Author Topic: Charlie Manuel Makes an Ass of Himself...  (Read 830 times)

Offline Ph*ck Philly

Charlie Manuel Makes an Ass of Himself...
« Topic Start: May 12, 2010, 08:57:55 PM »
"Somebody maybe ought to check the Mets if they did that," Charlie Manuel said. "Their [bleeping] home record is out of this world and they're losing on the road. Sometimes that's a good indicator of getting signs and [crap]. I see somebody setting there at (14-7) at home and (4-8) on the road, I'd get concerned about that. That kind of crosses my mind.

"I'm not accusing them, but you look at that and -- damn. We're about the same home and road. I'm just saying their record is much better at home and they hit better."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5184584

Online Nathan

• Global Moderator
  • Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Charlie Manuel Makes an Ass of Himself...
« Reply #1: May 12, 2010, 09:00:58 PM »
What is this I don't even.

Online Nathan

• Global Moderator
  • Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #2: May 12, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
"We were not trying to steal signs," Manuel said of the allegations. "Would we try to steal somebody's signs? Yeah, if we can.

See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that.
[pause]
Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #5: May 13, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
Well didn't he deny anyone in the bullpen with binoculars at first then when shown the video he said that it was while Ruiz was out there and the bullpen coach was helping his defensive position :lmao:. The video clearly shows that it is the top of the 2nd and Miguel Olivio behind the plate. I know it happens in baseball but when someone is using binoculars or other means outside of a player at 2nd base than I think it's bush league.

« Reply #6: May 13, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »
The Phillies don't need their binoculars to see the Nats are closing in on their asses. The Mets, on the other hand, are going to need a rectal camera. Screw'em both.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #7: May 13, 2010, 11:43:44 AM »
The Nats just took the series from the Mets. Manuel is as dumb as he looks and sounds.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #8: May 13, 2010, 12:18:14 PM »
Manuel is as dumb as he looks and sounds.

It's one thing to make a judgment on what someone says but saying that he looks dumb should be out of bounds coming from you. 

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #9: May 13, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »
It's one thing to make a judgment on what someone says but saying that he looks dumb should be out of bounds coming from you. 

:crazy:

Online houston-nat

« Reply #10: May 13, 2010, 01:09:49 PM »
:crazy:

Perhaps he is referring to your alleged Bruneyesque facial hair?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #11: May 13, 2010, 01:14:33 PM »
Perhaps he is referring to your alleged Bruneyesque facial hair?

Nah, it's because he has a bee up his ass because I don't like people pre-judging others. Manuel looks like Charlie Manuel, Manuel is stupid, so he looks stupid. QED.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #12: May 24, 2010, 07:25:12 AM »
 So this is about the binoculars, and not about the player at 2nd Base senting signals to the hitter on his team, or the 3rd Base coach on his team, when he sees the catcher gives certain signals to the pitcher.....interesting, since this has been a common accusation in the past.
   As to the Mets not playing fair, by trying to see signals called by the other team.........gee what a novel concept...   :crackup:
       Look very closely the next time the Mets play at Nat Park, and if you sit close enough..........you just might see.....           :wtf:                                              :popcorn: