Author Topic: HOPE!!!  (Read 1294 times)

mar (AKA pasqual AKA JMG)

Re: HOPE!!!
« Topic Start: July 20, 2005, 02:44:33 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
I AM ALONE IN MY BELIEF IN THE NATIONALS!!! I KNOW NO ONE THAT BELIEVES THE NATIONALS CAN WIN THE WORLD SERIES!! EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR US TO FALL FLAT ON OUR FACES AND THEY EXPECT FLORIDA (WHO WAS UNDER 500 JUST THE OTHER DAY) TO BEAT US!! SO CAN I PLEASE GET SOME NATIONALS FANS TO TELL ME THEY BELIEVE TOO?

I dunno how many Nats fans believe the Nats can win the WS (as opposed to make the playoffs as either division winner or WC).

As of the All Star break, Vegas had Nats at 8-1 to win the World Series (same as marlins and padres, better than braves who were - if I recall right - 12-1). Dunno if the odds have gotten longer since then (I remember Angels and Red Sox at 3-1, forget where everyone else was).

Nats have a shot at the playoffs but a lot may change in the NL East. Right now there are rumors both Marlins and Phillies are gonna tank the season (tho this seems to have died down a bit recently, maybe cos of nats slump). Or to be accurate there are rumors they are going to trade key players that would seem to make it hard for them to compete.

Anyway, keep the faith  :D