Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1311 times)

Offline NatsCaps19

Hello!
« Topic Start: July 19, 2005, 01:25:30 AM »
just wanted to introduce myself.. heard about this board from the Capitals board. Jumped on the Nats bandwagon early in the year and still hanging on for dear life through the recent slump! Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone on this board. See you online.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Hello!
« Reply #1: July 19, 2005, 01:39:05 AM »
Welcome to "The Forum" NatsCap19.  Although you picked a bad night...after our loss to the Rockies we are all either highly intoxicated or have committed suicide this evening.  Welcome nonetheless.   8)

Offline Kenz aFan

Hello!
« Reply #2: July 19, 2005, 01:55:22 AM »
Hey NatsCaps19, welcome to the forum... Senators2005 is right, you kinda bad lucked into on a bad night with the guys losing a tough one. But  in my book, any day there's baseball, is a good day. Hopefully the current slump will help them clean up the roughed up edges and get them back on the winning track.

Offline NatsCaps19

Hello!
« Reply #3: July 19, 2005, 05:06:58 AM »
well, lets hope they've hit rock bottom (no pun intended) and turn things around.

Here's a thought.. even though Vidro and Wilson have been solid, could they have possibly upset the chemisty of the team somewhat? I realize there have been a lot of injuries, and the Nats are about to break their franchise record for using players.. i dunno just something to chew on.

Montcobaseball

Hello!
« Reply #4: July 19, 2005, 07:31:27 AM »
I don't know about Wilson but you can trace the collapse of this team to the day that Vidro played his first game.   He is an all star caliber player and has not been hitting that bad but thats the way things go some time.  I know that it is tearing him up because he had said he didn't feel part of the team sitting in the stands or on the bench watching them win.

Offline Kenz aFan

Hello!
« Reply #5: July 19, 2005, 05:46:25 PM »
Yesterday Wilson mentioned he noticed a major difference in the two clubhouses. In the Nats there's a winning attitude about everything, so I don't think the problem has anything at all to do with chemistry. There's a lack of focus by too many players, the guys who should be doing the job all seem to be waiting for someone else to pick up the slack...

mar (AKA pasqual AKA JMG)

Hello!
« Reply #6: July 19, 2005, 06:02:21 PM »
Quote from: "Montcobaseball"
I don't know about Wilson but you can trace the collapse of this team to the day that Vidro played his first game.   He is an all star caliber player and has not been hitting that bad but thats the way things go some time.  I know that it is tearing him up because he had said he didn't feel part of the team sitting in the stands or on the bench watching them win.

Well yeah but I think it was co-incidence.

Nats like a lot of first place teams - this year and every year - stumbled into the All Star break (I mean look at the Angels - they ended the first half getting swept by Seattle in a 4 gamer!).

Problem so far is Nats have not come out of the gate for the second half playing well. Still, we're talking 5 games in the second half so far.