Author Topic: Drew Storen live chat - Jan 10, 2010 (Completed)  (Read 15516 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Drew Storen live chat - IN PROGRESS
« Reply #25: January 10, 2010, 08:07:19 PM »
Drew, thanks for signing on draft day, doing it the right way, and for giving up some of your time.

Do you watch the Cleveland Show? They talk about baseball, minor league in particular, quite a bit.

Offline DrewStoren

« Reply #26: January 10, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
Drew,

Thanks for taking our questions.

First, what other sports did you play growing up?

Second, what are your favorite teams in the other sports?

Third, is Alex Ovechkin the best hockey player in the world?

Thanks

I can Throw

(Ps- if someone asks "why did you become a pitcher?" you respond "I can Throw!" - I'll send you a dollar every time you do say it, I either see or hear it (youtube is acceptable) (Up to 10 interviews per season - unless I get a new job)

====

From DPOmaha: Drew, if you take him  (I can throw) up on this, would it be your first endorsement deal?

Lot of questions there! But first off, I dont really know hockey, I have only been to one game. I am a huge Colts fan so I am excited to see if they can win another super bowl. I played basketball in high school. I used to play just as much basketball as baseball, but once I realized there wasnt a big future for me in it, I concentrated on baseball.

Offline Section 138

• Nats Nation
« Reply #27: January 10, 2010, 08:09:47 PM »
Drew -

Any drunken Stanford Tree stories?

You played w/Jeff Kobernus in the Cape Cod league and he went to Cal. You guys close? How bout a scouting report?

Will you be okay with the fact that Rob Dibble is going to use his 1980s baseball knowledge and experience as a measuring stick for *everything* you do?

Have you ever had as sexy a battery-mate as Wil Nieves? (Sorry, wife stole my computer there.)

Finally, has Pro ball been all you've hoped for so far? Are you enjoying the ride?

Offline DrewStoren

« Reply #28: January 10, 2010, 08:11:09 PM »
What was the most interesting, funny, or crazy thing you saw during your tour of the Nationals minor league system in 2009?

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us.  Hope to see you out at Nats Park soon!

There was a lot! I would say all the random promotions at the different places were the craziest. I remember Frederick had a fairy tale night where the only people dressed to part were the employees on the field. Baseball wise, we had a ball that bounced over fence called a home run in Lake County and it was not overturned.

Offline DrewStoren

« Reply #29: January 10, 2010, 08:11:31 PM »
Drew, thanks for signing on draft day, doing it the right way, and for giving up some of your time.

Do you watch the Cleveland Show? They talk about baseball, minor league in particular, quite a bit.

I dont actually, maybe have to check it out!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #30: January 10, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »
As fans we want the team to sign anyone who will help the team, but as a player I imagine that signings at your position have a much more personal impact.  Have you experienced any conflicted feelings about signings or rumored signings of relief pitchers?

Offline NatsNut

• pink caps suck
« Reply #31: January 10, 2010, 08:12:40 PM »
Drew,
I loved your quote that you have probably given the least autographs ever for a number 10 overall pick, thanks to Strasburg.  :D

You seemed to have taken all the hype in stride, his and yours, and made fast friends with him.

Offline DrewStoren

« Reply #32: January 10, 2010, 08:13:45 PM »
Drew -

Any drunken Stanford Tree stories?

You played w/Jeff Kobernus in the Cape Cod league and he went to Cal. You guys close? How bout a scouting report?

Will you be okay with the fact that Rob Dibble is going to use his 1980s baseball knowledge and experience as a measuring stick for *everything* you do?

Have you ever had as sexy a battery-mate as Wil Nieves? (Sorry, wife stole my computer there.)

Finally, has Pro ball been all you've hoped for so far? Are you enjoying the ride?

Haha I will address some of those q's. I have no good Stanford tree stories sadly.

I did play with Kobe and he was one of my favorite players on that team. He is a gamer. He has the tools to be a big leaguer but also the savviness and always seemed to come up big when we needed it.

Proball is great. Its a fun thing because it is always changing and you meet some great people. I am living the dream and loving it.

Offline I can Throw

« Reply #33: January 10, 2010, 08:14:01 PM »
Drew thanks for answering my multitude of questions.
Just want to give you some help for your future career in DC. Ovechkin is the best hockey player in the world.  ;)

Also, don't forget my endorsement offer.

Offline DrewStoren

« Reply #34: January 10, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »
As fans we want the team to sign anyone who will help the team, but as a player I imagine that signings at your position have a much more personal impact.  Have you experienced any conflicted feelings about signings or rumored signings of relief pitchers?

It is different, but I dont have conflicted feeling because I am confident in what I can do. I also know there is more than one spot for a reliever so that isnt so bad. Also, I am young and having been to the big leauges so I think its different and not as personal yet.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #35: January 10, 2010, 08:15:56 PM »
Favorite non-pitching position you played in your career (youth, college, or pro)?

Offline DrewStoren

« Reply #36: January 10, 2010, 08:16:14 PM »
Drew,
I loved your quote that you have probably given the least autographs ever for a number 10 overall pick, thanks to Strasburg.  :D

You seemed to have taken all the hype in stride, his and yours, and made fast friends with him.

We did become fast friends, he's a great guy and will be exciting to see what he does.

Offline DrewStoren

« Reply #37: January 10, 2010, 08:17:25 PM »
Favorite non-pitching position you played in your career (youth, college, or pro)?

I loved to play anywhere in the infield or to catch. I do miss fielding, not so much hitting though.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #38: January 10, 2010, 08:18:31 PM »
Drew,

Can you share with us some of your pregame traditions and possibly any superstitions you may have?

Also, if it was Game 7 of the World Series.. top of the 9th with the Nats up by one and the opposing team has the bases loaded with a 3-2 count and 2 outs, what's your go-to pitch?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #39: January 10, 2010, 08:18:36 PM »
I loved to play anywhere in the infield or to catch. I do miss fielding, not so much hitting though.

This is not a question, but don't forget to bunt! Saves fan's foreheads a tremendous amount of bruising!

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #40: January 10, 2010, 08:19:41 PM »
Hey Drew, what type of work have you done this offseason to improve/refine your pitches? Any new ones, any new approaches, etc.?

Offline DrewStoren

« Reply #41: January 10, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »
Drew,

Can you share with us some of your pregame traditions and possibly any superstitions you may have?

Also, if it was Game 7 of the World Series.. top of the 9th with the Nats up by one and the opposing team has the bases loaded with a 3-2 count and 2 outs, what's your go-to pitch?

I dont really have any rituals or superstitions, but give it time and I might develop one.

Probably going with a fastball there. I love my breaking balls, but my fastball is a go to in that situation.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #42: January 10, 2010, 08:22:44 PM »
Thanks, Drew for being with us at WNFF!

1) When you were negotiating your contract , other than your agent, who was the one person most instrumental in getting your deal done " on time" with the Nats? Also, was the deal finalized ahead of time but you waited to make the announcement or was it an "11th hour" ordeal?  :nervous:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #43: January 10, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »
Drew,

this is random, but of the utmost importance:

Pirates or Ninjas?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #44: January 10, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »
Drew,

this is random, but of the utmost importance:

Pirates or Ninjas?

dont get houstonnat started

btw i had this debate at school, it's pirates because 2/3 of the world is water, and the pirates win at water.

Offline DrewStoren

« Reply #45: January 10, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »
Hey Drew, what type of work have you done this offseason to improve/refine your pitches? Any new ones, any new approaches, etc.?

I havent really changed much, just getting my body in shape and rebuilt. I have also been working on my change up. It is something I want to perfect and work in this year.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #46: January 10, 2010, 08:24:28 PM »
Golfing seems to be a popular pastime among players during spring training during breaks in play. 

Do you golf, fish, bike, or participate in any other such outdoor recreational activities?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• Lets go to work
« Reply #47: January 10, 2010, 08:24:59 PM »
Drew,

Do you go with the long socks look, or do you keep the pants over top the cleats?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #48: January 10, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »
Do you have any good friends on the major league club? And who are your best friends in the minors?

Offline DrewStoren

« Reply #49: January 10, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »
Thanks, Drew for being with us at WNFF!

1) When you were negotiating your contract , other than your agent, who was the one person most instrumental in getting your deal done " on time" with the Nats? Also, was the deal finalized ahead of time but you waited to make the announcement or was it an "11th hour" ordeal?  :nervous:

It came down to me and what I wanted to do. After I got picked, we hammered out the deal quick because I wanted to sign and get playing.