Author Topic: CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.  (Read 2273 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.
« Topic Start: July 19, 2005, 12:07:56 AM »
Ryan Church gets no respect from the Nationals Coaching Staff.

I am sick of this.

SHOW SOME CONFIDENCE IN THE KID AND LET HIM FRIGGIN HIT!

He's batting .300+ against lefties.

He's got the 2nd highest Batting Average on the team.

and you pinch hit JAMEY CARROLL for him?

you will use Carroll in place of CHURCH, but not in place of GUZMAN?

When is this team going to show some confidence in Church?

goin2cthenats

CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.
« Reply #1: July 19, 2005, 12:42:12 AM »
yeah i agree church gets wery little respect but churchs stats vs. leftys last year was .167 ( but only in 12 atbats). We Should use him every day. Church will be great in later years.

NatsCaps19

CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.
« Reply #2: July 19, 2005, 01:12:55 AM »
what also sucks is when Johnson comes back, Wilkie will move to left, Wilson will be in center, and obviously Guillen will be in right. Church will be on the bench  :evil:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.
« Reply #3: July 19, 2005, 01:18:58 AM »
As fans, all we can do really is cheer louder, and hope for the best for the players we like. We can protest until we're blue in the face, but it wont have much effect. Baseball managers and GMs see things from their point of view, not any of ours... So we hope for the best for the guys... Even if the best means them being sent someplace else...

mlbnationals

CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.
« Reply #4: July 19, 2005, 08:32:12 AM »
Hey Jmad, I can't agree more with what you said.  I was shocked to hear that FR was pinch hitting Carroll for Church.  I just can't understand why he doesn't have the confidence in a .300+ hitter, but yet leaves Booz-man in there, with his whopping .000 average in July.  While we're on dissapointing hitters, what about Wiff-erson?  What's up with this guy?

Offline rileyn

CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.
« Reply #5: July 19, 2005, 09:05:23 AM »
Quote from: "NatsCaps19"
what also sucks is when Johnson comes back, Wilkie will move to left, Wilson will be in center, and obviously Guillen will be in right. Church will be on the bench  :evil:

I think that if Johnson were healthy (cough, cough) we would see Wilkerson take a few days off.  As it stands right now, it's either Wilkie or Cordero at 1B.

Montcobaseball

CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.
« Reply #6: July 19, 2005, 12:50:28 PM »
That was such a bizarre move last night to first send up Byrd (Mr. almost automatic out) to pinch hit for Church who had tripled the day before and then pull Byrd back and send in Carroll.  I doubt if Carroll could have won the game but Church could have.

luckyexposfan

CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.
« Reply #7: July 19, 2005, 05:41:09 PM »
Once Johnson comes back, they ought to sit "The Wilk" for a while and let his arm heal up.  In the meantime, let Church lead off for a while and see how he handles it.  I'd really like to see this.

Hayden

CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.
« Reply #8: July 19, 2005, 09:34:58 PM »
Quote from: "luckyexposfan"
Once Johnson comes back, they ought to sit "The Wilk" for a while and let his arm heal up.  In the meantime, let Church lead off for a while and see how he handles it.  I'd really like to see this.

Not a bad idea to let Wilkerson take a break. Church has the potential to be the NL rookie of the year, and in my opinion wouldn't be too bad at the leadoff spot. I like the idea of Church, Wilson, and Guillen in the outfield.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
CHURCH GETS NO RESPECT.
« Reply #9: July 21, 2005, 12:59:29 PM »
Did you guys notice that Church rapped a double in the 9th off the same pitcher (Fuentes) that Frank thought it would be such a good idea to PH Carroll for 2 nights ago?    Church continues to hit lefties well this year.