Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 3  (Read 26539 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 3
« Reply #625: May 07, 2010, 09:09:34 AM »
Yeah, thats what I assumed but what you pointed out got me worried.

I don't remember what team this year but a rookie hit a 2 run homer, his first homer of the year, and he got to the dugout and everyone ignored him for an inning. Then the next inning they jumped on him like they finally celebrated it. I understand thats a "freaking around" tactic but "not the first time" kind of gave me a weird vibe.
I remember seeing that but I can't recall who it was, when he got to the bench he just did a bunch of fake high fives as if players were there to greet him.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #626: May 07, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »
In his post game interview he seemed pretty upbeat and like he was having a good time, I think you're reading his response the wrong way or out of context.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #627: May 07, 2010, 11:42:59 AM »
I remember seeing that but I can't recall who it was, when he got to the bench he just did a bunch of fake high fives as if players were there to greet him.

Teams do that type of hazing all the time. The no celebration tactic is something even vets go through. It's all a big joke and actually brings the team closer together.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #628: May 07, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »
I hope Olsen knows the team believes in him, and gave him a fair deal. The Mock thing was bizarre, but whatever.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #629: May 07, 2010, 11:50:34 AM »
I hope Olsen knows the team believes in him, and gave him a fair deal. The Mock thing was bizarre, but whatever.

Yeah if he wasn't in the teams plans they would not have kept him around.

Offline Zoidberg

« Reply #630: May 07, 2010, 11:59:18 AM »
great win. i have some questions though.

1. what happened after clippard gave up that hit to heyward that drove in 2 runs with only 1 out?

2. why are there a lot of people sitting behind homeplate now?!?! its awesome to see but is it just a fluke???

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #631: May 07, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »
"You've got to tip your cap to the kid over there," Hudson said about Olsen. "He's got pretty good stuff, but let's be honest, I don't think he's got no-hit stuff. He was mixing things up pretty good and had us off-balance, and we couldn't do much against him for a while."

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100506&content_id=9848180&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

LOL, okay Hudson. Nice backhanded compliment.

Edit: Sorry, already a thread. Been busy this morning.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #632: May 07, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
Someone should photoshop a Scott Olsen is a better man than ASSCLOWN graphic.

After all, he is the #1 bum according to ASSCLOWN.

« Reply #633: May 07, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »
I Believe In Scott Olsen.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #634: May 07, 2010, 12:27:18 PM »
Someone should photoshop a Scott Olsen is a better man than ASSCLOWN graphic.

After all, he is the #1 bum according to ASSCLOWN.

hahahaha

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #635: May 07, 2010, 12:27:38 PM »
The entire comment from Hudson is not so bad. Hudson's bitter because the Braves haven't succeeded much since he arrived.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #636: May 07, 2010, 12:32:26 PM »
The entire comment from Hudson is not so bad. Hudson's bitter because the Braves haven't succeeded much since he arrived.

To the contrary, it is that bad, because the part about not having no-hit stuff was completely unnecessary.  He could've imparted the same opinion without it.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #637: May 07, 2010, 12:44:37 PM »
DeAngelo Hall threw out the first pitch last night :az:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #638: May 07, 2010, 12:54:53 PM »
To the contrary, it is that bad, because the part about not having no-hit stuff was completely unnecessary.  He could've imparted the same opinion without it.

Dibble this morning said that he thought it was more a testimony to the Braves' hitting ability than to Olsen's dominance.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #639: May 07, 2010, 01:09:11 PM »
Dibble this morning said that he thought it was more a testimony to the Braves' hitting ability than to Olsen's dominance.

What's that got to do with what I said?  It was a jerk remark regardless of whether he's right or not.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #640: May 07, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »
What's that got to do with what I said?  It was a jerk remark regardless of whether he's right or not.

I don't disagree with you at all.  I was very surprised to hear Dibble make his comments this morning, though.  It seems everyone is pointing the finger at the Braves lineup, including Hudson, which isn't exactly fair to Scotty.  It needs to be pointed out that he was merely continuing an extended streak of excellence that began against the Dodgers, continued vs a very solid Marlins lineup, and continued for more than 7 innings against the Braves.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #641: May 07, 2010, 01:27:37 PM »

Yes, but it was in the middle of a larger statement, and to isolate the jerky part isn't entirely fair.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #642: May 07, 2010, 01:30:41 PM »
Yes, but it was in the middle of a larger statement, and to isolate the jerky part isn't entirely fair.

True.

I don't disagree with you at all.  I was very surprised to hear Dibble make his comments this morning, though.  It seems everyone is pointing the finger at the Braves lineup, including Hudson, which isn't exactly fair to Scotty.  It needs to be pointed out that he was merely continuing an extended streak of excellence that began against the Dodgers, continued vs a very solid Marlins lineup, and continued for more than 7 innings against the Braves.

Seems a lot of people aren't sold on Olsen.

Offline imref

« Reply #643: May 07, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »
DeAngelo Hall threw out the first pitch last night :az:

Eh, I'll be excited when Deandre Cole throws out the first pitch.

Offline RL04

« Reply #644: May 07, 2010, 02:03:52 PM »
"Not the first time they've ignored me and it won't be the last," he said. "Whatever."

Yeah, that is a very odd thing to say.

I noticed the ignoring but I, like everyone else, assumed it was the not jinxing a no-hitter thing.

I hope that quote gets explained at some point.

Offline imref

« Reply #645: May 07, 2010, 02:04:32 PM »
Yeah, that is a very odd thing to say.

I noticed the ignoring but I, like everyone else, assumed it was the not jinxing a no-hitter thing.

I hope that quote gets explained at some point.

he was kidding guys.