Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Nostalgia Thread  (Read 37419 times)

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
Re: Pro Wrestling Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #925: February 20, 2013, 11:16:53 PM »
i wonder if they even keep him.  mark henry vs. del rio doesn't do it for me ... they just had del rio feud with Big Show.  no need for another giant.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #926: February 21, 2013, 06:50:37 AM »
It was after the Smackdown taping too where he managed to beat Randy Orton (smackdown spoiler)... Not many people are able to do that. They were really behind Swagger's push too. He's probably done for.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #927: February 21, 2013, 11:50:06 PM »
It looks like the angle may still be going. WeThePeopleZeb youtube account uploaded another video a couple of hours ago. Awesome.

Online Lintyfresh85

• Next year, maybe?
« Reply #928: February 22, 2013, 04:49:54 PM »
It looks like the angle may still be going. WeThePeopleZeb youtube account uploaded another video a couple of hours ago. Awesome.

I think maybe they replace Swagger with someone else... and say Swagger wasn't truly committed to We(ed) the People.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #929: February 22, 2013, 05:14:12 PM »
I think maybe they replace Swagger with someone else... and say Swagger wasn't truly committed to We(ed) the People.

The video was about jobs and how the immigrants steal em. Swagger was in it as well. It was most likely a prerecorded video since it had the same background as the 'immigrants' video. I hope they keep Swagger on it. He was looking pretty good. It's his own dumb fault, and he should be punished, but I'd like to at least see this play out until Mania cause we all know Ziggler is going to get the belt at Mania.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #930: February 22, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »
this is swagger's america ... and we're all just living in it. 

WE THE PEOPLE

Online imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
« Reply #931: February 22, 2013, 05:36:14 PM »
F4W:

--WWE got some mainstream press by announcing they were inviting Glenn Beck to Raw on Monday.  Beck ripped WWE on TheBlaze TV yesterday calling them stupid.  WWE in the press release actually wrote, "The storyline was developed to build the Mexican American character Del Rio into a hero given WWE's large Latino base, which represents 20 percent of our audience."

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #932: February 23, 2013, 01:51:54 AM »
again ... as a republican, i find NO offense to the jack swagger character/angle ...

this is such a sensitive country, my goodness.  what the hell happened.

Offline Minty Fresh

• Let's Do This
« Reply #933: February 23, 2013, 09:34:34 AM »
again ... as a republican, i find NO offense to the jack swagger character/angle ...

I also think there's a huge difference between Republicans and whacko-Republicans.  And then there's the TEA Party which has been overrun with morons.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #934: February 23, 2013, 11:35:44 AM »
I also think there's a huge difference between Republicans and whacko-Republicans.  And then there's the TEA Party which has been overrun with morons.

but it's both sides ... of course there are sensitive liberals (just like the sensitive hard core right wingers) who take so much offense to this.

it's freaking wrestling.  it's all just an act.  bad guys say bad things about people and whatever cities they're in.  as long as they aren't going too far like A.W. did w/ the kobe joke, everyone should know it's just an angle.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• Nats hitters = Maggie Lizer
« Reply #935: February 23, 2013, 03:23:57 PM »

People have been hypersensitive for a while.  The namby pamby liberal/gay mafia killed the Goldust gimmick at its height, just when it was generating massive heel heat, all because it was "insensitive."

I do think it's hilarious that people get so worked up over what goes on in wrestling.  RASSLIN=SRS BIDNESS

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #936: February 23, 2013, 03:43:59 PM »
People have been hypersensitive for a while.  The namby pamby liberal/gay mafia killed the Goldust gimmick at its height, just when it was generating massive heel heat, all because it was "insensitive."

I do think it's hilarious that people get so worked up over what goes on in wrestling.  RASSLIN=SRS BIDNESS

DEY TERK HIS JERB

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Online imref

« Reply #938: February 24, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »
Greatest facebook page ever:  https://www.facebook.com/RicFlairNatureBoy

Online Lintyfresh85

• Next year, maybe?
« Reply #939: February 25, 2013, 08:16:34 PM »
BLOOOOOOOOD!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #940: February 25, 2013, 09:25:05 PM »
SOOOO MUCH BLOOD

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #941: February 25, 2013, 11:07:40 PM »
i heart hhh

Online Lintyfresh85

• Next year, maybe?
« Reply #942: February 25, 2013, 11:10:22 PM »
2013 MOTY right there.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #943: February 25, 2013, 11:15:59 PM »
fantastic RAW from the start.

sorry but if it's just rock vs. cena at wrestlemania, i may not watch.  or i'll just get it and watch everything else.

you have to add punk to the mix.  i love rock.  love cm punk.  i can tolerate cena if he's with the others. 

Online Lintyfresh85

• Next year, maybe?
« Reply #944: February 26, 2013, 12:05:07 AM »
Massive blood and a move we haven't seen in years, in one show?

Awesome!

Online Lintyfresh85

• Next year, maybe?
« Reply #945: February 26, 2013, 12:17:18 AM »
Also...

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #946: February 26, 2013, 06:57:08 AM »
Massive blood and a move we haven't seen in years, in one show?

Awesome!

The piledriver and the Batista Bomb were excellent. The match was excellent. The random super cena stuff is complete bullcrap, though. Cena immediately catching Punk in an FU after he gets hit with a high knee is crap. Cena moving into the ring with 1 second left only to act dead again is crap. Cena doing another FU after breaking out of a piledriver is crap. The guy needs to stop being pushed to the top of the world. It does nothing for the other talent.

Like this crap needs to stop

Online imref

« Reply #947: February 26, 2013, 01:12:58 PM »
12 staples to close the gash in Lesnar's head, but he's fine according to F4W.

The Cena punk match was truly awesome, but the wrong guy won.  My only hope is that the future program is Rock losing to Cena at WM, Punk beating Undertaker, and Punk taking the title back from Cena.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #948: February 26, 2013, 03:55:18 PM »
12 staples to close the gash in Lesnar's head, but he's fine according to F4W.

The Cena punk match was truly awesome, but the wrong guy won.  My only hope is that the future program is Rock losing to Cena at WM, Punk beating Undertaker, and Punk taking the title back from Cena.

Cena is obviously winning at WM. What better way to put your rising star in the industry over than to win the WWE title from the most electrifying man in sports entertainment.

freak this company.

Pretty nuts about Brock and the stitches, though. That was so awesome. Here's my guess for the WM card and it's results:

Once in a Lifetime II - John Cena
Brock vs HHH - Triple H
Punk vs Undertaker - Undertaker
Del Rio vs Swagger - Del Rio w/ Ziggler cashing in
3 faces vs Shield - The 3 Faces (Orton/???(Sheamus?)/???(Ryback?))
Sheamus vs Barrett - Sheamus (if this is a match)
Cesaro vs Miz again - Miz probably
Whatever match Kane and Bryan are in, Bryan will lose... whether it's tag matches or the singles match to break the two apart.

Potentials:
Jericho vs Ryback - Ryback (since this was a speculated match a month ago).
Jericho vs Ziggler - Ziggler (since they were having a feud when Jericho got back).

Online imref

« Reply #949: February 26, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »
F4W reports:

Vince McMahon flipped his lid backstage because the piledriver is illegal (unless it's a tombstone and your name is Undertaker or Kane) and Cena and Punk did that spot without his permission.