Author Topic: The Bryce Harper Watch  (Read 188619 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Re: The Bryce Harper Watch
« Reply #325: May 08, 2010, 12:07:32 AM »
Of course.  Until the draft, nobody can be any team's official pick.
I know it's not "official", but how true is it that us taking him isn't a done deal?

I watched Drew Pomeranz tonight from Ole Miss play the Razorbacks and we got after him. He or the coach wussed out and walked(first IBB issued in Pomeranz's career)the best player in college baseball, 3B Zack Cox, and Brett Eibner(SEC leader in HRs) made him pay with a three run bomb. First time this year Drew Pomeranz left a game with a deficit and first time since last year he recorded a loss.

Anthony Ranaudo has fallen apart this year. We better not take him first. Loved him preseason, but LSU and him are in a hell not fully described as being a "slump".

I just can't see who we would take over Bryce Harper. If we take a high schooler over Bryce Harper, I'll freak out. This guy has too much of an upside compared to the other guys. Atleast with a college guy we can claim "sure thing for a contending team".

The best college batter in the nation is Zack Cox who is going to make somebody an amazing 3B or 2B and #3 hitter for a decade, but even as a Razorback fan who thinks Zack Cox is verging on being the undisputed God of college baseball, I don't want us taking him over Harper. Harper just has too much potential. Cox is great, but Harper may be the most devastating force ever to step on a baseball field once he has matured, is about 20, and is the product of a major league offseason program.