Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1  (Read 42991 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #100: September 15, 2009, 08:29:18 PM »
They owned the team during the '06 draft and offseason.  Don't get cute - your statement was incorrect.  I get your point, but it was still incorrect.

I think you and the LAC bunch need to realize that the Lerners, aside from obviously making some mistakes, have also been faced with a lot more than the average adversity faced by owners of a rebuilding team.  If they cheap out this offseason, I will be as pissed as anyone, but let's not jump to conclusions about their performance thus far.

i'm no trying to nibble.  i meant what i said and i later included w/ 07 being their first full year.

and adversity?  outside of the crappy TV deal and a crummy farm system what have they faced? 

not saying spending money saves all, but it's a start.  they have spent some on the farm system (which i have applauded them for), but rarely anything on the major league product since taking over.  and it shows.  lol back-to-back 100 loss seasons with tons of work left to do to get better.

whatever that's enough lerner bashing for me tonight.  bull durham is on.  i think that team could beat the nats.