Author Topic: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 1  (Read 24983 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 1
« Reply #775: April 26, 2010, 11:53:18 PM »
That's not true. He blew the AFL All-Star game.

STINT, you donk. :hammer: Not single game.

Offline PC

« Reply #776: April 26, 2010, 11:53:58 PM »
Instead of trying to cut and paste from baseball-reference:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=storen001dre

...and he is having a very good year.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #777: April 26, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »
Instead of trying to cut and paste from baseball-reference:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=storen001dre

...and he is having a very good year.

Storen is the Zimmerman of relief prospects.

Offline PC

« Reply #778: April 27, 2010, 12:10:38 AM »
She has some of the most uncomfortable interviews I have ever seen and it isn't because she is asking hard questions.

http://www.masnsports.com/index_medialounge.php?show_id=298155&p=

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #779: April 27, 2010, 12:16:41 AM »
http://www.masnsports.com/index_medialounge.php?show_id=298155&p=

When I clicked on this link, I noticed something that kind of pissed me off.  In the upper corner there is this link for "The Royle Rundown" and the girl pictured on the link is hot.  Well, I clicked on it and it said this "After spending the last few years covering the Yankees for MLB.com and the YES Network, Jen Royle joins MASNsports.com as a National Baseball Correspondent."  Why haven't I seen this girl before?  And more importantly, why can't she take over DT's job!?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #780: April 27, 2010, 12:17:32 AM »
When I clicked on this link, I noticed something that kind of pissed me off.  In the upper corner there is this link for "The Royle Rundown" and the girl pictured on the link is hot.  Well, I clicked on it and it said this "After spending the last few years covering the Yankees for MLB.com and the YES Network, Jen Royle joins MASNsports.com as a National Baseball Correspondent."  Why haven't I seen this girl before?  And more importantly, why can't she take over DT's job!?

Ohh crap. Thats exactly what I noticed when I clicked the link :rofl:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #781: April 27, 2010, 12:19:22 AM »

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #782: April 27, 2010, 12:21:41 AM »
Wha...what are you asking about?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #783: April 27, 2010, 12:48:16 AM »
Zuckerman on the bullpen:

The answer, actually, may currently be sleeping in a hotel room in Reading, Pa.

Drew Storen continues to dominate the minor leagues. He's allowed only one run in 7 1/3 innings for Class AA Harrisburg, a continuation of his dominance from last season. In 34 games now as a professional pitcher, Storen owns a 1.83 ERA, is allowing less than five hits per nine innings and has a strikeout-to-walk ratio of 57-to-9. Yes, 57 strikeouts to nine walks in 44 1/3 minor-league innings.

You think Storen's going to walk in the winning run with the bases loaded in the 10th?

Problem is, the Nationals have been planning to wait to promote the first-round draft pick until late-May or early-June, thus delaying his arbitration and free-agent clocks, much as they're doing with Stephen Strasburg.

But can this team afford to wait around for bullpen help? Can it continue to rely on guys like Bruney to pitch in key situations in hostile environments?

If the Nationals are serious about turning this surprisingly competitive start into something more, they may have to rethink their long-term plan in the interest of short-term success.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #784: April 27, 2010, 12:52:23 AM »
You guys are right, for some reason I had looked at Hagerstown in 09 (been a long night), bring him up!

Offline PC

« Reply #785: April 27, 2010, 01:06:49 AM »
But Bruney is the guy who's supposed to be counted upon in these situations. The Nationals acquired the 28-year-old right-hander from the Yankees in December and then paid him $1.5 million to be their primary setup man. So what have they received so far for their investment? 10 shaky relief appearances that have resulted in six earned runs and 19 baserunners in 9 2/3 innings. An astounding 12 of those batters have reached base via walk.

I didn't realize he'd been THAT bad!  >:(

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #786: April 27, 2010, 01:41:07 AM »
"An astounding 12 of those batters have reached base via walk."

That makes me wonder if the privileged information was that he's history if he walks that winning run in.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #787: April 27, 2010, 02:20:01 AM »
"An astounding 12 of those batters have reached base via walk."

That makes me wonder if the privileged information was that he's history if he walks that winning run in.

That makes me wonder why guys like ASSCLOWN think it's more important to get a "winner" instead of noticing that this is exactly the same crap Bruney did in NY and is the reason they had no problem moving him here for absolutely nothing in return.  Bad control pitchers are bad pitchers.  Bruney is a very bad control pitcher.  His BB/9 ratio has been under 6 once.  That's pathetic.  He is what he is and that's simply not good enough.

EDIT:  While talking about the pen options, I'd say that Bruney shouldn't make it out of the month of May if there isn't significant improvement.  Other than Storen, we've got a few guys at AAA pitching well enough to come up and get a shot.  Brown, Slaten, Zinicola and Wilkie all deserve monitoring with a potential shot waiting if Bruney, Batista or Walker wear out their welcome.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #788: April 27, 2010, 08:50:46 AM »
Well I turned off the game last night after Bruney's terrible performance and thought I'd cool off a bit and post in the morning. Looks like you guys covered everything, Bruney has control issues which we already knew, Guzman has gone from solar hot to ice cold and his range is still limited at 2nd, and we need Storen and Strasburg up here yesterday.