Author Topic: WNFF Index/Links suggestions  (Read 15985 times)

Offline ZimmerMint Berry Crunch

• http://sharkadina.blogspot.com
    • Street Shark: Roger Bernadina's Unofficial Blog
Re: WNFF Index/Links suggestions
« Reply #25: February 14, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »
Your photoshop skills are awesome but your font selection skills need work :lol:

I wish I had photoshop.  That was done with MS Paint...  I'll work on the fonts.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #26: February 14, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »
I wish I had photoshop.  That was done with MS Paint...  I'll work on the fonts.

My beef with the fonts is that not all letters are the same size, at least in chrome. The posters are :pimp:, especially with Paint!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #27: April 22, 2011, 04:59:46 PM »
Chief - this is an interesting article on how many plate appearances it takes for a particular stat to become significant.  for example, swing percentage becomes more likely than not to be a significant measure of a player's propensity to swing at 50 PAs, while HR/ FB stablizes at 300 PAs and batting average takes longer than a season to stabilize.  It's kind of a seminal analytical article and, for example, would be useful to anyone trying to figure out when Mike Morse's numbers indicate a problem with him or something likely to straighten out.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/525600-minutes-how-do-you-measure-a-player-in-a-year/#more-48077

maybe there is a stat geek thread where this is more appropriate, but what tends to happen is every few months someone starts a "What's this mean" stat thread rather than keeping that stuff consolidated.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #28: October 29, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »
I think it would be great to have a link to the "show unread posts" list at the bottom of any given thread page.  Usually, I read a thread to the end, which puts me at the bottom of a page, then have to go back to the top of the page in order to see the current unread posts list.

It would save a bit of time reading everything.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #29: October 29, 2011, 09:58:44 PM »
Not the worst idea I've ever heard.  I'll give it some thought.  Absolutely no snark intended in the meantime but have you ever considered the back button?  right-click/back, backspace key, and the actual back button in the browser GUI should all take you back to the unread page without reloading it.  These should all work in all modern browsers.  It won't remove the thread you just read, but if you're just going down the list it's a decent option.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #30: October 29, 2011, 10:14:08 PM »
Good point, the back button would take me eventually back to the top where I could hit the button again.

Sometimes I might read 4-5 pages at once - say reading a gameday thread the next day - and so it's 5 clicks to get back.

Not a big deal, just thought of it while at the bottom of a page. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #31: October 29, 2011, 10:16:51 PM »
tomterp, can't you just right click on the link and go to it under a separate tab and when you're done with that section exit out of the tab and repeat process from the original page?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #32: October 29, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
tomterp, can't you just right click on the link and go to it under a separate tab and when you're done with that section exit out of the tab and repeat process from the original page?

Sure, but then I reach the bottom of the 2nd page, and repeat again. 

Note also that I may post on the way through a page, and the back arrow takes you back through your quote and posting box en-route to the top of the thread and access to the unread posts button again.

I don't want to make this out to be a big deal, because it isn't, but the first time I use the unread post button I want it at the top.  Every time after that is pretty much when I'm sitting at the bottom.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #33: October 29, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »
I see the issue. Like you and Chief both said, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. The way I do it is sort of like Chief suggested. I don't go to every part of the forum but when I go to Clubhouse I click on new and when I'm done I just go to clubhouse again and click on the next new tab.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #34: December 26, 2011, 05:53:02 PM »
If you download the WNFF toolbar most baseball sites are listed. Most of us have less than kind words for 320.

Did Nats 320 go away?  His blog hasn't been updated much at all this year, and the last update was in July.  I personally didn't care for it much, though he had some good insight sometimes.  Not a huge loss, but I'm just curious...

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #35: December 26, 2011, 05:55:47 PM »
Did Nats 320 go away?

We couldn't get that lucky.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #36: December 28, 2011, 10:10:37 AM »
A suggestion for a sticky thread re ballpark tips that would include area development, places to go around the park, parking tips, ticket/food/drink deals, etc. You know, a "Ballpark Experience" thread...

Offline 69 Senators

« Reply #37: January 26, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
Check us out D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today
http://dcbaseballhistory.com/

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #38: February 02, 2012, 04:19:04 PM »
chief any chance this forum software supports the upvote/downvote feature?  not saying we need it, just curious. 

Offline The Chief

« Reply #39: February 02, 2012, 04:21:11 PM »
Not that re-orders the posts, but there is a "karma" mechanic that allows you to essentially do the same thing.  I've just never enabled it because I feel it only contributes to bigger pissing contests.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #40: February 02, 2012, 04:23:46 PM »
Not that re-orders the posts, but there is a "karma" mechanic that allows you to essentially do the same thing.  I've just never enabled it because I feel it only contributes to bigger pissing contests.

yeah this group, there would be plenty of controversy over karma (although spider will come out and say i don't care it's not a popularity contest for no reason 8) ). 

just curious.  it works on some places (the MD board some of us frequent) and it doesn't in other places. 

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #41: February 10, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »
Hey Chief,

Can you put this in the link?

http://nationalnews000.blogspot.com/

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #42: February 10, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »

Offline Selma

« Reply #43: March 05, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »
Hey Nats fans, I strongly encourage you to check out (and ideally add to your link page) our new comedy fanblog, The Zimmerman(n) Telegram. We're regularly posting amusing (we think) player profiles and game summaries. Thanks, and enjoy!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #44: March 05, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
Hey Nats fans, I strongly encourage you to check out (and ideally add to your link page) our new comedy fanblog, The Zimmerman(n) Telegram. We're regularly posting amusing (we think) player profiles and game summaries. Thanks, and enjoy!

Ha, good name

Offline Selma

« Reply #45: March 05, 2012, 10:41:49 PM »

Ha, good name
Thanks. It was sad how few people got it when we brought a "Zimmerman's Telegrams" sign to Nationals Park one day. We even showed it to Drew Storen in the bullpen, but we had to explain the history behind it to him and I think he lost patience.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #46: March 06, 2012, 10:38:46 AM »
Should have shown Rafael Martin. He played in the Mexican League.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #47: October 14, 2012, 10:59:51 AM »
do we have a thread for twitter accounts for nationals players and media? 

Offline The Chief

« Reply #48: October 14, 2012, 11:14:05 AM »
There was one, but it was pretty old and disorganized.  I removed it from the Index a while back.  If you want to start a new one I'll re-link it and make sure all the accounts posted are added to the first post (or whoever creates it can take on that responsibility, if they like)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #49: December 05, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »
There was one, but it was pretty old and disorganized.  I removed it from the Index a while back.  If you want to start a new one I'll re-link it and make sure all the accounts posted are added to the first post (or whoever creates it can take on that responsibility, if they like)

working on it now.