Author Topic: Marlins Selling Unused Tickets from Halladay's Perfect Game  (Read 916 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Marlins selling Halladay tickets at 'face'

Associated Press

MIAMI -- Here's a chance to buy tickets to a guaranteed perfect game -- the one Roy Halladay already threw. The Florida Marlins will begin selling on Tuesday unused tickets to the game in which the Philadelphia Phillies ace pitched the 20th perfect game in major league history, a 1-0 victory over the Marlins on Saturday.  All tickets will be regularly priced at "face value" and on sale both online and through the Marlins' box office.

Paid attendance that night was about 25,000, a relatively large crowd for a Marlins' home game. By comparison, Florida drew a paid crowd of 10,115 -- its smallest of the season -- for Monday's game against Milwaukee.
 :$$$:

Offline PC

Face value?  FACE VALUE???  Are they kidding?  Face value for a game that's already been played?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I'm sure Lerner thinks this is a wonderful idea and is longing to sell Nationals unused tickets.  :?   :$$$:

Offline blue911

And some fat assed Philly fan will be telling all his buddies how he was at the game.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
LAC

Lorias Are Cheap :lol:

Offline DPMOmaha

White Sox did this last year too after Buehrle's PG.

Offline HalfSmokes

So every idiot can claim they were there and have the ticket stub to proove it?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Loria shouldn't stop there, he should start selling the gum and tobacco from the dugout floor. 

Offline Gnome

White Sox did this last year too after Buehrle's PG.
As did the A's after Braden's.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
They had a ton of guys on the street last night trying to buy up all the used ticket stubs.

I was asked for mine. I said I'll give it to him for 50. He said 5.

I still have my ticket stub.