Author Topic: iThread (AKA Apple Thread)  (Read 18321 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Bring on the ribs.
Re: iThread (AKA Apple Thread)
« Reply #275: June 06, 2011, 01:50:46 PM »
freak OS Lion and it's boring ass features. No one uses MAC OS anyways.

Says you.  I want the iPod/iPad/iPhone/iAnus/iFleshlight to hurry up and run it's course in the cultural zeitgeist so I can go back to being an Apple fan.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #276: June 06, 2011, 01:53:39 PM »
Says you.  I want the iPod/iPad/iPhone/iAnus/iFleshlight to hurry up and run it's course in the cultural zeitgeist so I can go back to being an Apple fan.

yep, I like apple, but this iCrap is getting old, and I really hate the fact that people think I'm trying to make a fashion/cultural statement based on my computer or phone

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Bring on the ribs.
« Reply #277: June 06, 2011, 01:57:22 PM »
yep, I like apple, but this iCrap is getting old, and I really hate the fact that people think I'm trying to make a fashion/cultural statement based on my computer or phone

Exactly, I've been a huge fan for over 10 years now but the whole "iHype" is lame.  The sooner this whole icrape is gone the better.  It's getting really goddamn depressing to watch people obsess over these horsecrap products instead of enjoying what precious time they have left in this world.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #278: June 06, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »
I'm gonna get an iPhone or iPad or tablet to chat with the little guy when I'm on business travel, but otherwise I could care less.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #279: June 06, 2011, 02:04:22 PM »
iPhones are nice products, but if it wasn't for the integration with my mac and my home network through airtunes, I'd probably look pretty hard at androids next upgrade

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Bring on the ribs.
« Reply #280: June 06, 2011, 02:19:57 PM »
At this point I'm about to go back to the Linux box sitting in my closet.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #281: June 06, 2011, 02:21:18 PM »
Apple mobile devices have changed everything.

I couldn't live without my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Such badass devices :whip:

Wow so many sweet features to iPhone 5! Over the air OS updates!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Bring on the ribs.
« Reply #282: June 06, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »
Apple mobile devices have changed everything.

Yes, for the worse.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #283: June 06, 2011, 02:23:52 PM »
At this point I'm about to go back to the Linux box sitting in my closet.

I've become a heavy Windows 7 user, surprisingly.

Online Kevrock

« Reply #284: June 06, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »
Says you.  I want the iPod/iPad/iPhone/iAnus/iFleshlight to hurry up and run it's course in the cultural zeitgeist so I can go back to being an Apple fan.

It's not looking like a fad, sorry.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Bring on the ribs.
« Reply #285: June 06, 2011, 02:24:46 PM »
I've become a heavy Windows 7 user, surprisingly.

I saw a demo of Windows 8 and it looked ok until I realized it was some crappy HTML5 interface over the same junk NTFS Windows 95 crap I've been staring at for almost 20 years. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #286: June 06, 2011, 02:28:36 PM »
the same junk NTFS Windows 95 crap

:crazy:

I've been staring at for almost 20 years. 

And the Mac OS UI has changed so dramatically in the last 20 years? No, it really hasn't.

I'm not gonna lie, my opinion of you goes way down if you're one of those Mac zealots who automatically dismisses anything from Microsoft out of hand.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #287: June 06, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »

And the Mac OS UI has changed so dramatically in the last 20 years? No, it really hasn't.

I'm not gonna lie, my opinion of you goes way down if you're one of those Mac zealots who automatically dismisses anything from Microsoft out of hand.

each has plusses and minuses, to say one is better is like a GM owner claiming everything that comes out of Ford is crap or vice versa, they are just brands

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Bring on the ribs.
« Reply #288: June 06, 2011, 02:36:20 PM »

A couple of things hoss:

1) I was joking on the Win95 NTFS crap statement, I guess I should have included this :P to indicate that.  
2) The only thing I could be accused of being a zealot about is not liking yuppies and being a fatass.  I may use a Mac at home and love all of the little idiot crack they have (the quick TM and Copyright symbols) but at the end of the day I could really care less about the OS.
3) My hatred of Microsoft has about 0.0001% to do with MS and about 99.9999% to do with the piece of crap, modal, Windows 3.1, awful EMR I spend 39 hours a week fighting with that has problems with Microsoft products.
4) I really like Windows XP and probably always will.  

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #289: June 06, 2011, 02:39:45 PM »
I'm running twm from a Mac server on cygwin right now :woop:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #290: June 06, 2011, 02:43:14 PM »
A couple of things hoss:

Sorry, I tend to get a little defensive about it.  I've known people that might have said what you said and been 100% serious.

each has plusses and minuses, to say one is better is like a GM owner claiming everything that comes out of Ford is crap or vice versa, they are just brands

Of course.  I prefer Windows but I use Mac OS regularly as well.  It's either/or for what I do on a computer 90% of the time (surf the web :lol: ).

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Bring on the ribs.
« Reply #291: June 06, 2011, 02:51:24 PM »
Sorry, I tend to get a little defensive about it.  I've known people that might have said what you said and been 100% serious.

No problem, I have friends like that and they look like total dumbasses. 

I have a very simple philosophy on most things - if I buy/try something and it works and doesn't let me down I'll stick with it until it does.  When I met Mrs. de Sade years ago she was a Mac user and turned me on to them after my fifth Dell laptop crapped out on me.  I've been with them ever since and will be until they start churning out crap. 

Offline The Chief

« Reply #292: June 06, 2011, 02:55:45 PM »
Oh their hardware is lovely.  Most "PC" laptops are such junk, which makes Windows look bad even though it has nothing to do with Windows.

If I were buying a laptop tomorrow, it'd be a MBP no doubt.  Fortunately we all have permanent loaner macbooks at work, so it's a non-issue for me.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #293: June 06, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »
iCrapTM?
No problem, I have friends like that and they look like total dumbasses.  

I have a very simple philosophy on most things - if I buy/try something and it works and doesn't let me down I'll stick with it until it does.  When I met Mrs. de Sade years ago she was a Mac user and turned me on to them after my fifth Dell laptop crapped out on me.  I've been with them ever since and will be until they start churning out crap.  

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Bring on the ribs.
« Reply #294: June 06, 2011, 02:58:35 PM »
Oh their hardware is lovely.  Most "PC" laptops are such junk, which makes Windows look bad even though it has nothing to do with Windows.

Which is exactly why I made the switch.  Nothing about being hip it just didn't make sense to torture myself by shelling out $2500/year and all of the headaches of dealing with Dell to have a working laptop.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #295: June 06, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »
Which is exactly why I made the switch.  Nothing about being hip it just didn't make sense to torture myself by shelling out $2500/year and all of the headaches of dealing with Dell to have a working laptop.

My Toshiba netbook is :az: I want more of them.

Online Kevrock

« Reply #296: June 06, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »
the headaches of dealing with Dell to have a working laptop.

Seriously. Spending six hours on the phone with Dell tech support convincing them that my graphics card blew out was not fun. So, I won't buy their computers anymore.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #297: June 06, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »
It's been so long since I even shopped notebooks that I wouldn't know where to begin.  Asus seems to have a lot of nice offerings these days, but who knows.  I just know my last notebook was a Compaq that I got for $399 on clearance in 2006, and it lasted me well over 3 years before I sold it locally for $200.  Sturdy built and still worked fine aside from the battery being next-to-useless.  It wasn't winning any speed awards but it was completely adequate for a living room web surfer.

It was the Livo of laptops, only minus the junk-punching :punch:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Bring on the ribs.
« Reply #298: June 06, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »
My Toshiba netbook is :az: I want more of them.

The only "netbook" I've tried that I've liked is the MacBook Air.  

Seriously. Spending six hours on the phone with Dell tech support convincing them that my graphics card blew out was not fun. So, I won't buy their computers anymore.

Yup, having some dude tell me to "do the needful" and wait for a motherboard to install in a new laptop was the lick that killed poor Dick for me.  

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
  • Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #299: June 06, 2011, 03:48:29 PM »

Don't lie, your opinion goes down if someone even uses Apple products :poke: :mg: