after 1 day with the MacBook Air:
- love the size and weight, it seems almost as light as my iPad
- I don't see myself using the ipad much anymore
- the step down from an 15 to a 13" screen doesn't seem to matter much, I barely notice the missing space, the MBA makes my old MBP look like a behemoth.
There are two serious drawbacks
- plugging an external monitor in makes the fans go full speed, i'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I'm checking into it.
- the battery is built into the machine, so you can't simply swap it out when it dies. Rarely will this be an issue, but I used to carry a second battery when I flew cross country. That's no longer an option
- i miss the back-lit keyboard
Overall, i'm pretty happy with the decision to go with a 13" MBA over a 15" MBP.