Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Nostalgia Thread  (Read 23984 times)

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
Re: Pro Wrestling Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #775: January 10, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »
and he won't be allowed to do his finisher in WWE.  just look at it, no chance in hell they allow that.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #776: January 10, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/16639/debuting-playbooks-wwe-power-rankings

interesting rankings on espn. 

they had this to say about the shield:

5. The Shield
Trending: Plus-2
Last week: 7
One of the most intriguing new factions WWE has produced in years, as all three of these newcomers have the look and ability to be huge stars in the business. But whom exactly are these guys working for? CM Punk? The Rock? Somebody else? Only time will tell as the male soap opera continues to unfold.

i thought the line about them working for somebody else was pretty interesting.  do you think this could happen?  kinda like the whole g-tv thing hahahahaha.

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #777: January 10, 2013, 12:59:29 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/16639/debuting-playbooks-wwe-power-rankings

interesting rankings on espn. 

they had this to say about the shield:

i thought the line about them working for somebody else was pretty interesting.  do you think this could happen?  kinda like the whole g-tv thing hahahahaha.

So here's a scenario:
- Punk loses to Rock
- Ryback vs. Punk on the following raw
- Shield comes out, assaults Ryback
- Punk cheers, but suddenly the Shield turns on Punk and gives him the triple power bomb
- Camera cuts to a smiling Heyman
- Storyline is that Heyman had hired the Shield to protect Punk's title, but now that Punk isn't champion, he's done with Punk and is now managing the Shield
- WM match: Ryback & Punk vs. Shield

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #778: January 10, 2013, 01:10:33 PM »
the possibilities are endless, just hope they don't screw it up. 

Offline Minty Fresh

• M. V. P.
« Reply #779: January 10, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »
So here's a scenario:
- Punk loses to Rock
- Punk cheers, but suddenly the Shield turns on Punk and gives him the triple power bomb
- Storyline is that Heyman had hired the Shield to protect Punk's title, but now that Punk isn't champion, he's done with Punk and is now managing the Shield

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #780: January 10, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »
So here's a scenario:
- Punk loses to Rock

I like the idea but that doesn't sound like Heyman. I've never seen him as much of a "snake" as this portrays him but, hey, it's a pretty awesome swerve and would be great to see. Not sure how I feel about that WM match though. I was hoping they somehow bring Austin back. Think about Punk facing Rock AND Austin within three months of each other.

I was pretty critical of the roster a year ago... One hour of Raw was squash match after squash match. And that was when Raw was two hours. The past few months, though, have been very intriguing. Barrett, Ziggler, Cesaro, Bryan, Shield (Rollins, Raines, and AMBROSE!!!), and Ryback have all been improving. They are going to be up there with Punk, Orton, Cena, Show, ADR, and Kane. Once the tag titles go to Rhodes Scholars and then whoever after, Rhodes and Sandow will be thrown into the mix. I think the Miz and Kofi are good competitors as well. Big E should get a match... all of this walking around with Ziggler and AJ thing isn't really doing anything.

With all of this talent that they've been gaining, I really think we could have something. I just wish they had better writing. Most of the promos and some of the matches have been brutal to watch. However, this past Monday night was very good. Most of the wrestlers that I mentioned above were featured... or I think all of them were, actually.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #781: January 10, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »
Oh and I also think Titus O'Neil should go the singles route.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #782: January 10, 2013, 01:25:52 PM »
GET THE TABLES!!!

rescued from the bottom of the last page :rant:

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #783: January 10, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »
won't be stone cold's shield b/c he's not a heel.

won't be rock's shield b/c they would never plug him (or stone cold) with a stable these days.

i know punk has said it isn't his, even though he's benefited from their services.

again, it could be they really are just acting on their own (which i have thought all along), but it's still fun to know there's that chance someone has them going out there (like a mcmahon or another sleeper candidate).

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #784: January 10, 2013, 02:10:38 PM »
rescued from the bottom of the last page :rant:

D-VONNNNNNNNNN

GET THE TABLESSSSSSSS

won't be stone cold's shield b/c he's not a heel.

won't be rock's shield b/c they would never plug him (or stone cold) with a stable these days.

i know punk has said it isn't his, even though he's benefited from their services.

again, it could be they really are just acting on their own (which i have thought all along), but it's still fun to know there's that chance someone has them going out there (like a mcmahon or another sleeper candidate).

I think it would be cool if they were acting on their own. It is fun to see them bash the injustice that is Cena, Ryback, Brodus Clay, and others. But that imref swerve would be interesting. At least I hope they do something like that if The Shield was actually representing someone.

In other news: We need more Brad the "Mad Ox" Maddox. I remember the Shield came out during one of his matches and beat up on the opponent... since it was unfair for Brad Maddox to be put into squash matches.

Offline Minty Fresh

• M. V. P.
« Reply #785: January 10, 2013, 03:14:33 PM »
Oh and I also think Titus O'Neil should go the singles route.

At least let the PTP run its course. 

"Millions of Dollars!  Millions of Dollars!"

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #786: January 10, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »
The Shield is just a regular ol' heel stable. Nexus Part 2.

I would have like to see them attack heels and faces alike, indiscriminately, if they were truly set to be a "Shield of Justice" or whatever.

but they're just a standard Heel Stable that jumps all the babyfaces.

has the Shield ever actually attacked Cena? I don't remember....

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #787: January 10, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »
and he won't be allowed to do his finisher in WWE.  just look at it, no chance in hell they allow that.

not when they have finishers like the Kick To The Face, The Punch In The Face, and the Elbow To The Face.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #788: January 10, 2013, 03:23:17 PM »

I would have like to see them attack heels and faces alike, indiscriminately, if they were truly set to be a "Shield of Justice" or whatever.

They've attacked Heel's (or attempted to) and Cena.

For the Heel's, they went after Big Show, Sandow and Rhodes, and Alberto Del Rio (mostly Ricardo) when he was heel.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #789: January 10, 2013, 04:48:40 PM »

i'm 98% sure they have ... it would be cool if they didn't and that helped spark his heel turn (again not happening).

and can't tell if you were sarcastic or not about the finisher.

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #790: January 10, 2013, 05:45:30 PM »

This man:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• Lets go to work
« Reply #791: January 10, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure Shield will square off against Ryback, Orton and someone else at WM.

Thing is... they pretty much have to win, or the months of randomly beating up superstars will not really be worth it.

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #792: January 10, 2013, 09:28:25 PM »
the tag team of Aries and Roode debuts tonight in TNA, this will be fun to watch.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #793: January 12, 2013, 04:40:11 AM »
The Rock / Rhodes Scholars segment on Smackdown was so freaking funny

The Rock's Return to Smackdown 11/1/2013, Segment with Rhodes Scholars

It's weird to watch Smackdown with how edited it is so there isn't much of a live feel because of all the crowd noises being muted... but man that was good stuff.

« Reply #794: January 12, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »
I miss the Bushwhackers.

Offline Minty Fresh

• M. V. P.
« Reply #795: January 12, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »
I miss the Bushwhackers.

My brother wrestled with them a few times.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #796: January 14, 2013, 10:54:13 PM »
cena

Offline Lintyfresh85

• Lets go to work
« Reply #797: January 14, 2013, 11:16:17 PM »
Another solid interaction between The Rock and Punk.

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #798: January 15, 2013, 12:06:00 AM »
Beotch, you look horrible tonight.....

Classic stuff.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• In the market for lavish mansions 'n NBA expansion
« Reply #799: January 15, 2013, 06:45:27 AM »
Who were three dudes dressed like North Hollywood BJ hustlers beating up on the Irish dude (Seamus)?  My wife couldn't stop commenting on their asses. :smh: