Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Nostalgia Thread  (Read 23891 times)

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
Re: Pro Wrestling Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #650: December 18, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
when RR went after the shield last night that was awesome. 

i know it won't happen, but cena going heel would be a HUGE thing for WWE.  I understand why they are torn, b/c from a PR standpoint - the guy is a saint in the community and stand-up dude, etc.  But from a storyline angle, it'd be easy to turn him.

they've done it with triple h, they did it with stone cold, etc. 

so long as they are PG focused, i don't think they can turn him, he's too important to their merchandising.  He's also one of the top "make-a-wish" participants.

Happy to see ADR turn face, he's one of the more under-utilized talents in the promotion. 

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #651: December 18, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »
that was such BS ... didn't justin roberts even say there was no harm.  i hate that crap.

whatever, obviously daniel bryan has shown he's an elite wrestler, entertaining performer and has what it takes to be a main eventer.  never complains about jobbing for others, etc. 

when he and ambrose square off in a main event in the next year or so, it's gonna be legendary.  i'd like to see a cactus jack vs. HHH type match between those two.

they do finally have a pretty good core of potential stars - bryan, barrett, ambrose, miz, del rio, etc.  Now if they don't end up all becoming squash opponents for ryback I'll be happy.

Anyone going to the Raw taping in D.C. on 12/29?

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #652: December 18, 2012, 04:55:01 PM »
so long as they are PG focused, i don't think they can turn him, he's too important to their merchandising.  He's also one of the top "make-a-wish" participants.

Happy to see ADR turn face, he's one of the more under-utilized talents in the promotion. 

that's why it's hard.  they do have some up and coming face guys, but cena (whether good or bad) gets the merch sales as a rock/HHH/stone cold would. 

the PG stuff has got to go. 

and the thing is there are plenty of heel wrestlers who do the make-a-wish stuff and kind acts, but still play a heel on TV.  i guess with him it's so hard, b/c he's noted as such a giver/straight edge dude. 

but man i think they could have some serious heels in this company led by him and then you can set up a card looking something like this at wrestlemania:

rock vs. cena (rematch)
trips vs. brock (rematch)
austin vs. punk
bryan vs. ambrose

okay i'm getting ahead of myself, sorry.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #653: December 18, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »
also, ADR and Miz turning face will undoubtedly lead to Randy Orton turning heel when he returns after the Royal Rumble.

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #654: December 18, 2012, 05:07:25 PM »
also, ADR and Miz turning face will undoubtedly lead to Randy Orton turning heel when he returns after the Royal Rumble.

until his next suspension. :)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• Lets go to work
« Reply #655: December 18, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »
Would have loved The Shield to stuck Flair last night and draw some juice as you never see it anymore... But that visual would have made them even bigger stars.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #656: December 18, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »
randy orton can be a main eventer face or a heel.  he just needs to stop getting hurt/suspended.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #657: December 18, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »
Orton needs to be heel. Jericho needs to come back. And certain wrestlers need pushes while others need new feuds... then I think we got something going. The PG era is god awful... there are so many possibilities that are held back.

I mean, why the hell did Cena come out and interrupt Ziggler's chance at a cash in... The biggest babyface in the industry does one of the most heel things imaginable. He also let Flair almost get his ass kicked. That's when you turn him heel. It would be most excellent.

I can't wait to see Barret and Cesaro in the WHC hunt in the future. Cesaro is one hell of a wrestler.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #658: December 18, 2012, 08:31:54 PM »

hahahahaha look who's behind king.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #659: December 18, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »
this has been an excellent smackdown

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #660: December 18, 2012, 09:22:33 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

hahahahaha look who's behind king.

It would have been better if Lannan was sitting next to him.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #661: December 19, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
Christmas Raw is going to suck. I kind of want to go to the Raw house show at Verizon center... but it sucks it isn't actually live.

I'm looking forward to next year's wrestling. A lot of talent that I like right now so there's tons of potential. We know we're going to get Jericho and The Rock back. Lesnar has one or two PPV's left. Austin might make an appearance. Daniel Bryan's title reign should happen. Cesaro, Barrett, and Ambrose should be getting some work.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #662: December 19, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »
xmas raw spoilers are available as it was taped last night.  pondering whether to just read them, b/c i don't think i'll be able to watch next week.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #663: December 19, 2012, 09:52:38 AM »
xmas raw spoilers are available as it was taped last night.  pondering whether to just read them, b/c i don't think i'll be able to watch next week.

I read them. It's crap.

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #664: December 19, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »

ADR is back to being a heel

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #665: December 19, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »

Everything pointed to that being true until the match. He actually apologized for hitting Santa and said he didn't mean too

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #666: December 19, 2012, 11:18:19 AM »

not really.  you can have two good guys fight.  it's been pretty much announced that he is turning face.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #667: December 19, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »
not really.  you can have two good guys fight.  it's been pretty much announced that he is turning face.

He's referring to the events at the beginning of the show.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #668: December 19, 2012, 11:45:58 AM »

i get that.  but it could be kind of a funny scene.  especially if he felt so bad about it.

i know the rock/stone cold/dx used to mess with santa back in the day.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #669: December 19, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »
They need more Heel vs Heel fights. Lesnar and Kurt Angle matches/promos were awesome back then.

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #670: December 19, 2012, 12:10:45 PM »

i saw on one of the recaps that the writers changed their mind about turning ADR face.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #671: December 19, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »
i saw on one of the recaps that the writers changed their mind about turning ADR face.

I think he could work as a face. I just hope that means Randy Orton would eventually turn Heel. He worked much better as a heel.

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #672: December 27, 2012, 10:07:29 PM »
Anyone see Roode vs. Aries on TNA tonight?  The story was that they were both heels, with a similar bag of tricks, and they both kept getting frustrated because every time one of them would try and pull a trick, the other was expecting it.  The sequence at the end was fantastic.

they both went to the outside for a chair, and the ref stopped them, so they looked at each other and decided to beat up the ref together.  Once the ref was out of the ring, then they raced to get the chair.

Great stuff.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• Lets go to work
« Reply #673: December 27, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »
I watched the NWO: The Revenge documentary on Netflix tonight.

Pretty good. Wish they spent more time on Sting fighting back, though.

Offline imref

• Like my arm slot?
« Reply #674: December 27, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »
I watched the NWO: The Revenge documentary on Netflix tonight.

Pretty good. Wish they spent more time on Sting fighting back, though.

we had a big watching party for the Hogan/Sting match with Hart as the enforcer, it was absolutely terrible, especially after a year of build-up.