Author Topic: Bay to the Mets  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Bay to the Mets
« Topic Start: December 29, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »
No sources yet... but it's a fact in my mind.

Watch his value plummet playing in that spacious OF in New York.

Sucker.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Bay to the Mets
« Reply #1: December 29, 2009, 02:51:08 PM »
XM radio is aying multiple sources (some of which are John Heyman and Mike Francessa) are confiming this.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2: December 29, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »
He's still a decent ballplayer though.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #3: December 29, 2009, 03:38:50 PM »
I'd have lived with signing Bay, moving Hammer to RF and trading Dukes.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #4: December 29, 2009, 06:06:45 PM »
freak. Sucks we need to face a Bay in the Mets lineup..

Wright, Beltran, Reyes and Bay! :shock: Minaya you piece of crap!

Lets get Holliday :P

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #5: December 29, 2009, 08:31:01 PM »
I'd have lived with signing Bay, moving Hammer to RF and trading Dukes.

Dukes is a better fielder than Hammer, and there's still a chance he might be a comparable offensive player.  I like his arm in right.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #6: December 29, 2009, 08:39:48 PM »
Dukes is a better fielder than Hammer, and there's still a chance he might be a comparable offensive player.  I like his arm in right.

I'm growing tired of waiting for Dukes' potential.  Going into a season that looks promising with all of the moves we've made so far, I'd like tohave production and not promise.

I think Dukes is a far superior fielder, but he's killing us in the lineup.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #7: December 29, 2009, 08:40:33 PM »
I'm growing tired of waiting for Dukes' potential.  Going into a season that looks promising with all of the moves we've made so far, I'd like tohave production and not promise.

QFT.  This year is put up or shut up year for him.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #8: December 29, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »
I think Bay is going to falter, especially in the big park in NY.

This means Holliday is the last big OF free agent out there, MLBtraderumors says Boras wants $18 million a year but can't find any suitors.  The betting is that he'll return to the Cards.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #9: December 29, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »
Yep. Dukes was disappointing last year. He must stay healthy and produce at a high level this year or his days in D.C. are numbered.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #10: December 29, 2009, 08:46:20 PM »

It's clearly make or break for Dukes this season.  He's 25, hardly too old to show development, but he took a serious step backwards last season, inexplicably.  Hopefully not another Wily Mo situation.

In my mind, a couple of keys to the Nats season include a healthy Jesus FLores, and a return to potential form for Dukes.  If those two guys are thumping in the lineup, we are rivaling some of the best teams in the NL offensively.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #11: December 29, 2009, 09:22:22 PM »
He's the perfect overrated player to fit in with all the other overrated, arrogant guys on the Mets.

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL
« Reply #12: December 30, 2009, 02:18:00 AM »

How is Dukes killing our lineup, the guy had almost 60 while missing most of the season. I still like what Dukes gives us at RF and if Riggy can give the guy consistant AB the numbers he put up in the second half can be expanded through the whole year.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #13: December 30, 2009, 08:49:13 AM »
How is Dukes killing our lineup, the guy had almost 60 while missing most of the season. I still like what Dukes gives us at RF and if Riggy can give the guy consistant AB the numbers he put up in the second half can be expanded through the whole year.

You can look at numbers all you want.  While watching games, I notice that Dukes doesn't really hit all that well with runners on or in crucial situations/game changing situations.  He draws a ton of walks, but that's not what a RF should be worried about.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #14: December 30, 2009, 10:50:05 AM »
I think Dukes' fielding is overrated.  I guess everyone forgot about all those plays he didn't make because of bad judgment or lack of effort.  Yeah that can be "fixed" but will it be?

I like Dukes' potential as much as anyone but for me he's in the same boat as Flores - gone next year (or even this year) if he doesn't have (or project) a healthy and productive season.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #15: December 30, 2009, 01:58:37 PM »
Dukes and Flores have zero long term commitment from this club. If Maxwell or Norris or whomever supplants them, they are let go or not tendered contracts. If they do well, fine, but I'm not worried because a pipeline of major league ready (not super star, but VORP carrying) prospects is finally coming to fruition.

We no longer have all our eggs in the Flores/Dukes basket like under Trader Jim.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #16: December 30, 2009, 03:05:51 PM »
Dukes and Flores have zero long term commitment from this club. If Maxwell or Norris or whomever supplants them, they are let go or not tendered contracts. If they do well, fine, but I'm not worried because a pipeline of major league ready (not super star, but VORP carrying) prospects is finally coming to fruition.

We no longer have all our eggs in the Flores/Dukes basket like under Trader Jim.

Maxwell? :rofl:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #17: December 30, 2009, 04:23:04 PM »
Maxwell? :rofl:

Maxwell is major league ready. Don't let the Bernadina hype cover up the speed, size and power potential that Maxwell has.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #18: December 30, 2009, 05:07:23 PM »
Norris won't stick at catcher.

Hopefully the club gets wise and tries him at RF.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #19: December 30, 2009, 05:41:47 PM »
Norris won't stick at catcher.

Hopefully the club gets wise and tries him at RF.

This. Maybe we can keep, next years most likely pick, Harper at catcher if hes in our organization long enough.

Offline houston-nat

Offline The Chief

« Reply #21: December 30, 2009, 08:07:19 PM »
Not a very bold prediction considering the park and the season Wright had last year.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #22: December 30, 2009, 08:25:35 PM »
Not a very bold prediction considering the park and the season Wright had last year.

I think he'll be fine.

Citi Field field dimensions:

Left field - 335 ft
Left center - 364 ft
Deep left center - 384 ft
Center field - 408 ft
Deep right center - 415 ft
Right center - 378 ft
Right field - 330 ft

Scatter Plot of Home Runs for Bay in '09:

Average Distance: 389.9 ft

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2009_146&type=hitter

Offline The Chief

« Reply #23: December 30, 2009, 08:59:31 PM »
I'm not all fancy like you Ronny, I just shoot from the hip :lol:

I just didn't think it was a very meaningful prediction when the Mets have so many other issues.

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL
« Reply #24: December 30, 2009, 09:43:11 PM »
You can look at numbers all you want.  While watching games, I notice that Dukes doesn't really hit all that well with runners on or in crucial situations/game changing situations.  He draws a ton of walks, but that's not what a RF should be worried about.
Yes I do watch games and I dont base my comment just on stats. Besides doesnt Ryan, Dunn, Willingham, Guz, and basically everyone have trouble in crucial situations/game changing situation, everyone is not perfect. BTW when did walks become something bad? Only LF and first basemans are suppose to walk? Doesnt make sense if the guy can get on base anyway its a plus not a negative.