Author Topic: iThread (AKA Apple Thread)  (Read 18325 times)

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
  • Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: iThread (AKA Apple Thread)
« Reply #875: September 21, 2012, 01:07:11 AM »
Heh.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #876: September 21, 2012, 09:33:13 AM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahha

(Image removed from quote.)

Funny thing is, I can't see that stuff because the iPhone 4 doesn't support that particular view.

The roadgeek community are applauding the new app because it uses the correct shield design for each state's highways (e.g., Virginia has that rounded-triangle sort of thing, North Carolina uses a diamond, etc.).

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #877: September 21, 2012, 09:51:53 AM »
There's a roadgeek community?

Offline CapsnNats

« Reply #878: September 21, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »
Did the iOS6 Update on my 4S yesterday. My battery is HORRENDOUS. I was fully charged this morning at 8am, have placed three short phone calls and used twitter once and my battery is at 63%. I've also turned off email push and a bunch of other things.

Online imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #879: September 21, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »
i upgrade my wife's phone last night, haven't really noticed any real difference yet except sharing photos is much simpler.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #880: September 21, 2012, 09:04:27 PM »
Ok, just signed into iTunes on our new laptop. I got a message stating that I owed them just under $20 due to a purchase not being covered by my credit card or some crap like that. Now they've had my phone numer and adress on file since I moved here in 2007. This purchase they say is dilinquent or whatever? October 19, 2009. WTF? They just now figuring that out? I've never received a single message from them regarding a payment issue. Of all things, it was on 2 Outlaws downloads :lol:

For crying out loud... Any suggestions for a remedy?

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #881: September 21, 2012, 09:10:46 PM »
Ok, just signed into iTunes on our new laptop. I got a message stating that I owed them just under $20 due to a purchase not being covered by my credit card or some crap like that. Now they've had my phone numer and adress on file since I moved here in 2007. This purchase they say is dilinquent or whatever? October 19, 2009. WTF? They just now figuring that out? I've never received a single message from them regarding a payment issue. Of all things, it was on 2 Outlaws downloads :lol:

For crying out loud... Any suggestions for a remedy?

Amazon MP3 :P

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #882: September 21, 2012, 09:17:16 PM »
Amazon MP3 :P

:lol: I was just trying to download all the stuff I previously paid for on to this computer w/o using a thumb drive. Guess I'll be giving them the big freak you then...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #883: September 21, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
Funny thing is, I can't see that stuff because the iPhone 4 doesn't support that particular view.

The roadgeek community are applauding the new app because it uses the correct shield design for each state's highways (e.g., Virginia has that rounded-triangle sort of thing, North Carolina uses a diamond, etc.).

Tell the road geeks to take the Apple short cut to the Hoover Dam.

Online imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #884: September 24, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »
i finally got to play with an iPhone 5 this weekend.  It's really not that big an improvement over the 4s, at least from first glance.  I feel a bit better about my 4s now (though I really wish I had LTE).

Online imref

• Like my arm slot?

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #886: September 29, 2012, 04:20:45 PM »
I would not have realized this on my own since I've never been to California, but the Apple Maps icon itself is deficient (the top icon here is Google Maps, the bottom is Apple Maps):

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
« Reply #887: September 29, 2012, 04:36:04 PM »
The iPhone 5 (Parody) Ad: A Taller Change

iPhones are the same phone over and over and over again.  The OS isn't the fastest out there, and the user interface is rather boring.

Windows Phone is the gaining steam (they do have the fastest internet and OS through certified speed tests), and is a much nicer user interface.

But all iPhone fans will jump at the next release. 

...It'll probably be called "iPhone 5s"  or "iPhone 6"...

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #888: September 29, 2012, 05:22:53 PM »
I'll put my sg3 running dolphin (did those tests even include non-stock browsers?) against any other mobile setup

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
« Reply #889: September 29, 2012, 07:00:11 PM »
I'll put my sg3 running dolphin (did those tests even include non-stock browsers?) against any other mobile setup

No it didnt do other browsers.  Just stock.  Internet Explorer mobile was the fastest; android browser was second; safari was third; and blackberry was last

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #890: September 29, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »
No it didnt do other browsers.  Just stock.  Internet Explorer mobile was the fastest; android browser was second; safari was third; and blackberry was last

The problem with that is no one uses the stock Android browser

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #891: September 29, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
The problem with that is no one uses the stock Android browser

Also, what hardware did they use?

Online PC

« Reply #892: October 23, 2012, 02:18:48 PM »
iYawn.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #893: November 02, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #894: November 20, 2012, 03:24:03 AM »
Omfg :lmao:

Francis Vs Siri on Apple Ipad or Iphone

Online imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #895: November 29, 2012, 02:39:24 PM »
Anyone using apple apps (mail/calendar/contacts) with gmail?  We're switching to gmail at work and I really would rather not use the web client.  I'm also looking at Postbox for mail, which seems to have better integration with Gmail.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #896: November 29, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »
Anyone using apple apps (mail/calendar/contacts) with gmail?  We're switching to gmail at work and I really would rather not use the web client.  I'm also looking at Postbox for mail, which seems to have better integration with Gmail.

I use mail with gmail and it's seamless, contacts are also fine. Calendar on the other hand does not play nicely with google calendars

Online imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #897: November 29, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »

thanks halfsmokes - check out postbox, you might like it.

itunes 11 is out today, haven't had a chance to play with it.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #898: December 01, 2012, 11:47:56 AM »
So here's a dumb problem: I added a screen lock to my 3-year-old MacBook Pro right before leaving town a few weeks ago (using the same password that I have used on this machine since I bought it), and for some inexplicable reason, it now does not work.  I tried using the "change password" utility after putting in the OS.X install disk and booting up while holding down the C key as instructed. 
This seems to have allowed me to reset the password, but then I found a curious catch-22 where it said something to the effect that this would not change my login password, which had to be changed through "keychain permissions".  What in the blue freaking hell??  Jesus, if I worked in IT I would be in prison right now for major felonious property damage if not homicide.  The specific message is "Password saved: The password you entered has been saved for the user XXXXXX. Resetting a password does not change the password for the user's login keychain so it will not be unlocked automatically. Use Keychain Accessto reset the password for the user's login keychain."

But one presumably needs to be logged in to change "keychain access" settings, no?  Oh the humanity...my jet-lagged brain is verklempt.

Just for argument's sake, what would be the downside to actually going ahead and reinstalling the OS?  I have a lot of stuff on my hard drive (photos, music, documents, etc etc...would those be affected? 

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #899: December 01, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
Keychain is a utility in OS X that stores passwords for all different sites for you.  What that message means is that now, when you go somewhere that needs a password, it will no longer auto-fill for you and instead prompt you for your "Keychain" password.  Once your Keychain is unlocked, it will be able to fill out passwords for you.

As far as reinstalling the OS, do you have another computer?  You can reinstall over the old system and not mess with your files, but I wouldn't advise doing it unless you had a backup of the most important things you need.