Author Topic: Nationals vs Padres, Game 1 Postgame Discussion  (Read 1947 times)

Oh, I enjoy myself every game I go to...but the facts about last night speak for themselves.  Regardless of whether one loves or hates Chico's writing, his gamer had this chestnut:

"In a sense, this game offered no stunning boneheaded plays, no lowlights for the ages. The futility was so complete, so expansive, that it lacked a central point."

Ha.

There are some around here who are dismissive of the "just happy to have baseball back after 300 years" camp, but I don't think that being "just happy" necessarily grants permanent immunity to the team's ownership and management...I'll be a fan and go to games even if they went 0-162, but I'd be a pissed fan.  I guess this is why spectator sports and mental illness are so closely correlated.    

I like Chico's account of Dunn bungling around in the outfield for a ball like a child (or something to that effect). The images that come to mind are hilarious. :lol: and depressing :( .

And I don't get any sense that anyone is happy with how the team has done this season. It's just we all have different ways of dealing with it.