Author Topic: Chevy Chase Bank Field at Byrd Stadium  (Read 2739 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Chevy Chase Bank Field at Byrd Stadium
« Topic Start: September 01, 2006, 06:05:53 PM »
There's something in me that just doesn't like this.  But I generally give credit to Yow for leaving no stone unturned in pursuit of expanding, improving, and funding Md. sports.  Maryland has never had an AD this competent.

I will add that she has treated my parents great.  They have season tickets to football, and make modest contributions to the Terrapin club, but are by no means well healed or influencial or on the verge of donating big $ to the school.  But everytime they run into her, she not only greets them like old lost pals, but lavishes them with event tickets or other free stuff, even once inviting them to join her in her suite for a big Md. women's game, including pregame buffet, all gratis.  It means a lot to them that she values their modest contributions (though not modest to them) like she does the high rollers.

But isn't it only a matter of time before all schools are doing this?  I wish we weren't blazing the trail, but it's tough to compete, and it's imperative that Md. not stand pat.