Author Topic: Collin Balester Q&A - January 3, 2010 (Completed)  (Read 20559 times)

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
well that went really well.

wonder what the chances of getting another Nat to do this in the future.
Maybe? You never know what Spinman has up his sleeve! :stir:

Offline Obed_Marsh

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • Photos
Who made his cool avatar? I knew I'd forget to ask something and kick myself for it later.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• Lerners = Bluth family
this was cool as crap. to bad I slept in well past this
aw man, so did I

props to spinman :clap: and collin as well for doing this :clap:

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
aw man, so did I

props to spinman :clap: and collin as well for doing this :clap:
We had a great forum. Great questions from all the guys. Bally was in rare form. Really funny and candid.

Offline blue911

We had a great forum. Great questions from all the guys. Bally was in rare form. Really funny and candid.

He didn't want to sign a hotdog bun, boy has success gone to his head  :lol:

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
He didn't want to sign a hotdog bun, boy has success gone to his head  :lol:
He wanted too but they didnt have one ready for an autograph. They have to spray them first with something.

Offline natsfan4evr

I don't check the board for 2 days, and I miss this? Just my luck
Great questions everyone

Offline I can Throw

Great fun, great read.

I'm sorry I'm relatively new here. What is the relationship to Spinman and Collin?

Online sportsfan882

father-in-law

Offline I can Throw

father-in-law

Thanks Sportsfan. thanks Spinman and Collin.

Online tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Prospects look encouraging for having another one of these informal chats.  Tentatively, we are looking to do this next Sunday, with a PTBNL      ;)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Prospects look encouraging for having another one of these informal chats.  Tentatively, we are looking to do this next Sunday, with a PTBNL      ;)

orly? :shock:  :D

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
Great job Tomterp!  Lets keep it going. I will be flying back to Fl next Sunday so I will send questions in early!

Offline DPMOmaha

Back on page 2 I mentioned that there were other people on the forum who never get to see the Nats play - I cited DPMOmaha especially, because the Nationals never go to Omaha!
LoL, too bad I missed out on this whole thing this morning, fun to read.  And, for the record, I did get to a couple of games in St. Louis last year.  Now the Nats AAA team used to be in New Orleans for a year or so, I think before they moved to DC, but now that they're in Syracuse and the IL, I can't even get that.  :(

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• Lerners = Bluth family
Lannan :pray:

Online tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
  Now the Nats AAA team used to be in New Orleans for a year or so, I think before they moved to DC, but now that they're in Syracuse and the IL, I can't even get that.  :(

I'm too lazy to look it up, but New Orleans was the Nats AAA club for at least a year AFTER the Expos relocated to DC.  Then came a two-year stint in Columbus.

Online sportsfan882

correct.

2005 + 2006 = New Orleans Zephyrs
2007 + 2008 = Columbus Clippers
2009 = Syracuse Chiefs

Bergmann should know best. He has pitched for our AAA affiliate every year since the team moved to D.C.

Offline DPMOmaha

That could be, I wasn't working at the stadium then though, I don't remember exactly when the affiliates were situated where.  05 was my last season there and I don't remember if they were still with New Orleans or not.  I wasn't following the minors as closely as I am now so I don't remember who may or may not have been on the roster when I was there.  I wish I would have been following it a bit better then, it would have been great to have a little more knowledge about who I was watching and sharing the dugout with.  Oh well.

Edit - Looks like I got them their first year in New Orleans then...

Online tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
That could be, I wasn't working at the stadium then though, I don't remember exactly when the affiliates were situated where.  05 was my last season there and I don't remember if they were still with New Orleans or not.  I wasn't following the minors as closely as I am now so I don't remember who may or may not have been on the roster when I was there.  I wish I would have been following it a bit better then, it would have been great to have a little more knowledge about who I was watching and sharing the dugout with.  Oh well.

What were you doing in New Orleans that had you in the dugout?

Offline DPMOmaha

Omaha, actually, I used to work at Rosenblatt and my position during the games was in the visitors dugout.  So it would have just been for a four game series, sorry for the confusion.

It was a good job.

Online tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Omaha, actually, I used to work at Rosenblatt and my position during the games was in the visitors dugout.  So it would have just been for a four game series, sorry for the confusion.

It was a good job.

Ok, cool, just wondering.

Offline natsfan4evr

If you could get Adam Dunn or Ryan Zimmerman here, I can see the board growth now. Once you know who the player will be, I'd have Chico or whoever post about it at the Nats Journal.

I'm so glad I left that mlb board Tom. Thanks for the invite.
BTW: I haven't posted about Juan Pierre much.. Nyjer has totally replaced him for me.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Omaha, actually, I used to work at Rosenblatt and my position during the games was in the visitors dugout.  So it would have just been for a four game series, sorry for the confusion.

It was a good job.

Church was up and down, Rauch started the season in AAA I think, Marlon Byrd bounced around.

I remember the Zephyrs were the first team in New Orleans to resume play - their field was magically untouched. I also remember some of the guys, possibly Church, being excellent human beings right after the storm.

I posted the link in the past, pretty sure. You can search for it.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
If you could get Adam Dunn or Ryan Zimmerman here, I can see the board growth now. Once you know who the player will be, I'd have Chico or whoever post about it at the Nats Journal.

I'm so glad I left that mlb board Tom. Thanks for the invite.
BTW: I haven't posted about Juan Pierre much.. Nyjer has totally replaced him for me.

I think if it were hyped up it would be a disaster. This chat was mighty fine.

Offline natsfan4evr

I think if it were hyped up it would be a disaster. This chat was mighty fine.
Good point, just I would have known about this one then. I usually check a couple of times a day, but haven't in the last 2 days, and look what I missed.