Author Topic: MLB Last Man All Star  (Read 3660 times)

Offline soxfan1979

MLB Last Man All Star
« Topic Start: July 04, 2010, 01:33:06 PM »
Hello Nat Fans!

Just wanted you guys to know that some WSI White Sox forum mermbers will be voting for Zimmerman in the national league for the last man AS spot. Hope you guys join in and Vote for our Paulie. NO MORE YANKEES NO MORE BOSOX LOL

Thanks
Soxfan1979 (Nats fan in the NL)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: MLB Last Man All Star
« Reply #1: July 04, 2010, 01:39:29 PM »
What's up with all the White Sox fans?  And why did they all choose the Nats as thier nl team?

Offline soxfan1979

« Reply #2: July 04, 2010, 01:41:42 PM »
What's up with all the White Sox fans?  And why did they all choose the Nats as thier nl team?

Well I never was a fan of any NL team so when the Nats came into the league I decided to follow. Why not a new team from scratch?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #3: July 04, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
It wasn't a question directed directly at you, more of a thinking out loud thing.  The "Starting from scratch" thing seems to be common.

Do you have link for the vote?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #4: July 04, 2010, 01:46:18 PM »
A) Obama

B) People with no team should cheer for the Nats. Braves are a dumb choice for a national team just because they had games on national cable. Cubs, the same.  I understand St Louis because of the radio coverage.

Offline soxfan1979

« Reply #5: July 04, 2010, 01:47:15 PM »
It wasn't a question directed directly at you, more of a thinking out loud thing.  The "Starting from scratch" thing seems to be common.

Do you have link for the vote?

Oh I know it wasn't, just thought I'd thoss in my reason.

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp

Small link bottom of 1st slide

Offline soxfan1979

« Reply #6: July 04, 2010, 01:48:41 PM »
A) Obama

B) People with no team should cheer for the Nats. Braves are a dumb choice for a national team just because they had games on national cable. Cubs, the same.  I understand St Louis because of the radio coverage.

Oh don't mention those Flubs hahahaha

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #7: July 04, 2010, 02:27:55 PM »
What's up with all the White Sox fans?  And why did they all choose the Nats as thier nl team?

We all know SoxFan59 is a well respected member of this forum and has been since 2006. He seems to genuinely like and, to a degree, follow the Nats. However, in this particular case I believe this soxfan is more than likely not a Nats fan. He registered here today after the ASG selections were announced and there seems to be a concerted effort over at White Sox Interactive to go to message boards of other teams to "partner" up with them to get their boy into the ASG. I don't get the obsession some people have with their players being in the ASG. Here is a link to a thread at a Cincinnati Reds message board where someone registered there as ChiSox asking for an alliance to vote for Konerko in exchange for a mass vote for Votto.

RedsZone

And here's a link to a White Sox board where they hatch the plan to come here to do the same. They seem to forge these partnerships with NL team fans message boards every year in an effort to get their boys in (the ASG is really a joke these days).  :?  It looks like one of our members is a member there as well and linked them to WNFF.  :lmao:  

WhiteSoxInteractive

I wonder if they've made it to other message boards yet. If anything I'm going to encourage people to vote for anyone other than Konerko for this ruse.

Offline asindc

« Reply #8: July 04, 2010, 03:52:13 PM »
We all know SoxFan59 is a well respected member of this forum and has been since 2006. He seems to genuinely like and, to a degree, follow the Nats. However, in this particular case I believe this soxfan is more than likely not a Nats fan. He registered here today after the ASG selections were announced and there seems to be a concerted effort over at White Sox Interactive to go to message boards of other teams to "partner" up with them to get their boy into the ASG. I don't get the obsession some people have with their players being in the ASG. Here is a link to a thread at a Cincinnati Reds message board where someone registered there as ChiSox asking for an alliance to vote for Konerko in exchange for a mass vote for Votto.

RedsZone

And here's a link to a White Sox board where they hatch the plan to come here to do the same. They seem to forge these partnerships with NL team fans message boards every year in an effort to get their boys in (the ASG is really a joke these days).  :?  It looks like one of our members is a member there as well and linked them to WNFF.  :lmao:  

WhiteSoxInteractive

I wonder if they've made it to other message boards yet. If anything I'm going to encourage people to vote for anyone other than Konerko for this ruse.

I am the member who provided the link to wnff.  In that same thread, I posted that I would reach out to Nats fans about the idea as a fan of both teams.  For the record, I have been attending Nats games since the 2006, and I have been a member of this site since 2008.  I posted the link before it was brought to my attention that at least one other Sox fan had reached out to Cincy fans.  I haven't read about any attempts to reach out to any other fan boards.  I think the Nats came to mind for some Sox fans because there are quite a few of us who live in the DC/Balt. area and we regularly discuss the Nats on WSI.  It was not meant as a ruse, it has just been a haphazard effort that caused some confusion.

At this point, I am not either encouraging or discouraging the idea, partly because the Sox's best player this year, Alex Rios, is not even on the Last Man ballot, and I think it's gotten a bit out of hand.  For what it is worth, Konerko is the most popular Sox player not named Buehrle, has been with the team since 1999, and is in the last year of his contract.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #9: July 04, 2010, 05:18:34 PM »
Vote Zimmerman!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #10: July 04, 2010, 05:49:53 PM »
Vote Zimmerman!

This sure lit a fire under his ass :shock:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #11: July 04, 2010, 08:16:28 PM »
IF you do vote for an AL player, then Konerko deserves some thought.  He carried that team in April before some of the other hitters got going.  His numbers aren't too different from Youkilis, who of course would my boy.  Konerko would not be a bad choice if you want to stay clear of the east coast teams.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #12: July 04, 2010, 10:36:03 PM »
Remember when Podsednik got in over Jeter? These internet campaigns must work.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #13: July 06, 2010, 04:22:36 PM »
Just got an email from nationals.com saying "Vote For Ryan and Michael".  Why the hell is a Nationals email advocating an AL player (Michael Young)?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #14: July 06, 2010, 11:27:05 PM »
is there a bigger all star snub this year than Brennan Boesch in Detroit?

224 ABs
.343/.398/.603
31 R
46 RBI
12 HR
2 SB

batting .453 against lefties.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #15: July 06, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »
Just got an email from nationals.com saying "Vote For Ryan and Michael".  Why the hell is a Nationals email advocating an AL player (Michael Young)?

It's a joint campaign. The Rangers are doing it too. The slogan is something like "They saved the best for last. Literally, our names are last on the ballot".

The Reds and Red Sox are doing it for Votto and Youkilis... who are surprisingly leading the votes right now. freaking Sox Nation.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #16: July 07, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »
is there a bigger all star snub this year than Brennan Boesch in Detroit?

224 ABs
.343/.398/.603
31 R
46 RBI
12 HR
2 SB

batting .453 against lefties.

Joey Votto.

@cmd - I thought the campaign was mentioning the two third basemen? Also, Youk and Votto happen to be the two best players on their respective ballots this season.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #17: July 07, 2010, 12:18:11 AM »
Joey Votto.

@cmd - I thought the campaign was mentioning the two third basemen?

:shrug: That could be it. I just know that the Rangers and Nationals are both giving positive reps to the other teams players to appeal to getting votes for themselves.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #18: July 07, 2010, 09:49:16 AM »
Hello Nat Fans!

Just wanted you guys to know that some WSI White Sox forum mermbers will be voting for Zimmerman in the national league for the last man AS spot. Hope you guys join in and Vote for our Paulie. NO MORE YANKEES NO MORE BOSOX LOL

Thanks
Soxfan1979 (Nats fan in the NL)

I've been voting the Konerko / Zimmerman tandem all along.

Online imref

« Reply #19: July 07, 2010, 12:00:02 PM »
Joey Votto.

at least Votto made the last man ballot, Boesch got nothing.

Online imref

« Reply #20: July 07, 2010, 03:39:36 PM »
heath bell (gallardo) and Rafael Soriano (Rivera) named to the ASG as injury replacements.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #21: July 07, 2010, 10:25:52 PM »
Stop reading this thread and VOTE ZIMMERMAN!  :roll: