Author Topic: Most disgusting Phillies fan behavior  (Read 36431 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: Most disgusting Phillies fan behavior
« Reply #225: April 09, 2010, 09:22:53 AM »
ask philly fans how many super bowls their beloved eagles have?

In fact, this coming Boxing Day (26th December) will also be the 50th anniversary of the Philadelphia Eagles defeating the Green Bay Packers 17-13 at Franklin Field to win their third NFL Championship*...their last to this day.

*this was six seasons before the first Super Bowl season.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #226: April 09, 2010, 09:26:09 AM »
Philly fans have always had that reputation, you just normally have to go to Philly to have it unavoidably shoved in your face.  When a team does well, their fanbase travels more strongly, and carries more bandwagon jumpers (who also tend to have a higher % of scumbags, in my opinion)

If you don't believe me, feel free to google "Philly Santa Claus"

Or I can just save you the trouble - http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/santa/philadelphia.asp

Not only Santa Claus, but also the national anthem. I was at a pre-season match between the Eagles and Steelers at the Vet in 1981, and the anthem singer that day was Barbara Mason, who had had a couple of hit singles some years prior ('Yes I'm Ready' in 1965, 'Give Me Your Love' seven years later)...her voice cracked on the high notes in 'rockets' red glare' and the crowd promptly erupted into boos.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #227: April 09, 2010, 09:34:42 AM »
Got some gems from my coworker who went to game two. 40 year old dads with ridiculous New Era hats trying to get in a brawl in front of their kids.

Nice.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #228: April 09, 2010, 10:09:59 AM »
Got some gems from my coworker who went to game two. 40 year old dads with ridiculous New Era hats trying to get in a brawl in front of their kids.

Nice.

Section 143 last night

Fillie phan and his date sitting in front of a group of about 20 Nats fans - all teen girls, all in Morgan Jersey's they'd come down for the last coupla innings and were trying to get Nyjer's attention. Nyjer pays attention to his fans in the stands, especially when he comes out for the start of the inning and finishes playing catch with Hammer. Nyjer tosses a ball up - difficult toss and he has to get it over the Fillies phan - doesn't make it.  Fillies phan gets it ....and tosses it back on the field - what kind of baseball fan wouldn't turn around to young fans who are OBVIOUSLY just there to have fun at a game and say - here ya go, souvenir of the game enjoy, glad your having fun - nope tossed it back on to the field - this was not a Home Run shot, this was a toss up to a fan....

OK, here's what REALLY gets my goat, because it makes it pretty obvious that the Baseball TEAM known as the Fillies encourages crappity behavior.  Bottom of the same inning, Fillies take the field for warm ups, their Centerfielder (what's his name Lame something??? don't know, all the Fillies phans kept calling him "you sux") he finishes his warm up tosses and throws up to the same fillie phan who had thrown Nyjer's toss back....

Why does this seem like the deliberate encouragement of poor behavior by your phans?

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #229: April 09, 2010, 10:27:12 AM »
Section 143 last night

Fillie phan and his date sitting in front of a group of about 20 Nats fans - all teen girls, all in Morgan Jersey's they'd come down for the last coupla innings and were trying to get Nyjer's attention. Nyjer pays attention to his fans in the stands, especially when he comes out for the start of the inning and finishes playing catch with Hammer. Nyjer tosses a ball up - difficult toss and he has to get it over the Fillies phan - doesn't make it.  Fillies phan gets it ....and tosses it back on the field - what kind of baseball fan wouldn't turn around to young fans who are OBVIOUSLY just there to have fun at a game and say - here ya go, souvenir of the game enjoy, glad your having fun - nope tossed it back on to the field - this was not a Home Run shot, this was a toss up to a fan....

OK, here's what REALLY gets my goat, because it makes it pretty obvious that the Baseball TEAM known as the Fillies encourages crappity behavior.  Bottom of the same inning, Fillies take the field for warm ups, their Centerfielder (what's his name Lame something??? don't know, all the Fillies phans kept calling him "you sux") he finishes his warm up tosses and throws up to the same fillie phan who had thrown Nyjer's toss back....

Why does this seem like the deliberate encouragement of poor behavior by your phans?

Nyjer should've thrown a laser off that dudes face

Offline Galah

« Reply #230: April 09, 2010, 11:05:23 AM »
Nyjer should've thrown a laser off that dudes face

He might want to, but he wouldn't, he's got too much class.  Nyjer picked it up and tossed it up into section 100, a group of Nats Faithful made sure that it went to a Nats fan.

(Nyjer was sure enjoying the fact that he had 'groupies' - LOL)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #231: April 09, 2010, 11:11:01 AM »
Philly fans are booing when he throws the ball to first

:lmao: Someone quoted another loser saying that Nats fans probably don't understand what a pickoff is.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #232: April 09, 2010, 06:32:38 PM »
Last night wasn't nearly as bad as Monday.  But we talked with our usher about Monday - she said it was a horrible day with some of the stuff they Phillies fans pulled.  Just dumb stuff, like throwing a beer bottle into toilets to back them up, including in the family restrooms!  She also said that at the end of the game one Philly fan in the lower deck went around kicking the cup holders off the backs of the seats and throwing them on the field.  She said his butt got arrested fast, so at least someone got arrested.

So, let's see - the FO invited Phillies fans to overtake the ballpark, shutting out local Nats fans, ruining much of the fun of OD for the Nats fans who did manage to get tickets, undermining our players, putting a horrible strain on their front line employees, and having to do repairs to the ballpark after those invited guests trashed the place. 

Everyone can make mistakes, and this was a big one.  I just want to hear the front office admit it was a mistake, apologize to Nats fans, and tell us what they're going to change so that this never ever happens again.  I'm worried when the only reaction I'm hearing from the FO is that all is well and it was a great idea to do this. 
Again, the Nationals FO just needs to grow a pair and crack down. I listed it earlier in the thread; when LSU fans come to Arkansas football and baseball games, we crack down majorly and pretty much target them to be overly policed and dealt with.

Still, I doubt the Nats front office dows anything about it. As much as we complain about Dan Snyder, I bet that guy wouldn't put up with that sh*t.

Offline Galah

« Reply #233: April 11, 2010, 09:43:48 PM »
I was just thinking we could close this thread but then...we start a series against these bums tomorrow, don't we.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #234: April 12, 2010, 08:36:58 AM »
Unrelated talk split off to the loft - http://www.wnff.net/index.php/topic,17218.0.html

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #235: April 12, 2010, 09:13:57 AM »
I was just thinking we could close this thread but then...we start a series against these bums tomorrow, don't we.

Yeah. I'm so looking forward to our series with the Brewers.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #236: April 12, 2010, 11:38:58 AM »
I know everyone on here tried to explain how bad it was, but the pictures make it so much worse. That is freaking humiliating and absolutely crappy on the part of the Washington Nationals organization. They screwed the pooch on this one. That or National fans suck like it seems Kasten tried to say.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #237: April 15, 2010, 10:11:22 PM »
Here's a story of disgusting behavior by a Phillies phan.  And I'm not exaggerating one bit.

http://cbs3.com/local/Philadelphia.Phillies.Matthew.2.1636036.html

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3)   Click to enlarge1 of 1
Police arrested a Cherry Hill man after he was accused of intentionally vomiting on a young girl at the Phillies game Wednesday evening.

The young girl's father, trying to give his daughters an unforgettable night at the ballpark, ended up getting a memory he wishes he could forget.

Captain Michael Vangelo with the Easton Police Department was off-duty when he took his 11 and 15-year-old daughters to the Phillies game Wednesday night.

"When I say disgusting, there was not only insults and vulgarities directed at us, but also beer was thrown at us," Vangelo told CBS 3.

Unfortunately, the evening only got worse.

"I actually heard the individual behind me say, 'I'm gonna get sick', then I couldn't believe what I saw. He actually had his fingers down his mouth and into his throat to make himself vomit. He vomited and lurched forward and it was hitting my daughter," Vangelo explained.

Police identified that individual as 21-year-old Matthew Clemmens from Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

According to Vangelo, Clemmens and friends were sitting behind them and appeared to be drunk. One of them was even thrown out of the game earlier for unruly behavior. The vomiting upset and scared Vangelo's 11-year-old daughter.

"She was crying and that's difficult to see as a dad," Vangelo said.

So Vangelo stepped in and with help from fellow fans, held Clemmens down until police arrived. The Vangelos thought the night had been completely ruined.

"But a great fan caught a ball and he gave it to my daughter. She slept with the ball last night and when I woke her up this morning for school, the ball was still in her hand," Vangelo explained.

As of Thursday, Clemmens remained behind bars waiting to be arraigned on charges of simple assault, aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, harassment, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #238: April 15, 2010, 10:22:38 PM »
Cute kid, huh? Sleeping with the ball. (trying to find something positive to take away)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #239: April 15, 2010, 10:47:06 PM »
Philadelphia sucks.

Offline PANatsFan

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #241: April 16, 2010, 06:25:34 AM »
LOL, freak the bullpen also.

Offline Galah

« Reply #242: April 16, 2010, 08:25:10 AM »
This probably doesn't belong in THIS thread, but when I saw it, I wanted to post it somewhere.

Zuckerman posted in his blog during the game yesterday:

6:26 p.m. -- Not only did Pudge Rodriguez just drive home two big insurance runs with a base hit to left, but a big section of Nats supporters in the upper deck down the third-base line went nuts. NatsTown has invaded Philly! Nats lead 7-4 now, still in the ninth.

Sweet, and I bet we didn't leave any bodily fluids on the lawn or people sitting around us.
(it's a verbatum quote or I would have corrected his spelling of Filly)

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
« Reply #243: April 16, 2010, 08:34:10 AM »
Here's a story of disgusting behavior by a Phillies phan.  And I'm not exaggerating one bit.

http://cbs3.com/local/Philadelphia.Phillies.Matthew.2.1636036.html

I hope he sues the crap out of him and ruins that guys life.  That's horrible.  I'm sure he could get something for having someone evacuate bodily fluids on his daughter.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #244: April 16, 2010, 08:35:37 AM »
I've decided that I will be eating beforehand and taking water bottles to any games I attend for the rest of the year.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #245: April 16, 2010, 08:41:02 AM »
I hope he sues the crap out of him and ruins that guys life.  That's horrible.  I'm sure he could get something for having someone evacuate bodily fluids on his daughter.

Ya that's a big time offense and will earn him some serious time. That cop showed some restraint because I would have beat the crap out of that kid if he puked on my daughter. Fortunately for him he did the right think and that bastard will get what's coming to him.

Offline blue911

« Reply #246: April 16, 2010, 08:46:39 AM »
Where was the ballpark security? It seems like common sense that you would keep a close eye on a crowd of young men when you had already ousted one of their group.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #247: April 16, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »
+1.  Make the SOB get every darn test for every contagious disease to - Rabies, AIDS, hepatitis.  Draw every once of his blood. Hell, tissue sample him.  Prick him.

[As George Carlin said, it's ok to say "prick your finger" but . . .]

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #248: April 16, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »
I've decided that I will be eating beforehand and taking water bottles to any games I attend for the rest of the year.

You can bring a lunch too, single servings in plastic baggies.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #249: April 16, 2010, 09:56:17 AM »
+1.  Make the SOB get every darn test for every contagious disease to - Rabies, AIDS, hepatitis.  Draw every once of his blood. Hell, tissue sample him.  Prick him.

[As George Carlin said, it's ok to say "prick your finger" but . . .]

I'm all for the rabies test that requires animals to be put down first. What the hell was he thinking, even at my most blacked out, I don't think vomiting on an eleven year old would seem like a good idea.