Author Topic: Nationals @ Indians, Game 3  (Read 18501 times)

Offline PC

Re: Nationals @ Indians, Game 3
« Reply #450: June 13, 2010, 06:07:51 PM »
this.  the kid has a huge media contingent following him, so they need to give him the space so there's not 35 reporters/10 cameras, etc.

And that makes it even worse because they are mostly reporters who don't cover the Nationals or even cover baseball, generally.  I don't see the positives in this to keep it up after every game.   EVERY GAME!   :?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #451: June 13, 2010, 06:09:21 PM »
And that makes it even worse because they are mostly reporters who don't cover the Nationals or even cover baseball, generally.  I don't see the positives in this to keep it up after every game.   EVERY GAME!   :?

Who says it's going to go on every game? It's been two: the most anticipated debut of all-time and the immediate game after his awesome start. After a few starts it will wear off and he'll just become another ace pitcher.

Offline PC

« Reply #452: June 13, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »
Who says it's going to go on every game? It's been two: the most anticipated debut of all-time and the immediate game after his awesome start. After a few starts it will wear off and he'll just become another ace pitcher.

I hope but it's better to cut them off while they want more.  Be proactive.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #453: June 13, 2010, 06:10:19 PM »
I think Santana will be a decent player. Id take him as a backup (obviously) but he seems like a great type of a guy that can play well at Catcher... like a Flores, if he stays healthy.

Santana is a top 5 prospect in the game. He's nothing like Flores, at all. But, I get where you are coming from.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #454: June 13, 2010, 06:12:38 PM »
I hope but it's better to cut them off while they want more.  Be proactive.

I don't understand what that accomplishes. Deny major media coverage because you want them to cover you more? Yea, that'll show 'em!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #455: June 13, 2010, 06:15:11 PM »
Santana is a top 5 prospect in the game. He's nothing like Flores, at all. But, I get where you are coming from.

Well in that case than nevermind. I haven't looked up anything about Santana so forgive my lack of knowledge on him. I just based it on this past series since I don't look at anything Indians related, at all.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #456: June 13, 2010, 06:19:55 PM »
Have we found out if Nattie is Sportsfan yet?

They were both posting in the same GameDay Thread last week.  Posted moments apart. Scary.
But ASSCLOWN/sportsfan882 went to college.  nattie20 could be a clone... or a disciple.  But nattie20 is correct - like all MLB teams, we could use some better hitters.  Our starting pitchers are lacking too.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #457: June 13, 2010, 06:21:27 PM »
According to Big League, the home plate umpire said that Jesus had problems with the mound starting in the 2nd inning.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #458: June 13, 2010, 06:22:02 PM »
Arghhh, for some reason my tivo didn't record the game today. I programmed it, not sure what happened.

Brutal.

I guess I'll record the re-broadcast so I can watch Strasburg's innings and our big scoring innings tomorrow.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #459: June 13, 2010, 06:32:00 PM »
Yeah... ok, not impressed by Santana? I guess that 1.021 OPS his first three games really proved how terrible he was, right??

No one said Marte was a 'stud' either. It's been years since he was considered a prospect.

Don't talk about crap that you don't have a clue about.

Ok rageoholic. That is a crapass team that the Nats would never have lost to with a major league rotation. Look at the numbers, the rotation, and the roster. Even allowing for him to be top 5 in the game, they are still the 2008 Nats (Zim).

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #460: June 13, 2010, 06:33:08 PM »
I must be missing something. 

:rofl: If you read ASSCLOWN/sportsfan882's posts for the last several years, most people here could cover up your name, and think you were him. With 46,437 posts (the most on the WNFF board), his dissatisfaction with poor play is legendary. 

Some of us thought he'd lost another bet, and that his name had been changed to yours.  But ASSCLOWN/sportsfan882 is posting a lot less now that he's found... True Love.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #461: June 13, 2010, 07:05:02 PM »
Have we found out if Nattie is Sportsfan yet?

Take one more guess.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #462: June 13, 2010, 07:07:07 PM »
By the way COAC - Cleveland's owners are cheap. The mound was made of Play-Doh, the team is horrible, people here need to realize what they have.

We could also compare/contrast the Lerners with other owners who actually spend to improve the team. When I do that, it doesn't make me realize how good we have it.   :rofl:

Offline PC

« Reply #463: June 13, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »
Ok rageoholic. That is a crapass team that the Nats would never have lost to with a major league rotation. Look at the numbers, the rotation, and the roster. Even allowing for him to be top 5 in the game, they are still the 2008 Nats (Zim).

I'd put more of the blame on the lineup than the starting pitchers.  It defies logic why you'd start Willie Harris and Adam Kennedy in the lineup together on Friday and Willie Harris, Adam Kennedy AND Wil Nieves on Saturday.

With Martin and Atilano starting, Riggleman has to know we need as many runs as possible. Well, a good manager knows that.  Willie Harris and Adam Kennedy are not going to produce a lot of runs.  Assuming you go with Riggleman's rationale for playing Harris and Kennedy, ie give them more playing time to get them sharp, when they started the game on Friday, they weren't sharp!

When you score 2 runs and 1 run, as I've posted before, the starting pitcher, for the most part, is just controlling the size of the loss.  It's good when it happens but you can't really EXPECT your rotation to give up one and zero runs in successive games.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #464: June 13, 2010, 08:12:51 PM »
I'd put more of the blame on the lineup than the starting pitchers.  It defies logic why you'd start Willie Harris and Adam Kennedy in the lineup together on Friday and Willie Harris, Adam Kennedy AND Wil Nieves on Saturday.

With Martin and Atilano starting, Riggleman has to know we need as many runs as possible. Well, a good manager knows that.  Willie Harris and Adam Kennedy are not going to produce a lot of runs.  Assuming you go with Riggleman's rationale for playing Harris and Kennedy, ie give them more playing time to get them sharp, when they started the game on Friday, they weren't sharp!

When you score 2 runs and 1 run, as I've posted before, the starting pitcher, for the most part, is just controlling the size of the loss.  It's good when it happens but you can't really EXPECT your rotation to give up one and zero runs in successive games.

Obviously you are a newbie at the art of trolbaiting :lol: You don't see anyone jumping in and angrily defending Berkman - a proven great player and good guy.

This is a Nats board and I reserve the right to irrationally trash a bad team that owned the Nats 2 games in a row, regardless of the random rooting interests of others. Scott Olsen would have kept the team in the game better than Martin or Atilano. If the team wants to contend this year, major league starters are needed immediately. If they just want to stay afloat and contend in the near future, not so much.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #465: June 13, 2010, 08:29:35 PM »
Is Kennedy still better than Hudson? :hammer:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #466: June 13, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »

Still better than Guzman.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #467: June 13, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »
C'mon Riggs/Rizzo, just make Bernie the everyday CFer.

This.

Put Morse in RF and leave it alone for two weeks.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #468: June 13, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
Interesting enough the Nats are 5th in road attendance for some reason.

Past results leading people to believe it's a win for their team?

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #469: June 13, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »

A .070 difference in career OPS, a .120 difference in OPS this year, and Kennedy who has been a much better defensive player the last few years.  Kennedy will cost between 2-3.5m depending on if we exercise his 2011 option.  Hudson cost 5m this year alone and was so bad down the stretch last year that he got benched for Ronnie Belliard.

Hudson is a better offensive player.  Kennedy is the better option for 2 years while Espinosa matures and Kobernus hopefully starts developing.

Lets see what happens for the entire season instead of making a ridiculous judgement in June when one guy is being given every day time and the other is stuck sitting behind a slow singles hitter who doesn't help the team much at all.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #470: June 13, 2010, 10:02:10 PM »
This was the first time I ever saw a bunch of Nats jerseys in the crowd of an away game.  Not only are Nats games becoming home games in Nats Park, but now we're building a Nats Nation on the road.

Might be time to organize a bus trip to Philly.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #471: June 13, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »

He's not a head case and Desmond would be in Syracuse right now otherwise, so yeah, kinda.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #472: June 14, 2010, 12:45:19 AM »
Just finished watching the gAme on DVr.  The point where stras slid on the mound was pretty scary, it was a good thing they took him out as he was flustered. Storen was awesome, as were Dibble's stories about tearing up clubhouses in ny and stl after blowing saves.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #473: June 14, 2010, 01:00:31 AM »
BTW, THIS GAME IS BEING RE-BROADCAST
ON MASN SUNDAY NIGHT 11:30 PM - MONDAY 2:30 AM

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #474: June 14, 2010, 01:23:42 AM »
Great game, but HOLY CRAP, Batista!