Author Topic: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 3  (Read 9064 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 3
« Reply #150: June 27, 2010, 05:14:24 PM »
Had no motivation to watch today.  Instead, took the canoe down to Mattawoman Creek and caught 8 bass, including one over 3, another over 4 lbs.  Saw a snakehead that had to be more than 10 lbs.  Stopped at the BJ Carry Out for some BBQ on the way home, and had no regrets. 

Nats really, really suck.

Sounds like a sweet day TT.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #151: June 27, 2010, 05:19:26 PM »
Sounds like a sweet day TT.

Place is stuffed with bass.  I left just as the tide was getting right (a couple of hours from mean low).  When the baitfish get pulled out of the marshes into the creeks, the bass turn on for 3-4 hours of fast action.  But, we had to get going, called it a day around 2:00 pm.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #152: June 27, 2010, 06:19:50 PM »
Had no motivation to watch today.  Instead, took the canoe down to Mattawoman Creek and caught 8 bass, including one over 3, another over 4 lbs.  Saw a snakehead that had to be more than 10 lbs.  Stopped at the BJ Carry Out for some BBQ on the way home, and had no regrets. 

Nats really, really suck.
Should have caught the snakehead.  I here they make great soup. Someone ought to find a way to raise them over here. 

oh, wait a second . . .

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #153: June 27, 2010, 06:26:50 PM »
This team deserved to lose today. 2 on, 0 out in the 8th, no runs scored. Losers.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #154: June 27, 2010, 07:23:51 PM »
Should have caught the snakehead.  I here they make great soup. Someone ought to find a way to raise them over here. 

oh, wait a second . . .

Oh, believe me, I was going to take a shot at it.  I was astonished at its size - length and girth.  It noticed my canoe, stopped, turned partway to give me a good look, only about 12 feet away, in about 2 feet of clear water.  We had a brief staredown, I was holding still hoping not to spook it, but it turned and swam away.  I fired one cast in the last known direction, and it was gone.

With most fish I've sight casted to - red drum (a.k.a. redfish), primarily, once they see you, the game is over.  And once you can see them, they are in position to see you too, if they look the right direction. 

Besides, one of my fishing buddies is ethnic Chinese, so we've tabbed him the guy to be the first experimenter with snakehead flesh.  Supposedly resembles flounder.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #155: June 27, 2010, 08:02:21 PM »
I'm surprised that Zimm had the #1 web gem tonight, I didn't think that play was that incredible.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #156: June 27, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »
I'm surprised that Zimm had the #1 web gem tonight, I didn't think that play was that incredible.

Anyone know if Nyjer's amazing catch on the wall from game 1 get #1 that night?

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #157: June 27, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
Anyone know if Nyjer's amazing catch on the wall from game 1 get #1 that night?
Not sure but it was the Premiere play of the day on the MLB Network
I'm pretty sure it had to be. Catches like that are very rare

Offline Fan037

« Reply #158: June 27, 2010, 09:14:43 PM »
I went to the pool with my grandsons and missed the game for the second day in a row.  Again, I taped it and came home and watched.  How can you go 6 to 0 and lose 7 to 6?  How can you go 5 to 0 and lose 6 to 5?  How can you go 3 to 0 and lose 4 to 3?  Does that set some kind of record for ineptitude?  Also anyone know how many one-run games the Nats have lost?

I hate to say it but the season is turning into an every five day event.  Strasburg is the only positive right now.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #159: June 27, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »
I went to the pool with my grandsons and missed the game for the second day in a row.  Again, I taped it and came home and watched.  How can you go 6 to 0 and lose 7 to 6?  How can you go 5 to 0 and lose 6 to 5?  How can you go 3 to 0 and lose 4 to 3?  Does that set some kind of record for ineptitude?  Also anyone know how many one-run games the Nats have lost?

I hate to say it but the season is turning into an every five day event.  Strasburg is the only positive right now.

Don't forget the Marlins series early last year.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #160: June 27, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »
To make matters worse, I just realized I was less than a mile away from a Bojangles yesterday. GODDAMNIT

Damn... that sucks man. That sucks.

Drove down to Fenwick Today with hammonds. He was watching a game in another room while I fell asleep during the game. I heard the game but I wasn't watching it. For some reason I was picturing what the announcers were saying. I do recall hammonds screaming freak a couple times. Especially during Kennedy's throw and Clippards run.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #161: June 27, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »
I was astonished at its size - length and girth.
:shock:

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #162: June 27, 2010, 09:52:04 PM »
Watching your hero Morse go 0-4 wasn't enough? :rofl:
I predicted a 1 run loss. Thankfully I left after the 6th inning so I only saw the Nats lose 3-3.

Offline Blingon

« Reply #163: June 27, 2010, 10:11:27 PM »
To make matters worse, I just realized I was less than a mile away from a Bojangles yesterday. GODDAMNIT

Ha!  You know what?  I eat a Bojangles once a week or so, but miss Popeye's so much!  Bojangles is pretty good though :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #164: June 28, 2010, 08:37:59 AM »

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #165: June 28, 2010, 08:52:41 AM »
 I am a Nats fan who just watched their team lose 3 games to the Orioles. The Orioles who are one of the worst teams in the American League.  I am Speechless, utterly speechless AND EMBARRASSED to be a Nats fan today  :-[

:bag:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #166: June 28, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
I am a Nats fan who just watched their team lose 3 games to the Orioles. The Orioles who are one of the worst teams in the American League.  I am Speechless, utterly speechless AND EMBARRASSED to be a Nats fan today  :-[

CatsEye says all that needs to be said.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #167: June 28, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »
I am a Nats fan who just watched their team lose 3 games to the Orioles. The Orioles who are one of the worst teams in the American League baseball (except for us).  I am Speechless, utterly speechless AND EMBARRASSED to be a Nats fan today  :-[

Fixed.