Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Nostalgia Thread  (Read 43517 times)

Offline imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
Re: Pro Wrestling Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #800: January 15, 2013, 09:01:32 AM »
Who were three dudes dressed like North Hollywood BJ hustlers beating up on the Irish dude (Seamus)?  My wife couldn't stop commenting on their asses. :smh:

"The Shield" - three new guys they are pushing as the next big thing.  Seth Rollins was Tyler Black in ROH.   Dean Ambrose was an indy guy for a while.  Roman Reigns (the big guy) is yet another member of the Samoan "Anoa'i" family.  He's the son of Sika of the wild samoans and is the brother of "Rosey" who was in WWE several years ago.  Cousins include the Usos, Yokozuna, The Rock, Rikishi, and Umaga.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #801: January 15, 2013, 09:48:49 AM »
"The Shield" - three new guys they are pushing as the next big thing.  Seth Rollins was Tyler Black in ROH.   Dean Ambrose was an indy guy for a while.  Roman Reigns (the big guy) is yet another member of the Samoan "Anoa'i" family.  He's the son of Sika of the wild samoans and is the brother of "Rosey" who was in WWE several years ago.  Cousins include the Usos, Yokozuna, The Rock, Rikishi, and Umaga.

he was talking about 3MB, not the Shield.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #802: January 15, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »

Yeah, it was 3MB at the time.

wwe writers are really making me hate cena

Offline imref

« Reply #803: January 15, 2013, 12:30:32 PM »
he was talking about 3MB, not the Shield.

ah sorry, yeah, the exact opposite, three guys still looking for a decent gimmick. :)

Offline imref

« Reply #804: January 15, 2013, 12:31:11 PM »
Yeah, it was 3MB at the time.

wwe writers are really making me hate cena

just wait until he beats Rock at WM to regain the title. :)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #805: January 15, 2013, 12:42:33 PM »
just wait until he beats Rock at WM to regain the title. :)

I feel like this will happen (i hope):

Punk defeats Rock at RR
Stone Cold enters as #30. Wins the RR.
Stone Cold vs Punk at WM

at least I hope... but since The Rock said he was going to win the belt last year, he probably will.

Cena, though, is just unreal and awful. He makes every wrestler look inferior. Ziggler looks like complete crap now. Cena has broken out of every signature that Ziggler has done for two weeks now... and won. Way to put people over Cena and WWE. You really know how to book them.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #806: January 15, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »
heath slater is awesome. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #807: January 15, 2013, 01:59:33 PM »
There celebration was fantastic last night. Heath was on the shoulders of Drew McIntyre and just pumping his fists. That was awesome.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #808: January 15, 2013, 02:25:09 PM »
i liked RAW last night.  it's getting better, that's the good thing.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #809: January 15, 2013, 02:33:15 PM »
Everything last night was great, except for maybe the whole Super Cena part and a lot of what Miz was doing. Cesaro shooting was awesome.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #810: January 15, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
the miz/flair was a bit awkward, but i like flair, so i said what the hell.

Offline BigMeech

• ^Did Nothing Wrong.
« Reply #811: January 15, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »
Ric Flair made face-Miz bearable for once.  Bless him.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #812: January 15, 2013, 02:51:27 PM »
the miz/flair was a bit awkward, but i like flair, so i said what the hell.

It was very awkward... but I think a lot of it was because of Miz. I like Miz but he just doesn't make sense sometimes. And stop saying "Really?" a hundred times.

Cesaro, though, damn I need to watch that shooting when I get home. "This no longer refers to the four horseman (holding out four fingers) rather it refers to your four ex-wives"... boom.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #813: January 15, 2013, 02:52:13 PM »
supposedly, the plan is for Punk to wrestle The Undertaker at WM.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #814: January 15, 2013, 02:53:55 PM »
supposedly, the plan is for Punk to wrestle The Undertaker at WM.

So Punk is definitely losing the belt to The Rock... and then losing to Taker at WM. Great... Cena vs Rock for the belt and Cena wins obviously. Thanks WWE. You're doing a great job pushing this young guy Cena.

Offline BigMeech

• ^Did Nothing Wrong.
« Reply #815: January 15, 2013, 02:54:26 PM »
I'd prefer it if Punk/Undertaker was for the belt at Wrestlemania but that's just me.  I just think it would add some intrigue in the sense that we all know Undertaker would end up winning but at the same time, we can't see him holding the WWE Championship either seeing as he only wrestles once a year.

Either that or Brock/Taker.  I don't think anyone wants to see HHH/Brock II.

At this point they should just leave HHH off of Wrestlemania.

OR they could do Brock/Punk in a battle for Paul Heyman's affection.  Idk.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #816: January 15, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »
I would love to see Brock vs Taker... I also think they had bad blood off screen for awhile.. or supposedly did.

Put Kane vs Bryan vs Taker in a triple threat match for some reason. Or Cesaro. lol

But please don't do Cena vs Rock. You can't do that. You said once in a lifetime and The Rock won. Don't make it twice in a lifetime and then have Cena beat The Rock last.

Offline BigMeech

• ^Did Nothing Wrong.
« Reply #817: January 15, 2013, 03:00:24 PM »
Brock/Taker would be fantastic and would probably be around the same level as Brock/Cena at Extreme Rules last year, which was the Match of the Year for 2012 imo.

Yeah, I don't want to see Cena/Rock II either but you knew they weren't just going to have Rock beat Cena and then be done with it even with the "Once in a Lifetime" tagline.  It'll probably end up being good like last year so it won't be that awful but still. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #818: January 15, 2013, 03:04:49 PM »
Brock/Taker would be fantastic and would probably be around the same level as Brock/Cena at Extreme Rules last year, which was the Match of the Year for 2012 imo.

Yeah, I don't want to see Cena/Rock II either but you knew they weren't just going to have Rock beat Cena and then be done with it even with the "Once in a Lifetime" tagline.  It'll probably end up being good like last year so it won't be that awful but still. 

It'll be an excellent match, which I look for the most, but feud wise/storyline wise, it doesn't make sense.

I was just trying to spitball a bunch of feuds for WM and it's hard to mix and match...

I was thinking something like:

Punk vs Austin - WWE Title
Bryan vs Jericho
Brock vs Taker
Rhodes Scholars vs PTP or something - Tag Belts
Cesaro vs Sheamus - US Champ
ADR vs Ziggler - WHC
Big Show vs Wade Barrett vs Kane - Intercontinental Champ

which leaves HHH, Cena, Rocky, Shield, Ryback somewhere... they'll probably do Rock vs Cena... but you know HHH wants a feud somewhere at WM.

There won't be that many bookings obviously but it'd be entertaining as hell if there were.

Offline BigMeech

• ^Did Nothing Wrong.
« Reply #819: January 15, 2013, 03:12:40 PM »
They're probably going to go with something like this:

WWE Title: (C) The Rock vs John Cena
World Heavyweight Title: (C) Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler
The Undertaker vs CM Punk
Randy Orton vs Sheamus
Brock Lesnar vs Triple H
Team Hell No & Chris Jericho (or someone else but idk who.  Maybe Mick Foley if he can still wrestle) vs The Shield
The Big Show vs Ryback
Intercontinental Title: (C) Wade Barrett vs Richie Steamboat w/ Ricky Steamboat

They'll probably throw in an United States Championship match as well with Cesaro defending against someone who is Pro-America or w/e or they'll just throw him in a tag match with Wade Barrett against two people.  The card that they're going with looks fine and would probably end up being pretty good but it still could be so much better.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #820: January 15, 2013, 03:15:03 PM »
They're probably going to go with something like this:

WWE Title: (C) The Rock vs John Cena
World Heavyweight Title: (C) Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler
The Undertaker vs CM Punk
Randy Orton vs Sheamus
Brock Lesnar vs Triple H
Team Hell No & Chris Jericho (or someone else but idk who.  Maybe Mick Foley if he can still wrestle) vs The Shield
The Big Show vs Ryback
Intercontinental Title: (C) Wade Barrett vs Richie Steamboat w/ Ricky Steamboat

They'll probably throw in an United States Championship match as well with Cesaro defending against someone who is Pro-America or w/e or they'll just throw him in a tag match with Wade Barrett against two people.  The card that they're going with looks fine and would probably end up being pretty good but it still could be so much better.

Yeah. This seems much more likely but I choose to ignore their booking style. This will be a great card either way.

I think Jericho and Bryan deserve singles matches but it'll most likely be that. Everything else seems likely. Unfortunate that they're reusing two matches from last years PPV (Rock/Cena and Brock/HHH) but knowing them, they need to give Cena and HHH their victories.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #821: January 15, 2013, 03:17:15 PM »
i want to see trips vs. anyone.  get him back.  now.

Offline BigMeech

• ^Did Nothing Wrong.
« Reply #822: January 15, 2013, 03:23:02 PM »
I could understand them wanting to give Cena his win back over The Rock seeing as he's the full time draw in the company, but idk why they're going to give HHH his win back.  He's basically retired and has nothing to gain from it outside of creative probably feeling that they have nothing else for Brock to do and HHH wants to be on the card.

It's a damn shame the WWE has somewhat wasted Brock since his return.  Idk how many dates he has under his contract but I would have loved to have seen Brock/Punk at some point before Punk turned heel.  They probably wasted a bunch of dates during Brock's feud with Cena and that caused them to basically keep him off of TV for months on end.

I had no problem with Brock basically killing HHH at Summerslam to establish him as a force again but having two of his three matches against HHH is bad booking imo.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #823: January 15, 2013, 03:29:15 PM »
I could understand them wanting to give Cena his win back over The Rock seeing as he's the full time draw in the company, but idk why they're going to give HHH his win back.  He's basically retired and has nothing to gain from it outside of creative probably feeling that they have nothing else for Brock to do and HHH wants to be on the card.

It's a damn shame the WWE has somewhat wasted Brock since his return.  Idk how many dates he has under his contract but I would have loved to have seen Brock/Punk at some point before Punk turned heel.  They probably wasted a bunch of dates during Brock's feud with Cena and that caused them to basically keep him off of TV for months on end.

I had no problem with Brock basically killing HHH at Summerslam to establish him as a force again but having two of his three matches against HHH is bad booking imo.

It's terrible booking. I like HHH a lot but as of recent times, his matches have been just as predictable as Cena matches. I think he just wants the love still, which he does deserve, but I bet he asked to put himself in a match and to get a win so everyone can cheer his name on the largest stage.

Brock was definitely wasted as well. A Taker/Brock would be AWESOME though.

Offline BigMeech

• ^Did Nothing Wrong.
« Reply #824: January 15, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »
Funniest part about HHH was after his match at Summerslam, they were trying to get a sympathy cheer for HHH or w/e when he refused to be helped out of the arena yet the fans booed instead.  That goes to show how much people really care about HHH at this point.  I love HHH too but he shouldn't face Brock two times, especially at Wrestlemania.  Let Brock put on another GOAT match against someone like Undertaker or CM Punk.

Idk how many feel this way but from what I've seen from Brock in the last year, he might just be one of the best wrestlers in the world lol.