Author Topic: DH Dead?  (Read 3777 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: DH Dead?
« Reply #50: December 16, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »
QFT  It's impossible for some people to keep politics out of anything and everything.

Deuce

Not a political statement. Read the whole thread, Spidertroll.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #51: December 16, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »
What they should do to the DH is:

During interleague games, bring the DH to the NL team if they are home and the pitcher to the AL team if they are home.

Example:

Yankees @ Nationals. Bring the DH to Nats Park. Gives a chance for NL fans to see the DH in action, live.

Nationals @ Yankees. CC has to hit infront of all the Yankee Fans at Yankee Stadium.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #52: December 16, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »
That reminds me, is this true:

Fox has all NFC broadcasts, and CBS has AFC broadcasts, but when the NFC is at the AFC, it's Fox, and vice versa? Because I've noticed that...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #53: December 16, 2009, 08:52:40 PM »
What they should do to the DH is:

During interleague games, bring the DH to the NL team if they are home and the pitcher to the AL team if they are home.

Example:

Yankees @ Nationals. Bring the DH to Nats Park. Gives a chance for NL fans to see the DH in action, live.

Nationals @ Yankees. CC has to hit infront of all the Yankee Fans at Yankee Stadium.

While I believe the DH ought to be abolished, I like the idea of playing interleague as you have described, to give the fans some novelty.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #54: December 16, 2009, 09:01:47 PM »
That reminds me, is this true:

Fox has all NFC broadcasts, and CBS has AFC broadcasts, but when the NFC is at the AFC, it's Fox, and vice versa? Because I've noticed that...
Yep, that seems to be how it's been done for a while now.  I think the networks do it to give their broadcasters/crew a chance to visit cities they don't regularly see.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #55: December 16, 2009, 10:20:10 PM »
oh okay. i thought itd make more sense to just do AFC home = cbs, NFC home = fox

Offline Dexter Morgan

« Reply #56: December 17, 2009, 03:29:34 PM »
I think the DH will always be part of AL baseball, but it's starting to be used differently. It's becoming more and more a resting slot for position players.  Players who can only DH, can't play a position are going to disappear. When fulltime position players are at their respected positions, the DH will be used by a player who can play several positions and can move in and out of the DH slot.

AL fans are not interested in seeing the pitcher hit, might as well get the bat boy up there.

Also when AL teams play in NL parks we should be able to use our DH, you can use your pitcher in our park if you like, but wouldn't advice it.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #57: December 17, 2009, 07:36:23 PM »
Also when AL teams play in NL parks we should be able to use our DH, you can use your pitcher in our park if you like, but wouldn't advice it.

Yeah no thanks... play by our rules.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #58: December 17, 2009, 07:43:30 PM »
AL fans are not interested in seeing the pitcher hit, might as well get the bat boy up there.

Sure, everyone wants to see the long ball but the Pitcher brings a challenge when hes at the plate!