Author Topic: Diamond Futures has Nationals @ #25  (Read 1126 times)

Offline KaneCoKeith

Diamond Futures has Nationals @ #25
« Topic Start: December 10, 2009, 04:58:43 PM »
After #3 this is not your typical list.

http://baseballnumbers-diamondfutures.blogspot.com/

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Diamond Futures has Nationals @ #25
« Reply #1: December 10, 2009, 05:05:43 PM »
After #3 this is not your typical list.

http://baseballnumbers-diamondfutures.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the forum, KaneCoKeith.

What's the deal with this diamondfutures thing?  What I mean is, where do they get their scouting reports from?  

We have a number of fans here who follow our minors very closely, it will be interesting to see where they diverge with those player ratings and discussions.  

Strasburg only an "A"?  If there are B+ ratings, no A+, or did he not warrant it?

Guess Storen couldn't be rated the same as Strasburg, that would be the only reason he would be graded lower, unless relievers get dinged for perceived position importance.

They predict Ian Desmond to start the season in AAA, but as of now he seems likely to be our opening day SS, assuming a decent spring.

Offline KaneCoKeith

« Reply #2: December 10, 2009, 05:16:49 PM »
What's the deal with this diamondfutures thing?  What I mean is, where do they get their scouting reports from? 

We have a number of fans here who follow our minors very closely, it will be interesting to see where they diverge with those player ratings and discussions. 

Strasburg only an "A"?  If there are B+ ratings, no A+, or did he not warrant it?

Diamond Futures has descriptions on their methodology on the site. 

I have been reading the main guy there since 2001 when he was the lead writer for a site called Top Prospect Alert.  He caught my attention when he was on Albert Pujols nearly a year before anyone else.  I found this site earlier this year, and found it to be pretty good.

As to how/what they do, I would ask them, but what I can tell you is that it is highly statistical and highly comparative (i.e. they have one of the most extensive Minor League databases around and compare todays players with historical players).

While they have only started from the bottom and are working their way up, my guess is that there are no A+ ratings.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: December 10, 2009, 05:18:33 PM »
Diamond Futures has descriptions on their methodology on the site. 

I have been reading the main guy there since 2001 when he was the lead writer for a site called Top Prospect Alert.  He caught my attention when he was on Albert Pujols nearly a year before anyone else.  I found this site earlier this year, and found it to be pretty good.

As to how/what they do, I would ask them, but what I can tell you is that it is highly statistical and highly comparative (i.e. they have one of the most extensive Minor League databases around and compare todays players with historical players).

While they have only started from the bottom and are working their way up, my guess is that there are no A+ ratings.

I've been kicking around for a while, pretty interesting site.  I tried to post but you have to register in some odd way.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #4: December 10, 2009, 08:55:07 PM »

Welcome here.  There a good blend of humor, naggy rants, and some decent knowledge here.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #5: December 11, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »
Welcome here.  There a good blend of humor, naggy rants, and some decent knowledge here.

Don't lie there is only nagging and rants. Any knowledge is accidental. You know the blind squirrel, monkey typewriter, or stopped clock theory.

Offline The Chief

• it's a thumb
    • http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #6: December 11, 2009, 04:16:26 PM »
Don't lie there is only nagging and rants. Any knowledge is accidental. You know the blind squirrel, monkey typewriter, or stopped clock theory.

Oh come on.  I don't think that's true at all.  Well, for some posters maybe :lol:

But we have plenty of smart, reasonable people here.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #7: December 12, 2009, 12:25:14 PM »
Actually, Naggy Rants is the name I use when I record my reggae songs.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #8: December 12, 2009, 12:31:03 PM »
hm, whats up with a few guys i havent heard of ahead of meyers?