Shawn Chacon, RHP (1-5, 4.30)
John Patterson, RHP (3-2, 2.92)
Nationals (53-40)MLB.com scouting report:
John Patterson makes his 17th start of the season Tuesday at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium, but looking at his record you'd never know it.
Patterson has pitched well enough to win his share of games -- look no further than his sterling 2.92 ERA -- but the right-hander is just 3-2 and hasn't earned a decision in his past five starts.
His last time out on Thursday, Patterson surrendered two runs in six innings against Milwaukee, but the Brewers won the game, 4-2, with a two-run double from Damian Miller in the bottom of the eighth inning.
Shawn Chacon is scheduled to make the start Tuesday for the Rockies. Chacon faced the Expos twice last season, but both appearances were out of the bullpen. He earned a save and struck out three hitters in a total of two innings.
An error by Vinny Castilla in the ninth inning Monday allowed the Rockies to win the first game of the series, 5-4.Probable Starting Lineups:
1. Cory Sullivan, CF Jamey Carroll, SS
2. Aaron Miles, 2B Jose Vidro, 2B
3. Todd Helton, 1B Brad Wilkerson, 1B
4. Eric Byrnes, RF Jose Guillen, RF
5. Garrett Atkins, 3B Brian Schneider, C
6. Matt Holliday, LF Preston Wilson, CF
7. Luis A. Gonzalez, SS Ryan Church, LF
8. Danny Ardoin, C Carlos Baerga, 3B
9. Shawn Chacon, P John Patterson, P