Author Topic: Collin Balester Q&A - January 3, 2010 (Completed)  (Read 22459 times)

Offline Collin Balester

Metal forever \m/

What kind of tunes do you like?

All kinds, Hardcore (pre game) Rock (all the time, Pre game) Rap (post game, Most anytime) Country (mainly Never haha) and Enya (Bed time)

Offline Minty Fresh

• Mantra of the SSS
   No I have no clue what that stuff means haha I focus on making my pitches and leaving the stat guys for the other stuff.  :bang:  :doh:

Collin Balester is my hero.

Take THAT stat geeks!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Which players that you haven't faced would you most like to pitch against?

Offline houston-nat

Six minute warning.............

Okay Collin, this is a question I ask all of my friends, and it's kind of an initiation of being my friend when I ask somebody the question, because it's a really important personal question. The question is ...... how would you kill someone with a piano?

Offline Collin Balester

Which players that you haven't faced would you most like to pitch against?

All the best players, I love facing great players to see how good I am and what I need to work on.. dont get me wrong I truly think that all the MLB players are great but I like facing all the best of the best and see how I fare..

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
All kinds, Hardcore (pre game) Rock (all the time, Pre game) Rap (post game, Most anytime) Country (mainly Never haha) and Enya (Bed time)

Sweet. DC is the place to be for hardcore, well, 20 years ago anyway.

Minor Threat, Rites of Spring, Youth of Today, and possibly my favorite, Worlds Collide.

What is your dream entrance music?

Offline GMUNat

Are the minors as bad as most people portray it? It seems like its hellhole.

Offline Obed_Marsh

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • Photos
Taking the town and team out of the mix, what is your favorite park to pitch in and which is the worst? Why?

Does all that cheering and noise get distracting or do you just learn to tune it out?

Offline PatsNats28

Okay Collin, this is a question I ask all of my friends, and it's kind of an initiation of being my friend when I ask somebody the question, because it's a really important personal question. The question is ...... how would you kill someone with a piano?

Offline Collin Balester

Do I really want you to be my friend after that question  :crazy: haha I really have no idea I would never kill anyone  :nono:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
The question is ...... how would you kill someone with a piano?

I would play it, that should do the trick.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Squeezing one more in: You, Desmond, and Bergmann are some of the last Expos prospects left (I was rooting for Clint Everts to be kept around). What was it like in '04 and '05 during the rumors and then the transition.

Thanks for doing this, we all know what a first-rate guy Spinman is, and 1 hour of your time during the holidays is very much appreciated.

Offline Collin Balester

Are the minors as bad as most people portray it? It seems like its hellhole.

I love baseball and thats what I wanted to do so for me it wasnt to bad but you better be ready for 12 hour bus trips after games, you better love to eat PB&J haha  :bang:

Offline houston-nat

I'm serious, I keep track of all my friends' answers to how they would kill someone with a piano. So far I have heard these answers:
- play really bad music until their ears bleed
- slam the lid down on their head
- stick them between the strings
- drop the piano on them (only one person said this)

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
What kind of question is that, Nat??? LOL! Love ya man but...  :crazy:

Offline Minty Fresh

• Mantra of the SSS
Collin:

Do you prefer long boards or short boards?

Offline PatsNats28

I would play it, that should do the trick.

good answer

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
You, Desmond, and Bergmann are some of the last Expos prospects left (I was rooting for Clint Everts to be kept around). What was it like in '04 and '05 during the rumors and then the transition.

Great question

Offline Collin Balester

Taking the town and team out of the mix, what is your favorite park to pitch in and which is the worst? Why?

Does all that cheering and noise get distracting or do you just learn to tune it out?

I love pitching at Miller park thats my favorite park, I also love Pitching in my Home state of CA, and west coast.. But also like Nats park.. theres not really a place I dont love in the MLB I just love being in the BIgs and you will never hear a complaint out of me   :clap:

Offline Collin Balester

Collin:

Do you prefer long boards or short boards?

Short boards

Offline Collin Balester

Squeezing one more in: You, Desmond, and Bergmann are some of the last Expos prospects left (I was rooting for Clint Everts to be kept around). What was it like in '04 and '05 during the rumors and then the transition.

Thanks for doing this, we all know what a first-rate guy Spinman is, and 1 hour of your time during the holidays is very much appreciated.

Yeah its kinda cool that us 3 have stuck around so Long and also that they keep us around haha but yeah it was kinda cool to hear that we would be coming to DC that was awesome because we would be in a big market so it was good to know..

Offline Minty Fresh

• Mantra of the SSS
Short boards

+1

Better control, more tricks. 

Thanks for doing this - it takes a lot of guts to go outside the box to reach out to fans.

Offline PatsNats28

Yeah thanks a ton for chatting with us Collin. We all appreciate it.

Offline houston-nat

What kind of question is that, Nat??? LOL! Love ya man but...  :crazy:

I ask my friends all kinds of weird questions. That's the only one that involves killing people though! Here is another question:

- If you had a pet squid what would you name it?

Offline Collin Balester

I ask my friends all kinds of weird questions. That's the only one that involves killing people though! Here is another question:

- If you had a pet squid what would you name it?

Squirty