Had a softball game and had to leave in the second, just got caught up (gotta love the DVR). Anyway, couple of thoughts.
- Stammen did a nice job settling down after that brutal first.
- Desmond did well on the short notice start.
- Bernadina had a great game defensively. Give him the RF job let him play every day regardless of the matchup.
- Storen was great in his debut, beauty of a pitch to strike out Holliday.
- Didn't like the move to bring in Capps, that's the same thing that beat the Mets the other day when they brought in Rodriguez. It's just different when you bring in your closer and your tied or behind. Those two runs completely changed the 9th.
All in all, they did a decent job of not letting the game get out of hand. Can't get off to a bad start tomorrow or it will be a long night. Oh, and Dunn, we need you healthy, big guy.