Author Topic: iThread (AKA Apple Thread)  (Read 25777 times)

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
  • Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
iThread (AKA Apple Thread)
« Topic Start: June 11, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »
Because, dangit, if JMad has his Google and Yahoo threads and PA gets his Microsoft thread, then I can have my Apple Thread!  :evil:

:razz: :razz: :razz:

So first on the agenda - iOS 4.  I installed the developer GM release onto my 3GS last night.  I have to say... Meh...  Unified inbox is cool, I guess, if you have multiple main email accounts.  I don't really.

Everyone whined about wanting multi tasking.  I don't know that I like it.  Now I seem to be constantly worried about going into the task switcher and closing things that I don't want to still run, worried about battery life.  I haven't had a full day of use yet, but we'll see how the battery does without intervention in the task switcher over the course of the day.

I do have to say that given AT&T's offer for me to upgrade at the new customer price to an iPhone 4 only 1 year into my contract on the 3GS, I will probably be ordering one.  Retina display + bigger battery + Apple A4 processor in addition to a design that I like much more than the 3G / 3GS design makes it a pretty easy sell at $199.