Author Topic: iThread (AKA Apple Thread)  (Read 18151 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• The Truth.
Re: iThread (AKA Apple Thread)
« Reply #825: July 25, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
A $2 adapter fixes that.

Online PC

« Reply #826: July 25, 2012, 07:27:07 PM »
...safari 6.0 may end up giving chrome a challenge

Updated at 10 a.m. PT with info about Safari for Windows.

Apple’s newest version of the Safari browser is now available on the Lion OS and the just-released Mountain Lion OS, but anyone with software pre-dating Lion won’t get to join in the fun. The company also has killed Safari for Windows links.

As announced back in June, Safari 6 on Mountain Lion incorporates some ideas taken from Google Chrome and Apple’s operating systems to make it a more polished browser. One big Mountain-Lion-only addition is a feature called iCloud Tabs, which lets Apple users with iCloud sync their tabs across Macs and iPhones, iPads, and iPods running iOS 6. Another cool feature is “Tab View,” which makes it easy to quickly look through all your open tabs. The new browser also includes built-in sharing to Facebook and Twitter.

While most of Safari 6′s new options are Mountain Lion only, users on Lion (OS X 10.7), can still take advantage of big add-ons like the new URL bar that combines the address bar and unified search, Do Not Track support, and a new password storing option. It also has been designed to run faster all around.

But if you have an operating system before Lion, it appears you’re out of luck when it comes to upgrading Safari. At this time, Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) and Leopard (OS X 10.5) users will not be able to take advantage of the nice updates.

Update: Apple has removed Safari for Windows links from its official Safari website. We’re not sure if there were that many Safari users on Windows to begin with, but still, Safari for Windows may be no more.

We have contacted Apple to get the official word on this and we will update this post if they respond.

Finally, someone in Cupertino took my advice because Safari for Windows sucks HARD!

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
  • Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #827: July 25, 2012, 07:41:02 PM »
Finally, someone in Cupertino took my advice because Safari for Windows sucks HARD!

Most Apple software on Windows sucks hard.

Online HalfSmokes

• You're sicke Jesse, sick sick sick
« Reply #828: July 25, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »
Mountain Lion?

yep

New iPhone is coming out with a new connection cord, have fun buying all new accessories.  With a new connector will they have a new screen size, something bigger, something like what the Android phones have?  What?  No, because their screen parameters are hard coded?  Oh well, enjoy puny phones.

because there's a standard android connector?

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #829: July 25, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »
yep

because there's a standard android connector?

Micro USB?

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #830: July 25, 2012, 07:57:36 PM »
Or mini, which happen to not be the same size

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #831: July 25, 2012, 08:02:43 PM »
Huh, I figured they had all decided to use micro usb.  I thought there was some sort of agreement.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #832: July 25, 2012, 08:12:50 PM »
How many companies manufacture android devices? I've seen crappy tablets in CVS to gooseberry to god knows how many phone oems - I'm relativly sure they all haven't signed anything

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #833: July 25, 2012, 08:18:03 PM »
I guess I must have been remembering this:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13970_7-10165603-78.html

2009 :shock: I'm surprised I still have a memory of anything from that long ago.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #834: July 25, 2012, 08:19:27 PM »
Was HTC not big then?

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #835: July 25, 2012, 08:21:42 PM »
I don't remember :lol:

Online The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #836: July 26, 2012, 12:08:25 PM »
HS I don't think I've ever seen a mini USB Android phone, at least not in recent (last 3 years) generations.  Micro USB is pretty much the standard for Androids.  Blackberries too.  Been using a BB wall charger with my GS1 at home for the last year and a half, never an issue.

With tablets you might have a case, a lot of Android tablets use proprietary connectors, though some (like the Nexus 7) stick with micro USB.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #837: July 26, 2012, 02:12:45 PM »
I have had iPhones for years but am finally fed up with the rigidness and short usability of the product. My iPhone 4 that I just bought 2 years ago is slow as freak running iOS 5. Planning to get Galaxy S III.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #838: July 26, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
I have had iPhones for years but am finally fed up with the rigidness and short usability of the product. My iPhone 4 that I just bought 2 years ago is slow as freak running iOS 5. Planning to get Galaxy S III.

I'm in that boat, just waiting for the next crop of nexus phones and hoping apple doesn't bend samsung over in the California suit and make their phones non-functional

Offline MarquisDeSade

• The Truth.
« Reply #839: July 26, 2012, 02:17:50 PM »
Has anyone gotten their iPhone to have decent volume with Bluetooth headphone yet?

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #840: July 26, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »
No, even in my car I have to jack up to volume when I stream via blue tooth

Offline MarquisDeSade

• The Truth.
« Reply #841: July 26, 2012, 02:23:42 PM »
I could jailbreak it and boost the volume but that kills the battery which spells disaster when I've also go Strava running.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #842: July 26, 2012, 03:07:25 PM »
Yup, same here. I have a bluetooth headset and the volume isn't as loud as it should be with the iPhone. My car bluetooth volume is fine though.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #843: July 26, 2012, 03:19:24 PM »
Has anyone gotten their iPhone to have decent volume with Bluetooth headphone yet?

Never had any problem with the volume on either the Bluetooth earpiece or the built-in Bluetooth device in one of the cars (with that one, the call comes over the stereo speakers and I can use the volume control on the steering wheel to adjust.....BTW I am referring to phone calls only, the car's Bluetooth does not stream music or anything else). The only time I've had an issue with it not being loud enough was not due to the phone nor the earpiece—it was because I was on the Interstate with the top down going 70 mph and the wind noise meant that I was going to have a harder time hearing either way.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• The Truth.
« Reply #844: July 26, 2012, 03:37:35 PM »
I'm referring more to when I'm hitting 40mph bombing Capitol Hill at 10pm with Steel Prophet weakly pumping through my BT headphones.  Seriously, I can almost here the terrorists tourists shrieking over the blast beats and two hand tapping and, to quote PB69's hero, "that's just not right".

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #845: July 26, 2012, 04:13:48 PM »
I'm referring more to when I'm hitting 40mph bombing Capitol Hill at 10pm with Steel Prophet weakly pumping through my BT headphones.  Seriously, I can almost here the terrorists tourists shrieking over the blast beats and two hand tapping and, to quote PB69's hero, "that's just not right".

:lmao: Now you're talking!

Online PC

« Reply #846: September 12, 2012, 02:35:35 PM »
iYawn.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #847: September 12, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
Not nearly as exciting as those Microsoft pressers.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #848: September 12, 2012, 07:09:11 PM »
They have enough people locked into their economy system that anything short of embarrassing should sell (I do miss certain aspects of ios on my new Samsungl

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #849: September 12, 2012, 08:12:13 PM »
i bought my wife an iPhone 4s on the 1st, so I have until tomorrow to return it and pay a $35 restocking fee.  I'm not sure it's worth it to trade it back for a 5.  She won't care/use LTE, and i'm not sure she'll even like the larger phone.

Me on the other hand, want one very very badly. :)  (I got a 4s in july from work, so i'm stuck with it for another 21 months).