Author Topic: Hardware/OS Geek Thread  (Read 53080 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Re: Hardware/OS Geek Thread
« Reply #250: October 22, 2009, 09:23:08 AM »
so I'm still thinking about the Laptop I want to get in the future.

I'm really thinking now, that I want just a pretty decent laptop (aka, not a total pile of crap) that is relatively inexpensive for the hardware itself. I'm looking for something in the 200-300 dollar range, which is why I am considering a Netbook.

I don't think I care much about the software, I'll go with more free/open source stuff.  I'm not a Corporate User, so I'm not sure why I should bother paying for a lot of software when there is plenty of free crap that will do the job just fine for me.

Still a little nervous about possibly switching to Linux. No Chrome for Linux, no Media Go (for my PSPgo when I get it) from what I can tell. I don't think I'll get a "gaming" laptop, so games don't really matter, as long as the computer is capable of running the latest version of Flash. never worked with any operating system other than Windows. also, I don't think my internet (Cricket Mobile Broadband) works with Linux either.

but most of my main applications are Web-based, so I shoul theoretically be good on that end.