Author Topic: Most disgusting Phillies fan behavior  (Read 36513 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Most disgusting Phillies fan behavior
« Reply #325: May 04, 2010, 09:46:57 AM »
I know I'm late with this post but....is MLB encouraging people to through baseballs back on the field after a home run?  or only if babies are involved?

In Cubbieville, you are applauded if you throw an opponent's home run ball back onto the field, but arrested if you throw a Cubbie homer back.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #326: May 04, 2010, 09:51:34 AM »
Awesome! One time at the CWS there was a fan that started I think in the RF bleachers and he ran all the way across the warning track and made his way down the 3rd base line where he was eventually crushed by security at home plate during the 2003 CWS. What a fun moment to see live!
I was there for that one too! 

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #327: May 04, 2010, 10:11:18 AM »
I was there for that one too! 

You're not planning on being in DC for the 30 July - 1 August homestand, are you...because you seem to have this effect.....

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #328: May 04, 2010, 10:22:37 AM »
There's a chance I could be in Dulles on a layover around that time, but sadly, baseball won't be part of the equation.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #329: May 04, 2010, 10:25:14 AM »
Or if you are Steve Bartman, tarred and feathered and run out of town with your underpants on your head for trying to beat Alou to a fly ball. 

In Cubbieville, you are applauded if you throw an opponent's home run ball back onto the field, but arrested if you throw a Cubbie homer back.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #330: May 04, 2010, 12:38:51 PM »
Don't they kick you out of Nats Park if you throw a ball back in play.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #331: May 04, 2010, 12:41:19 PM »
I thought they kicked you out if you actually cheered for the Nats.

That's why so many fans show up as opposing fans... right?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #332: May 05, 2010, 02:50:24 PM »
I'm trying to remember... wasn't there an incident like this once, maybe as far back as the 70s, where one of the outfielders "handled" it themselves?

Rick Monday?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #333: May 05, 2010, 02:51:02 PM »
I'm trying to remember... wasn't there an incident like this once, maybe as far back as the 70s, where one of the outfielders "handled" it themselves?

There was an incident where two guys tried to burn the American flag on the field and one of the players swiped the flag right before they could burn it.

Offline blue911

« Reply #334: May 05, 2010, 02:51:19 PM »

Do you mean Rick Monday on July 4, 1976 and the flag burning incident?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #337: May 05, 2010, 03:00:53 PM »
I thought I remember a fan getting walloped pretty good by a ballplayer.

Do you mean Rick Monday on July 4, 1976 and the flag burning incident?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #338: May 05, 2010, 03:01:44 PM »
I thought I remember a fan getting walloped pretty good by a ballplayer.
There was that dad and his kid that got pummelled by the White Sox and Royals when they attacked the Royals first base coach.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #339: May 05, 2010, 03:05:40 PM »
There was that dad and his kid that got pummelled by the White Sox and Royals when they attacked the Royals first base coach.
Here it is about a minute into the video.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #340: May 05, 2010, 03:13:48 PM »
Willie Harris was playing 1st base at the time when Gamboa was attacked :shock:

From the article... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/news/2002/09/19/royals_whitesox_ap/
Gamboa said he doesn't blame White Sox security for the incident. And he doesn't fault first-base umpire Matt Hollowell or White Sox second baseman Willie Harris for not immediately coming to his aid.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #341: May 06, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »
I received a phone call today from a David McElwee, Director of Ticket Sales with the Nats. He said he was calling in response to my e-mail to kasten about Opening Day. We discussed my experiences that day, and he said they are taking some steps to see that this doesn't happen again, without totally changing their business practices. In essence, they may cut off group sales at some point, see that local sales don't take a back seat to out-of-town group sales, breaking up out-of-town seat locations so there won't be instances of sections being mAJORITY pHILLIES FANS, ETC. i TOLD HIM WE WERE AN EMBARASSMENT NATIONALLY AS our oPENING dAY CHANTS COULDN'T BE HEARD OVER THE pHILTHIES FANS. tHIS BROUGHT UP THE FACT THAT IF IT WASN'T PHILADELPHIA FANS, THE OUTCOME WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO CRASS AND TERRIBLE.
nICE TO GET THE CALL. dID ANYONE ELSE HEAR FROM THE nATS?

Sorry- having a beer or 2 so thtyping isn't great.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #342: May 07, 2010, 07:55:45 AM »
I received a phone call today from a David McElwee, Director of Ticket Sales with the Nats. He said he was calling in response to my e-mail to kasten about Opening Day. We discussed my experiences that day, and he said they are taking some steps to see that this doesn't happen again, without totally changing their business practices. In essence, they may cut off group sales at some point, see that local sales don't take a back seat to out-of-town group sales, breaking up out-of-town seat locations so there won't be instances of sections being mAJORITY pHILLIES FANS, ETC. i TOLD HIM WE WERE AN EMBARASSMENT NATIONALLY AS our oPENING dAY CHANTS COULDN'T BE HEARD OVER THE pHILTHIES FANS. tHIS BROUGHT UP THE FACT THAT IF IT WASN'T PHILADELPHIA FANS, THE OUTCOME WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO CRASS AND TERRIBLE.
nICE TO GET THE CALL. dID ANYONE ELSE HEAR FROM THE nATS?

Sorry- having a beer or 2 so thtyping isn't great.

It's nice that they actually call instead of a form letter. I feel sorry for the guy who probably just gets screamed at with half the calls he makes

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #343: May 07, 2010, 09:00:05 AM »
It's nice that they actually call instead of a form letter. I feel sorry for the guy who probably just gets screamed at with half the calls he makes

They waited long enough and the team is playing well, I think I could actually talk rationally if they were to call me at this stage.
That could change, especially since we have the Fillies in town on Nyjer Morgan booblehead day.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #344: May 07, 2010, 09:48:23 AM »
dID ANYONE ELSE HEAR FROM THE nATS?

No. I only have a Sunday plan so I probably don't spend enough money for them to care about my experiences.

It is nice to hear that they reached out to you, though.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #345: May 07, 2010, 11:30:44 PM »
They waited long enough and the team is playing well, I think I could actually talk rationally if they were to call me at this stage.
That could change, especially since we have the Fillies in town on Nyjer Morgan booblehead day.

...and also (as noted previously) for our final T-Shirt Tuesday (in the final homestand).

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #346: May 08, 2010, 12:47:08 PM »
No. I only have a Sunday plan so I probably don't spend enough money for them to care about my experiences.

It is nice to hear that they reached out to you, though.

Salty was just the first to email - he went along with Powerboater, doesn't have a plan, I don't think.

I'll wait a few days to hear back and then I'll send a paper letter to Mark Lerner.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #347: May 08, 2010, 04:35:28 PM »
Indeed, I have no ticket plan. My "plan" is to accept friends' generosity when offered   ;), and to try to afford 4-5 games a season. At least one is always with my son when Shawn visits from NY in the summer. When he attends we always win!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #348: May 25, 2010, 12:42:25 PM »
Puking Phillies fan pleads guilty, will probably only get probation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5218267

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #349: May 25, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »
I doubt he'll even lose his Domino's pizza delivery job.  His mom might make him do his own laundry for a while though. 

Puking Phillies fan pleads guilty, will probably only get probation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5218267