John Patterson, RHP (3-2, 2.91)
Doug Davis, LHP (9-7, 4.11)
MLB.com Scouting Report:
Patterson was outstanding in his last start against the Phillies, July 9, though he got a no decision. He allowed just two hits in seven shutout innings, which lowered his ERA to 2.91. He's allowed no more than two runs in each of his last three starts.
Davis was denied three times in his bid to be the Brewers' first 10-game winner before the All-Star break since 1986. But he had no reason to be bummed; all three of those starts were "quality" (three or fewer earned runs in six or more innings) -- including his final start before the break, an eight-inning gem in which he allowed just one run. Six of his nine wins have come at Miller Park.
1. Brad Wilkerson, 1B Brady Clark, CF
2. Marlon Byrd, LF Rickie Weeks, 2B
3. Jose Vidro, 2B Lyle Overbay, 1B
4. Jose Guillen, RF Carlos Lee, LF
5. Preston Wilson, CF Geoff Jenkins, RF
6. Vinny Castilla, 3B Bill Hall, SS
7. Brian Schneider, C Russell Branyan, 3B
8. Cristian Guzman, SS Damian Miller, C
9. John Patterson, P Doug Davis, P