Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1 (L)  (Read 18296 times)

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1 (L)
« Reply #300: August 08, 2006, 09:50:42 PM »
1 down

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #301: August 08, 2006, 09:50:53 PM »
I don't like AK's swing at all.  Too many things moving around.

Willie Mays Hayes 00

« Reply #302: August 08, 2006, 09:51:53 PM »
Im a late addition to this gameday discussion, as my interest in the Nats season in general is very low. After the trade of Livan my favorite pitcher/player on the Nats, Livan Hernandez. This team is gonna lose 100 games this season. I think im gonna morph into Sportsfan and bash the Nats and you fans who think it was actually a beneficial move to get rid of Hernandez for two no name minor league scrubs!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #303: August 08, 2006, 09:51:54 PM »
I went to Hooters to actually see the crowd reaction to Soriano's first AB, but the Rockville restaurant didn't have the game on.  By the time they did, he was on 1st base.  It's pretty funny what the waitresses do to inflate their tip take.  This is a frustrating game.

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #304: August 08, 2006, 09:52:53 PM »
Quote from: "Willie Mays Hayes 00"
Im a late addition to this gameday discussion, as my interest in the Nats season in general is very low. After the trade of Livan my favorite pitcher/player on the Nats, Livan Hernandez. This team is gonna lose 100 games this season. I think im gonna morph into Sportsfan and bash the Nats and you fans who think it was actually a beneficial move to get rid of Hernandez for two no name minor league scrubs!

Thats stupid. this team isn't getting any better, so why not trade the veterans and bring in youth to try to fix that? That was a good trade, just think about it.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #305: August 08, 2006, 09:53:31 PM »
Time to Borowski some runs ;)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #306: August 08, 2006, 09:54:17 PM »
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"

Thats stupid. this team isn't getting any better, so why not trade the veterans and bring in youth to try to fix that? That was a good trade, just think about it.
Move this to a seperate thread, please.  thanx

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #307: August 08, 2006, 09:54:48 PM »
2 down

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #308: August 08, 2006, 09:54:49 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
Quote from: "tomterp"
It is time for me to vent.  I hope all you steal lovers are happy tonight.  Soriano has been caught stealing, and picked off, killing two vital chances we had.

Also, having Lopez sacrifice bunt Soriano over to 2nd, only to have him caught stealing 3rd, is one bad strategy piled on top of another.  This is a badly managed team.

True about being poorly managed, but eventually somebody has to make a play to score some runs.  Frank didn't commit 2 mind-numbing errors either tonight.

Sure, I agree, plenty of blame to go around.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #309: August 08, 2006, 09:54:49 PM »
URGHH  TWO DOWN...ok now it's time for Dr. Doom.   :lol:

Willie Mays Hayes 00

« Reply #310: August 08, 2006, 09:54:59 PM »
I guarentee we never see the likes of Chico and that other scrub in a Nationals uniform. These type of trades make me puke, when teams give up productive proven talent for no name prospects, with the slim hope they will produce in the big leagues. I will swallow my words, if either one of the two pitchers we got is half of what livan is. In case you guys have no short term memory, LIVAN WAS AN ALL STAR LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #311: August 08, 2006, 09:55:41 PM »
our hitters have sucked.. always getting behind in the count against rookies

Offline ColtonWillems

« Reply #312: August 08, 2006, 09:55:44 PM »
I guarentee we never see the likes of Chico and that other scrub in a Nationals uniform. These type of trades make me puke, when teams give up productive proven talent for no name prospects, with the slim hope they will produce in the big leagues. I will swallow my words, if either one of the two pitchers we got is half of what livan is. In case you guys have no short term memory, LIVAN WAS AN ALL STAR LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your living in the past. Come to the present, enjoy what we have and think about the future.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #313: August 08, 2006, 09:55:58 PM »
seperate thread please.   :roll:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #314: August 08, 2006, 09:56:58 PM »
Game over...

Final:

Florida 4
Washington 2

Willie Mays Hayes 00

« Reply #315: August 08, 2006, 09:57:09 PM »
Pitch 8 - In play, out(s) recorded

Lol, im glad Madden 2007 is coming out soon and school is starting up again...bc seeing the nats make stupid trades and score 1 or 2 runs a game is making me go pshyco.

It makes me LOL, that we do not trade ARMAS...no. We do not trade ORTIZ no way...we trade LIVAN!!! Our only reliable pitcher, who has pitched as perfect of games as we can ask for in his most recent starts.

Willie Mays Hayes 00

« Reply #316: August 08, 2006, 09:58:02 PM »
NATS LOSE AGAIN, and remain in the basement of the horrid NL EAST! BRAVO!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #317: August 08, 2006, 09:58:14 PM »
bad,bad way to start off a 10 game home stand.  we are slowly slipping back down to 16 games below .500 where we were a few weeks ago.  We are currently 14 games under.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #318: August 08, 2006, 10:00:09 PM »
Quote from: "sportsfan882"
bad,bad way to start off a 10 game home stand.  we are slowly slipping back down to 16 games below .500 where we were a few weeks ago.  We are currently 14 games under.

I can handle losses (not really) but I hate losses where we give away two unearned runs and then squander opportunites to score on the basepaths.  Terrible game tonight.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #319: August 08, 2006, 10:04:13 PM »
Attendance 24,192, but it looked much smaller on TV.

Willie Mays Hayes 00

« Reply #320: August 08, 2006, 10:11:21 PM »
NATIONALS HAVE THE WORST STARTING ROTATION IN ALL OF BASEBALL, BRAVO!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #321: August 08, 2006, 10:16:45 PM »
Pitch 8 - In play, out(s) recorded

Lol, im glad Madden 2007 is coming out soon and school is starting up again...bc seeing the nats make stupid trades and score 1 or 2 runs a game is making me go pshyco.

It makes me LOL, that we do not trade ARMAS...no. We do not trade ORTIZ no way...we trade LIVAN!!! Our only reliable pitcher, who has pitched as perfect of games as we can ask for in his most recent starts.

I take it you've never been part of a rebuilding team.
This is NOTHING compared to what I had to go through. Take a look:

Caps trade away Jaromir Jagr for Anson Carter (at the time Jagr was pissing everyone off, but the guy had so much talent and I thought we would win a cup with him)
Caps trade away Robert Lang FOR 1 PROSPECT (and a draft pick) (my mom loved this guy - one of my favorite players)
Caps trade away Peter Bondra FOR 1 MIDLEVEL PROSPECT(and a draft pick) (if you've never heard, this guy was the FACE OF THE FRANCHISE FOR YEARS. I'm talking a long time. Leading Goals and points of the franchise, fan favorite of many, I pretty much cried when this guy was traded for 1 prospect)
Caps trade away Sergei Gonchar (we got a great trade for him, so not too bad)

Pretty much anyone on the Caps with trade value over 30 (cept Olie) was traded. And you know what? We lost a lot of fans. But the ones that did are more excited than ever for the future.

Suck it up and deal with it. We have a chance to be an exciting young team in 3 years, and you know what, I'd take that over a mediocre boring old team any freakin day.

Willie Mays Hayes 00

« Reply #322: August 08, 2006, 10:19:37 PM »
I can't wait till neither one of these bums produce in the big leagues while Livan suceeds with the DBACKS, and leads them to a wild card berth! Simply put, NATIONALS no conest have the WORST STARTING ROTATION IN THE LEAGUE!!!! Ugh, i would've been ok if the Nats got something in return, but realistically they got 2 no name minor leaguers.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #323: August 08, 2006, 10:21:07 PM »
I can't wait till neither one of these bums produce in the big leagues while Livan suceeds with the DBACKS, and leads them to a wild card berth! Simply put, NATIONALS no conest have the WORST STARTING ROTATION IN THE LEAGUE!!!!

How do you know the 2 prospects we got are bums? Question:
Have you seen them play?
Have you looked at anything besides stats?
Have you talked to MLB scouts?

Willie Mays Hayes 00

« Reply #324: August 08, 2006, 10:22:52 PM »
Nats19, wonderful avatar. I can only hope that either one of these jokes turns out to be like Hill who blows bigtime.