Author Topic: Nats Extra suggestions?  (Read 1554 times)

Offline rocknwin

Nats Extra suggestions?
« Topic Start: August 15, 2010, 01:28:04 PM »
So...I think Ray Knight and Johnny Holliday should be replaced. If you take a look at MLB Network or Baseball Tonight, usually there are young energetic guys with extensive playing experience, and/or great public speaking ability. There is a certain standard of professionalism that our Nats Extra show doesn't seem to be meeting.

For example, count the number of 'uuhhhs' and studders that Ray Knight speaks.

It would be great to have a franchise veteran in there. Our team is so young and we don't have many, so that's understandable.

Thoughts everyone?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nats Extra suggestions?
« Reply #1: August 15, 2010, 01:29:44 PM »
Compared to Don Baylor (who actually filled in on Nats Xtra a couple of years ago), Ray Knight is silky smooth.  :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2: August 15, 2010, 01:33:40 PM »
NO!  Ray Knight's understanding of the game from an Ol Veteran cannot be replaced!  As for Johnny, he's an institution in broadcasting!

Online Smithian

• Team America 2018
« Reply #3: August 15, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »
I like them. Ray Knight knows his baseball and Johnny is very good at what he does.

What we need to do is pay Gary Carter more than that college job and get him as our third broadcaster. He fills in well with Dibbs and Bob Carpenter.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• Champs!
« Reply #4: August 15, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »
Agreed.

Carter was awesome.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #5: August 15, 2010, 04:55:08 PM »
Knight is a fixture - he cares so much it hurts sometimes, you have to respect that.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• Champs!
« Reply #6: August 15, 2010, 05:14:58 PM »
Knight is a fixture - he cares so much it hurts sometimes, you have to respect that.

When the team gets good... he's going to break down on the air after a tough loss. You can see it coming from a mile away.

Online UMDNats

• 2018 nationals
« Reply #7: August 15, 2010, 06:33:17 PM »
Johnny is a local legend (and a freaking boss) and Ray Knight is awesome. He can't talk, but he loves the job and the team so much it's ok.

Offline Kevrock

• Troll So Hard University
« Reply #8: August 15, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »
I like Ray in his role. I don't like him when he fills in for Dibble, but like him on Nats Extra. I enjoy his interviews with the players and I feel like the players respect him.

Anyway, I don't watch Nats Extra every game, but I like Ray and Johnny.

Get rid of Debbi, though.

Offline imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
« Reply #9: August 15, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »
3rd post and you are attacking Ray Knight?  He's fine (and a really nice guy if you ask him for an autograph).

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #10: August 15, 2010, 11:23:47 PM »
3rd post and you are attacking Ray Knight?  He's fine (and a really nice guy if you ask him for an autograph).

What's the post minimum for expression an opinion around here?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #11: August 15, 2010, 11:28:08 PM »

Offline imref

« Reply #12: August 15, 2010, 11:28:36 PM »

Offline Coladar

« Reply #13: August 15, 2010, 11:58:33 PM »
BS. Ray Knight is phenomenal, offers a ridiculous amount of experience and insight, and most importantly loves this team with a passion. I had the pleasure to sit behind Johnny and Ray in the Presidents Club this year one game, and Ray was yelling and cheering more than anyone. His knowledge of the game is indisputable. He might not be the best speaker, but all his other offerings compared to some "young guy full of energy" who knows jack **** about the game... Laughable.

Likewise, Johnny is the consummate professional broadcaster, and offsets Rays homerism perfectly. You could not find a more professional broadcaster than Johnny, and he does an excellent job.

Most important of all, Ray Knight is constantly on the field prior to games helping our players with his knowledge. He is essentially a second hitting coach. That is, without question, irreplaceable, and actually helps the team. You don't see many other broadcasters doing the same. Those two are as good as it gets, and any talk about replacing them wih young, inexperienced idiots who's only positive is being hyper is ridiculous.

Offline imref

« Reply #14: August 16, 2010, 12:23:05 AM »
BS. Ray Knight is phenomenal, offers a ridiculous amount of experience and insight, and most importantly loves this team with a passion. I had the pleasure to sit behind Johnny and Ray in the Presidents Club this year one game, and Ray was yelling and cheering more than anyone. His knowledge of the game is indisputable. He might not be the best speaker, but all his other offerings compared to some "young guy full of energy" who knows jack **** about the game... Laughable.

Likewise, Johnny is the consummate professional broadcaster, and offsets Rays homerism perfectly. You could not find a more professional broadcaster than Johnny, and he does an excellent job.

Most important of all, Ray Knight is constantly on the field prior to games helping our players with his knowledge. He is essentially a second hitting coach. That is, without question, irreplaceable, and actually helps the team. You don't see many other broadcasters doing the same. Those two are as good as it gets, and any talk about replacing them wih young, inexperienced idiots who's only positive is being hyper is ridiculous.

you are my new favorite poster.

Online DPMOmaha

• Take two of these 30 minutes before first pitch.
« Reply #15: August 16, 2010, 12:43:13 AM »
I like them. Ray Knight knows his baseball and Johnny is very good at what he does.

What we need to do is pay Gary Carter more than that college job and get him as our third broadcaster. He fills in well with Dibbs and Bob Carpenter.
Nah, just see if they can get him after the college season is over through the end of the year.  Kinda like the Padres do with Tony Gwynn.