Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 2 (L)  (Read 12962 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Quote from: "wpa2629"
Quote from: "sportsfan882"
Man, Felipe Lopez is a real a@#$%.  Screw him.  He look like he could have cared less out there today, especially on that last at-bat.

You may be right, but the book on him is that he never shows emotion - the fans rode him hard in Cincy because it "seemed" like he didn't care out there - His teammates vehemently denied that being the case, just because he doesn't show emotion, doesn't mean he's tanking it. Everything considered, he's played pretty well ... I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

when he first came over, i was thinking he didn't want to be here.  for him or kearns, you can't blame them.  but i think things have turned around.

last saturday when escobar hit that 2-run pinch hit homer you could see lopez jumping up and down with glee in the dugout.  then fox showed a replay and had him mic'd up.  he was jumping and screaming for the ball to get out.  

i think he's a fine addition.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Man, Felipe Lopez is a real a@#$%.  Screw him.  He look like he could have cared less out there today, especially on that last at-bat.

Hours late to the thread here, but are you complaining about his 9th inning at-bat where he walked on 5 pitches?

Lopez is hitting .189 right handed, I thought he did a great job to hand the baton off to Zimmerman, who has been hitting over .400 with RISP.

Offline sportsfan882

Quote from: "tomterp"

Hours late to the thread here, but are you complaining about his 9th inning at-bat where he walked on 5 pitches?

Lopez is hitting .189 right handed, I thought he did a great job to hand the baton off to Zimmerman, who has been hitting over .400 with RISP.

Lopez struck out on 3 pitches in the 9th and then headed back to the dugout like he didn't give a $hit.  And earlier in the game he gave up on a tag on a runner going to second when the runner ran off of the bag.  If he had stayed with the tag instead of complaining to the umpire, the runner would have been out.  That is the second time when I can remember Lopez doing that.

Willie Mays Hayes 00

sportsfan, im a be straight with you. I havn't heard you say a compliment or nice word about any player/coach on this team! Your attitude is really immature and absent minded.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Quote from: "Willie Mays Hayes 00"
sportsfan, im a be straight with you. I havn't heard you say a compliment or nice word about any player/coach on this team! Your attitude is really immature and absent minded.

Maybe he should change Frank's pic in his avatar for the Nats logo. From how all his posts read, it would make a lot more sense.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "tomterp"

Lopez struck out on 3 pitches in the 9th and then headed back to the dugout like he didn't give a $hit.  And earlier in the game he gave up on a tag on a runner going to second when the runner ran off of the bag.  If he had stayed with the tag instead of complaining to the umpire, the runner would have been out.  That is the second time when I can remember Lopez doing that.

You're right, I went back and looked at the play by play, I was remembering his at-bat in the 6th.