Author Topic: Collin Balester Q&A - January 3, 2010 (Completed)  (Read 39694 times)

Offline GMUNat

Yeah its kinda cool that us 3 have stuck around so Long and also that they keep us around haha but yeah it was kinda cool to hear that we would be coming to DC that was awesome because we would be in a big market so it was good to know..

Were you really excited that if you made the big leagues, you would actually be playing in a big city instead of having to play in the middle of nowhere Canada. I assume that is a huge upgrade

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
I ask my friends all kinds of weird questions. That's the only one that involves killing people though! Here is another question:

- If you had a pet squid what would you name it?

I would eat it. Squid is my favorite food :evil:

Offline PANatsFan

Were you really excited that if you made the big leagues, you would actually be playing in a big city instead of having to play in the middle of nowhere Canada. I assume that is a huge upgrade

Montreal is a bigger city than DC :crazy:

Offline Collin Balester

Yeah when we made the move I was just coming out of rookie ball and didnt know how long It would be but I knew when I did make it up it would be in a great city and I Was right so I love it.

Offline PatsNats28

What was your favorite minor league stop in terms of the city itself? What did you like about it?

Offline GMUNat

Montreal is a bigger city than DC :crazy:

It's in Canada, so it has an asterisk. If I was Collin, I would be thanking Bud Selig every day for allowing the Franchise to move from Canada to a great city.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
Thanks guys for all the great questions. You are the best.  Thanks to Tomterp and the Chief for making the arrangements for this forum to happen. We hope to see you all at the ballpark this year. If I can make it to a home game this year we will get together and talk baseball and have fun. Thanks Collin for taking the time to post your answers to our questions. I appreciate it as do all of our WNFF posters!
 Happy New year everyone and Good Luck to Collin and the Nats this year.
 Thanks again, Bally!  :worship: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline PatsNats28

Thanks a ton Collin!

Offline Collin Balester

Okay guys well I had a blast and Im glad I was able to answer some questions you guys had, and really glad you guys had so many questions. So this is coming from a name that you wont see again on this site due to me deleting it haha.. Well I hope you all have a great rest of the year and hope to see you all in ST and this year at Nats Park feel free to come up and ask for an autograph or ask me a question when I see you.. have fun and Stache you later ...Collin  :worship:  :uk:  :donkey: :bag:  :lmao:

Offline The Chief

• it's a thumb
    • http://www.wnff.net
Thanks for doing this - it takes a lot of guts to go outside the box to reach out to fans.

I echo this sentiment.  It was great having you here Collin!

Offline Collin Balester

What was your favorite minor league stop in terms of the city itself? What did you like about it?

Toledo Oh... Best fans best atmosphere and good city and close to family :)

Offline PANatsFan

Thanks guys for all the great questions. You are the best.  Thanks to Tomterp and the Chief for making the arrangements for this forum to happen. We hope to see you all at the ballpark this year. If I can make it to a home game this year we will get together and talk baseball and have fun. Thanks Collin for taking the time to post your answers to our questions. I appreciate it as do all of our WNFF posters!
 Happy New year everyone and Good Luck to Collin and the Nats this year.
 Thanks again, Bally!  :worship: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: For the Spinman. Bally, we expect to see you break camp with the big boys :icon_exclaim:

Offline houston-nat

OK, not a weird question this time, because I'm not totally insane.
Actually, not even a question.
Just wanted to say thanks so much for doing this. I'm from Houston, I am in Texas right now, have never ever seen you play. In fact, I've been to 3 Nats games at Minute Maid but they were so long ago I've never seen any of the current DC pitchers. But just so you know, there are a few of us Nationals fans down here and although we only know what you look like from Twitter and MLB.com pictures, and when y'all play the Braves and it's on TBS, but we're still cheering for you and we still love you guys no matter what. :)

Offline Obed_Marsh

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • Photos
The question is ...... how would you kill someone with a piano?

Well, now that I think about it...

Let's just say it involves several Mi-26 HALOs, with each crew costumed appropriately for "Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex but were afraid to ask", tossing Lindner pianos out the doors somewhere over Texas at the most unexpected of times shortly after the New Year.

*queue ominous music*

Offline balzig777

I ask my friends all kinds of weird questions. That's the only one that involves killing people though! Here is another question:

- If you had a pet squid what would you name it?
calamari

Offline Collin Balester

:bow: Remember get everyone to follow me on Twitter and you will see the same type of stuff on a regular basis haha ok Peace out  :bow:

Offline houston-nat

Thanks Collin! It's been fun!!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
HUGE thanks to Collin for taking the time to talk so candidly with us   :worship:, and for Spinman for making it happen   :clap:

This was definitely a first for the WNFF, and thanks also the the posters here who came up with so many creative questions (and a few goofy ones  :lol:).    :thumbs:

Offline UMDNats

• hire a-rod
We should get Rob Dibble to do a Q&A. That would be hysterical.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
Thanks Collin! It's been fun!!
Good Job Nat we did have a lot of fun. See you at the ballpark, maybe in Houston!

Offline PatsNats28

OK, not a weird question this time, because I'm not totally insane.
Actually, not even a question.
Just wanted to say thanks so much for doing this. I'm from Houston, I am in Texas right now, have never ever seen you play. In fact, I've been to 3 Nats games at Minute Maid but they were so long ago I've never seen any of the current DC pitchers. But just so you know, there are a few of us Nationals fans down here and although we only know what you look like from Twitter and MLB.com pictures, and when y'all play the Braves and it's on TBS, but we're still cheering for you and we still love you guys no matter what. :)

Hey at least the Nats go to Houston every year, the Nats only come here once every 6 years.

Offline sportsfan882

that was fantastic. lots of good stuff.

thanks a bunch spinman and bally :clap:

Offline houston-nat

Hey at least the Nats go to Houston every year, the Nats only come here once every 6 years.

Back on page 2 I mentioned that there were other people on the forum who never get to see the Nats play - I cited DPM Omaha especially, because the Nationals never go to Omaha!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
well that went really well.

wonder what the chances of getting another Nat to do this in the future.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
this was cool as crap. to bad I slept in well past this