Author Topic: Collin Balester Q&A - January 3, 2010 (Completed)  (Read 20549 times)

Online tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Any idea what players will be at Fanfest this January 31?

Offline houston-nat

No but Spinman did try and get the manger to let me sign one haha..  :bag:  :crazy:

Here's a question we'll give you some time to think about or write a really great answer .... do you have any great Spinman stories??

Offline Collin Balester

In the clubhouse, which guys are the funniest, the most vocal, the leaders, etc. in your opinion?

Well I would say the leader of the clubhouse would be zimmerman, and leader of our pitching staff is Lannan, I dont really no whos the most vocal, I know who talks the most and thats me or nyger haha. and the Funniest has to be either Dunn or Nyger but if I could say myself then well I would say ME!  :pimp:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
When you read a message board comment about yourself are you ever tempted to jump in the conversation using an anonymous ID?

You're not on the list of players attending FanFest this year, is there a chance that you will be showing up?

Offline Collin Balester

Any lingering issues from the oblique / rib issue that ended your season last year?
Nope I have been lifting throwing and running no problems at all, Thanks for asking.

Offline Collin Balester

Any idea what players will be at Fanfest this January 31?

I have no Idea I work for the Nationals but I don't "work for" the Nationals haha  :donkey:

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
By the way who do you work out with in California and Ohio?

Offline Collin Balester

When you read a message board comment about yourself are you ever tempted to jump in the conversation using an anonymous ID?

You're not on the list of players attending FanFest this year, is there a chance that you will be showing up?

No I am never tempted to do so BUT!!!!! I do read what you all post and I can take it because I know when im not performing up to my Level that I can and wouldn't want anyone to sugar coat it and say I am doing well. So I know this year all you guys will be saying lots of good things not only about me but about all the other guys on the team. So sit back and relax and enjoy the show. and my stache of course..  :popcorn:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Do you ever get recognized walking around or dining out in Washington?  Do you ever hang out with any of the United, Caps, Wizards, or Redskins?

Offline PatsNats28

No I am never tempted to do so BUT!!!!! I do read what you all post and I can take it because I know when im not performing up to my Level that I can and wouldn't want anyone to sugar coat it and say I am doing well. So I know this year all you guys will be saying lots of good things not only about me but about all the other guys on the team. So sit back and relax and enjoy the show. and my stache of course..  :popcorn:

As a follow up on that, do you think there are other players that read the message boards? (or even this one)

Offline Collin Balester

By the way who do you work out with in California and Ohio?

I answer this question as I watch Spinman type with one finger one single letter at a time on my other computer :punch:  haha... I throw with Anthony Slama who plays with the Minnesota Twins watch out for his name this year.. (he also dates my sister haha) And in Ohio I throw with Brad Hennessey great guy.

Online tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Now that the franchise has been in DC for 5 seasons. I imagine that players and coaches have settled into some general places that they like to reside during the season.  I've heard of some living in DC, others in Old Town Alexandria. 

There may be differences in preferences too between single, married, or married with kids. 

If you make the team out of spring training, what would you be looking for (ie close to other players) and do you yet know enough about DC to have some preferences?

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
No but Spinman did try and get the manger to let me sign one haha..  :bag:  :crazy:
Hey, Boss, I should be your publicist! At least i tried. The manager said he didnt have any " buns" ready to sign or he would have had Bally sign one!  :thumbs:

Offline Collin Balester

Do you ever get recognized walking around or dining out in Washington?  Do you ever hang out with any of the United, Caps, Wizards, or Redskins?

Great question. I do not get recognized as I walk in DC YET! and I mean YET haha I just want to become a fan favorite and be a guy that anyone can talk to or wouldn't feel stupid asking questions or asking for an autograph, Kinda went off the topic of that question sorry.. and No just hangout with a couple Nats from time to time  :koolaid:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
With that mustache I'm sure that BallyStar sightings will skyrocket.  Are your friends requesting Doc Holliday quotes from Tombstone?

Offline houston-nat

Great question. I do not get recognized as I walk in DC YET!

Yeah, because next year everybody will know you by your Stache!

Which reminds me, any future plans for how you want the Stache to grow, or you just gonna see how it develops?

Offline Collin Balester

Now that the franchise has been in DC for 5 seasons. I imagine that players and coaches have settled into some general places that they like to reside during the season.  I've heard of some living in DC, others in Old Town Alexandria. 

There may be differences in preferences too between single, married, or married with kids. 

If you make the team out of spring training, what would you be looking for (ie close to other players) and do you yet know enough about DC to have some preferences?
I like the Arlington Area, Because its close to the stadium (for the Traffic) and its nice.

Offline Collin Balester

With that mustache I'm sure that BallyStar sightings will skyrocket.  Are your friends requesting Doc Holliday quotes from Tombstone?
haha Nice question, Im not looking to say any quotes from Doc himself but I do expect people to be able to point me out because and only because of this stache haha

Offline Collin Balester

As a follow up on that, do you think there are other players that read the message boards? (or even this one)

umm I really don't Know but If there's One then I'm sure there's more haha and I mean I don't look on it too much but I'm sure there are more..  :nervous:

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
What goals have you set for yourself this year? Your Weight gain, W/L record,  ERA, innings, k's?

Offline Collin Balester

Yeah, because next year everybody will know you by your Stache!

Which reminds me, any future plans for how you want the Stache to grow, or you just gonna see how it develops?

I have lots of plans for this, I want to make it Green for St pattys red white and Blue for 4th of july and then ask the fans what they want to see, Make it fun for the fans and for baseball tonight and sportscenter haha

Online tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
umm I really don't Know but If there's One then I'm sure there's more haha and I mean I don't look on it too much but I'm sure there are more..  :nervous:

I'm aware of several that read here, but none posting in recent months.  Of course, they are always invited to come out of the closet anytime and join us in discussion.    :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Obed_Marsh

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • Photos
Do you see yourself adding a slider or cutter to your regular mix in the future? What circumstances have lead you to adding new pitches? I'm always curious what was the motivation when someone adds/drops a pitch.

Offline houston-nat

Do you see yourself adding a slider or cutter to your regular mix in the future? What circumstances have lead you to adding new pitches? I'm always curious what was the motivation when someone adds/drops a pitch.

He said he is adding a slider ... the rest of that is a good question though, thanks. 8)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Playing in the National League are you ever worried coming to bat after having hit an opposing batter?