Author Topic: Luis Ayala Almost Kidnapped  (Read 1044 times)

Luis Ayala Almost Kidnapped
« Topic Start: January 05, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4799973&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines

CULIACAN, Mexico -- Relief pitcher Luis Ayala was unharmed during an apparent attempted kidnapping by gunmen at his home in the northern Mexico state of Sinaloa.

Martin Robles, a spokesman for the state prosecutors' office, said investigators believed Ayala was the intended victim, whom police prevented from being abducted.

Robles said gunmen in three vehicles forced their way into Ayala's home near the city of Los Mochis on Monday by shooting open the door.

Police arrived at the scene after receiving a call to an emergency number, and soldiers dispatched to the scene apparently scared off the assailants.

Neither Ayala nor his family were hurt. He was found handcuffed at the home.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Luis Ayala Almost Kidnapped
« Reply #1: January 05, 2010, 10:40:01 PM »
Good Lord, he has an insane life. He should move to Cancun or something.

Offline dirtynat

« Reply #2: January 05, 2010, 10:44:01 PM »
Why anyone would live in Mexico is beyond me. 

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #3: January 05, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »
I feel like something like this happened last offseason.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: January 06, 2010, 07:59:41 AM »
Why anyone would live in Mexico is beyond me. 

Because up here they get tagged as "illegals" and sent back to Mexico.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #5: January 07, 2010, 08:53:29 AM »
My wife and I watched one of those nightly magazine shows (like Nightline or something) the other night and it was an episode about an American family being kidnapped by assailants posing as police officers.  Apparently they were less than 3 miles to the American border when tehy were abducted.

The host of the show alleges this sort of thing happens with alarming frequency in Northern Mexico.

« Reply #6: January 07, 2010, 09:02:55 AM »
I believe Johnny Cash had one of his vacation houses invaded by gunmen at one time. I forgot what country. But he and his family were home, the gunmen came in and though the situation was not the best, the gunmen were respectful, only wanted money, Johnny gave it to them, said goodbye and a few minutes later the gunmen were gunned down in the street by authorities.

I read the story in a biography on Cash. He said he was greatly upset at how the authorities handled the situation.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #7: January 07, 2010, 09:06:31 AM »
I believe Johnny Cash had one of his vacation houses invaded by gunmen at one time. I forgot what country. But he and his family were home, the gunmen came in and though the situation was not the best, the gunmen were respectful, only wanted money, Johnny gave it to them, said goodbye and a few minutes later the gunmen were gunned down in the street by authorities.

I read the story in a biography on Cash. He said he was greatly upset at how the authorities handled the situation.

That was in Jamaica.

« Reply #8: January 07, 2010, 09:22:32 AM »
That was in Jamaica.

Yes. That is right. Thanks.