Author Topic: NEED HELP  (Read 1311 times)

nospinzone1

NEED HELP
« Topic Start: August 28, 2006, 12:55:04 AM »
MY NIECE GAVE ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY A COUPLE OF TICKETS FOR THE CARDS GAME SEPT. 6. I HAVE ALWAYS DRIVEN TO THE GAMES. SINCE THE GAME IS AN AFTERNOON GAME AND WHEN IT ENDS I WILL BE GETTING INTO RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC, WHICH IS UNBEARABLE AT THAT TIME. HOW DO I GET TO THE STADIUM ON METRO FROM ROCKVILLE? THANKS KIND SOULS.

Offline Dave B

NEED HELP
« Reply #1: August 28, 2006, 07:54:15 AM »
Wait!  I thought you would never set foot in the district because of all the crime.  Anyway, I would suppose you take the red line to metro center and change to the orange line and take that to the stadium

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
NEED HELP
« Reply #2: August 28, 2006, 07:55:57 AM »
Actually either Orange or Blue lines will get you there from Metro Centre.

nospinzone1

NEED HELP
« Reply #3: August 28, 2006, 10:25:34 AM »
Quote from: "Dave B"
Wait!  I thought you would never set foot in the district because of all the crime.  Anyway, I would suppose you take the red line to metro center and change to the orange line and take that to the stadium

this is an emergency LOL. my beloved Cards vs. my beloved Senators/nats

I took a look at the envelope that my niece gave me with the tickets and low and behold there is free parking to go with it. the question now is do I want to drive back home with rush hour on or ride Metro with a bunch of people sweating and stinky underarmsLOL

Nats Bruin

NEED HELP
« Reply #4: August 28, 2006, 10:36:22 AM »
Looking forward to the Cards series. I'm not a Cardinal fan,
but I will admit....they have the best uniforms in baseball
BAR NONE!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
NEED HELP
« Reply #5: August 30, 2006, 03:49:05 PM »
Quote from: "nospinzone1"
Quote from: "Dave B"

this is an emergency LOL. my beloved Cards vs. my beloved Senators/nats

I took a look at the envelope that my niece gave me with the tickets and low and behold there is free parking to go with it. the question now is do I want to drive back home with rush hour on or ride Metro with a bunch of people sweating and stinky underarmsLOL

You could stick around in town for a couple of hours after the game and let the traffic die down - the week following Labour Day is always a traffic nightmare.  Personally, I would drive, but I also take back streets from the stadium up to Benning Road and then Florida Avenue over downtown and right to my house in Adams Morgan, but that's probably not a good idea if you don't know the city REALLY well.  So maybe Metro - Red Line from Union Station takes 20 or 25 minutes to get to Twinbrook/Rockville Center.  When I take Metro, I usually walk the 17 or 18 blocks from the stadium to Union (rather than mess with the crowd at the Stadium/Armory station), but I like to walk.  The shady apartment blocks that used to spice up the walk down East Capitol St are largely gone, so it's safe enough if you don't mind a little exercise.

Offline Dave B

NEED HELP
« Reply #6: August 30, 2006, 10:57:46 PM »
And the area is safe when there are lots of people making the walk with you.  There was that one sketchy block, but it looks like it has been bought and someone is going to develop it.

nospinzone1

FOR MY ADORING FANS AND THOSE THAT DONT
« Reply #7: August 31, 2006, 10:46:07 PM »
IT'S NOT A TRAGEDY WHEN YOU CAN'T BE YHOURSELF. TRAGEDY IS WHEN BEING YOURSELF MEANS BEING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANT YOU TO BE.