Author Topic: 2010 DIBBLES and BEACHBALLS standings  (Read 22281 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: 2010 DIBBLES and BEACHBALLS standings
« Reply #75: April 10, 2010, 05:00:14 PM »
He was just flat out terrible at the plate. 0-3 with 2 strike outs.

Yeah, our top 4 were all bad, right?  0-16.  Guess we expect better of Zimmerman.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #76: April 10, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
I could always go with the Top 4 for a Beachball.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #77: April 10, 2010, 05:01:04 PM »
Plus Zimmerman was bad on the field. He bobbled 2 balls and one of those should have been an error.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #78: April 10, 2010, 05:02:19 PM »
I could always go with the Top 4 for a Beachball.

Dunn did get a walk, and scored a run as a result of the walk.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #79: April 10, 2010, 11:51:54 PM »
* Brief intro - Dibbles and Beachballs is my way of providing the WNFF reader a quick summary of what happened in the game. I plan to run this for all 162 games and will be keeping stats so I can reward, and uh, punish those that end up with the most DIBBLES and BEACHBALLS! Dibbles are for positive things, like Rob Dibble and his awesome commentary. Beachballs are for players and management who prove to be, lets just say, less than adequate.

Now onto Game 5!

Nationals 4
Mets 3

Box Score: http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=300410121&teams=washington-nationals-vs-new-york-mets

:dibbs: DIBBLES  :dibbs:

Tyler Clippard - Smoke! What a dominating performance from Clippard today. 3 IP, 7 K's 0 Runs.... sheer dominance.

Willy Taveras - For one day, 'Mr. T' raked. 2-4 with all 4 RBI's, Willy made enough of an impression on Riggs to most likely secure another day in the lineup.

Willie Harris - As we all know, Willie has the Mets talkin to themselves. After ripping out their hearts in 2008 with a great catch; Harris does it again with a diving catch to save the game for The Mad Capper, Matt Capps.

:bball: BEACHBALLS :bball:

Cristian Guzman - There's the Guzman we all love to hate. 0-4 at the dish and one spectacularly bad play at second base denied Tyler Clippard a chance at a perfect 3 innings pitched. Doesn't get much worse than that.

1-3 in the Nats lineup- Yes, this includes Guzman, but the 1-3 in the lineup went 0-12, 0-13 if you include Willie Harris. Pudge, Desmond and Willingham have pretty much been the only offense the team has had this year... if the team wants to win, they need to get some offense from the table setters.

Derryl Cousins - What a horrible game for Mr. Cousins. Strikes were called balls, balls were called strikes... he even called strike three on a second strike. Thankfully Cousins will not be behind the plate tomorrow.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #80: April 10, 2010, 11:53:49 PM »
Thru Game 5 of 162

:dibbs: DIBBLES  :dibbs:

Willie Harris - 2
Cristian Guzman - 1
Ian Desmond - 1
Ivan Rodriguez - 1
Jesse English - 1
Josh Willingham – 1
Matt Capps - 1
Nats of the LivingDead - 1
Nyjer Morgan - 1
Tyler Clippard - 1
Tyler Walker – 1
Willy Taveras - 1

:bball: BEACHBALLS  :bball:

Jim Riggleman - 3
Cristian Guzman - 1
Derryl Cousins - 1
Garrett Mock - 1
Jason Bergmann - 1
Jason Marquis - 1
John Lannan - 1
Miguel Batista – 1
Nyjer Morgan - 1
Sean Burnett - 1
Stan Kasten – 1
Tyler Walker - 1
Wil Nieves – 1
1-3 in the Nats lineup - 1

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #81: April 12, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »
I missed half the game doing hard stuff, didn't see him screw anything up when I was watching.

Didn't we tell you to leave the hard stuff alone?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #82: April 12, 2010, 11:23:26 AM »
* Brief intro - Dibbles and Beachballs is my way of providing the WNFF reader a quick summary of what happened in the game. I plan to run this for all 162 games and will be keeping stats so I can reward, and uh, punish those that end up with the most DIBBLES and BEACHBALLS! Dibbles are for positive things, like Rob Dibble and his awesome commentary. Beachballs are for players and management who prove to be, lets just say, less than adequate.

Now onto Game 6!

Nationals 5
Mets 2

Box Score: http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=300411121&teams=washington-nationals-vs-new-york-mets

Livan Hernandez - Where did this come from?!? Amazing performance from the ageless wonder. Hopefully we'll see more of these and less of his 3 IP, 6 ER type starts.

Josh Willingham - The Hammer! For the second game in a row, one National collected all of the teams RBI's. With one swing in the first inning, Willingham put the Nats up 4-0 on Johan Santana! It's great to see Josh hitting the ball with authority when Zimm and Dunn are not.

Nyjer Morgan - Nyjer went 2-4 with a triple and played some excellent defense in Center Field. Nice work Tony Plush.

Brian Bruney - Outside of Bruney, the Nationals pitched great. Bruney, on the other hand was terrible going 2/3 an inning while giving up 2 hits (1 HR) a walk and 2 runs scored.

Francisco Rodriguez - What the hell was this guy thinking? Willie Harris was just hit by a pitch and expressed his displeasure by cussing... but he never cussed at Rodriguez, he simply took the HBP and headed up the first base line. KROD, for some reason, exploded and tried to pick a fight with Wolly. Thankfully, for KROD, cooler heads prevailed and an ass whooping was adverted.

Wil Nieves - 0-4 at the plate and he also caused Dunn to be thrown out at the plate as he gave him no indication as to whether or not he needed to slide on the sac fly attempt. Bad day for the backup catcher.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #83: April 12, 2010, 11:24:50 AM »
Thru Game 6 of 162

Josh Willingham – 2
Nyjer Morgan - 2
Willie Harris - 2
Cristian Guzman - 1
Ian Desmond - 1
Ivan Rodriguez - 1
Jesse English - 1
Livan Hernandez - 1
Matt Capps - 1
Nats of the LivingDead - 1
Tyler Clippard - 1
Tyler Walker – 1
Willy Taveras - 1

:bball: BEACHBALLS  :bball:

Jim Riggleman - 3
Wil Nieves – 2
Brian Bruney - 1
Cristian Guzman - 1
Derryl Cousins - 1
Francisco Rodriguez - 1
Garrett Mock - 1
Jason Bergmann - 1
Jason Marquis - 1
John Lannan - 1
Miguel Batista – 1
Nyjer Morgan - 1
Sean Burnett - 1
Stan Kasten – 1
Tyler Walker - 1
1-3 in the Nats lineup - 1

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #84: April 12, 2010, 11:27:17 AM »
I think Tyler Clippard earned a double dibble on Sat. for his robotic assassin performance. If you want to give him one for hitting and one for fielding, I'll take that too.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #85: April 12, 2010, 11:51:58 AM »
Maybe it was only one out, but JB threw one hell of an out with players in scoring position. On Sunday, I mean. Game 6.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #86: April 12, 2010, 12:12:26 PM »
Didn't we tell you to leave the hard stuff alone?

Obviously, I haven't hit rock bottom quite yet.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #87: April 12, 2010, 12:24:18 PM »
I think Capps should get a dibble for recording his first 1-2-3 save.

« Reply #88: April 12, 2010, 12:37:13 PM »
I think Capps should get a dibble for recording his first 1-2-3 save.

I agree. That was a huge rebound from his previous save. There was no suspense or thrills, just a hard, raw, dominating pitching performance. That is how he should come out every time he is called on.

Plus seeing that big buffalo pump his fist and get jacked always gets the adrenaline going.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #89: April 12, 2010, 12:49:30 PM »
I agree. That was a huge rebound from his previous save. There was no suspense or thrills, just a hard, raw, dominating pitching performance. That is how he should come out every time he is called on.

Plus seeing that big buffalo pump his fist and get jacked always gets the adrenaline going.
Absolute steal

Capps >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cordero

I didn't realize he had that kind of stuff, since he played for Pittsburgh. I'd love a combo of Storen and Capps. We could go from the worst pen, to the best by next season if all cards fall into place.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #90: April 12, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »
Absolute steal

Capps >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cordero

I didn't realize he had that kind of stuff, since he played for Pittsburgh. I'd love a combo of Storen and Capps. We could go from the worst pen, to the best by next season if all cards fall into place.
If those two are all they're craked up to be, that's where a guy like MacDougal could have a spot and really make the bullpen tough. He'd be great for a deep pen, but when it's still a bit shallow like it is right now, not so much.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #91: April 12, 2010, 12:59:37 PM »
If those two are all they're craked up to be, that's where a guy like MacDougal could have a spot and really make the bullpen tough. He'd be great for a deep pen, but when it's still a bit shallow like it is right now, not so much.
We have Clippard, Burnett, and Bruney. Throw out Batista, Bergmann, and Walker and you have a solid pen now. I think keeping one of those 3 around can't hurt in mop up situations. It's amazing what Rizzo has accomplished in his short tenure. The jury is still out on Marquis, hopefully he has a bounce back performance today, but he is pitching against the Philthies again.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #92: April 12, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »
We have Clippard, Burnett, and Bruney. Throw out Batista, Bergmann, and Walker and you have a solid pen now. I think keeping one of those 3 around can't hurt in mop up situations. It's amazing what Rizzo has accomplished in his short tenure. The jury is still out on Marquis, hopefully he has a bounce back performance today, but he is pitching against the Philthies again.
I think this could be a really lights out bullpen

Clip
Burnett
Bruney
Stammen
Martin/Mock or someone like this or another lefty like Chico or Thompson
MacDougal
Storen
Capps

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #93: April 12, 2010, 01:12:06 PM »
Walker is a seasoned pitcher. Keep him.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #94: April 12, 2010, 01:48:55 PM »

Clip
Burnett
Bruney
Stammen
MacDougal
Storen
Capps
What do you think of English so far? He had an awesome spring.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #95: April 12, 2010, 01:58:47 PM »

Clip
Burnett
Bruney
Stammen
MacDougal
Storen
Capps
Take out Martin/Mock and add in a decent lefty we find by trade, waivers, or FA and that bullpen is pretty much top of the line. Very impressive for anyone, great for a rebuilding teams like the Nationals.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #96: April 12, 2010, 02:03:13 PM »
What do you think of English so far? He had an awesome spring.
He's been fine.  Forgot about him actually.  I think I'd like that guy I had on the Martin/Mock/Chico/Thompson line to be 1. a lefty and 2. able to go a medium-long relief guy on occasion.  So, it might be a spot he or Chico or Thompson could find themselves at some point, IMO.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #97: April 12, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »

Now onto Game 7!

Phillies 7
Nationals 4

Box Score: http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=300412122&teams=washington-nationals-vs-philadelphia-phillies

Josh Willingham - Lately, Hammer has been the offense. Today he homered off Cole Hamels to give the Nats a quick 1-0 lead. While the team couldn't hold the lead, Hammer did his part.

Jim Riggleman - Riggs showed some legit fire today. I liked it. Manny Acta would have most likely sat back and took the umpire abuse. I'm hoping by Riggs not taking any crap, umpires will realize its a different team this year.

Jason Marquis - Not sure what to make out of things for Marquis. Yes, the ump squeezed him, but, for the second straight start, Marquis was roasted in the 5th inning. 7 runs (6 earned) is not going to cut it.

Willy Taveras - 0-4. After starting off 2-2 against Oliver Perez, Taveras has gone 0-10 and has provided nothing in the #2 spot. Most would call his recent performance, "water finding its level".

John McLaren - John makes his first appearance in Dibbles and Beachballs due to his decision to bat Alberto Gonzalez with two men on and a right hander on the mound. This at-bat would be the last chance the Nats had at tying the game. Of course, Gonzalez got to bat, and not surprisingly made the third out of the inning and killed any chance the Nats had at clawing their way back into the game.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #98: April 12, 2010, 07:43:07 PM »
Thru Game 7 of 162

:dibbs: DIBBLES  :dibbs:

Josh Willingham – 3
Nyjer Morgan - 2
Willie Harris - 2
Cristian Guzman - 1
Ian Desmond - 1
Ivan Rodriguez - 1