it's kind of related to cooking!
To make up I have a nice, simple Butternut Squash Soup recipe, made it tonight and I love it! I always enjoy making it when I'm feeling cold or just not as good as I want to feel. Makes great leftovers and freezes awesomely.
Butternut Squash Soup. Serves 4-5.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hr
Blending: 5 minutes
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 medium butternut squash, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium potato (optional)
- Enough water to cover the vegetables
- Chicken bouillon, enough for the water (Optional: replace water & bouillon with chicken broth)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/3 tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Ritz crackers (or any crackers you prefer)
1. Melt butter in large pot on medium-high. Fry squash, onion, carrot, celery, and potato (optional) for 5 minutes.
2. Cover vegetables in water, add all spices. Set on high until soup reaches a boil, then cover and simmer (med-low heat) for 50 minutes.
3. After soup is finished cooking, remove bay leaf and start adding soup to blender or food processor. Transferred processed soup to bowl or other container. Remove water before blending if soup is getting too thin.
4. Add salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm with crackers.