Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1  (Read 17213 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #300: June 29, 2009, 10:47:12 PM »
hell yes. Knight and Holliday are dogging Tavarez. :clap:

too bad Acta and Rizzo are wusses.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #301: June 29, 2009, 10:47:13 PM »
Didn't we just pick up somebody from Seattle with great AAA stats, in a trade for Langerhans (who I think played there ONE game, after a trade from Atlanta, before we got him the next day.)

The operative words are "great AAA stats". Morse isn't bad, but you can say that about all the mediocre talent they have run through here. You need to have great players. Morse is a decent bat, but he is not known to be great defensively. He's likely more of a utility guy if he ever sees the big leagues again. I doubt he'd be any more than temporary filler. We need legit top guys at all positions.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #302: June 29, 2009, 10:51:27 PM »

I couldn't hear a word Acta said, it's as if the mics were off.  What did he say this time?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #303: June 29, 2009, 10:54:34 PM »
I couldn't hear a word Acta said, it's as if the mics were off.  What did he say this time?
they played a 5 second clip of him saying that when he went out to the mound to talk to Tavarez he told him just to throw the ball simply and down the middle and not do all of that goofy crap that he usually does.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #304: June 29, 2009, 10:57:10 PM »
Looks like I didn't miss much tonight.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #305: June 29, 2009, 11:00:29 PM »
Olsen pitched a good 7 innings- that was cool

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #306: June 29, 2009, 11:00:37 PM »
Looks like I didn't miss much tonight.

Same game, different night.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #307: June 29, 2009, 11:00:58 PM »
Olsen pitched a good 7 innings- that was cool
I saw that. I might have to go watch the replay on mlb.com.

Did he have good velocity?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #308: June 29, 2009, 11:01:41 PM »
The operative words are "great AAA stats". Morse isn't bad, but you can say that about all the mediocre talent they have run through here. You need to have great players. Morse is a decent bat, but he is not known to be great defensively. He's likely more of a utility guy if he ever sees the big leagues again. I doubt he'd be any more than temporary filler. We need legit top guys at all positions.

isn't he batting .300 in the majors in 300 ABs or something?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #309: June 29, 2009, 11:02:19 PM »
I saw that. I might have to go watch the replay on mlb.com.

Did he have good velocity?

Increased, for sure.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #310: June 29, 2009, 11:02:23 PM »
As Dibble said his Fastball and Change are to close in MPH

Fastball around 89 most night
Change 83

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #311: June 29, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »

My impression is that Seattle wanted Langerhans, whom we wanted to unload, and Seattle wanted to unload Mike Morse, who has never had 500 ABs in the minors or majors.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/M/Mike-Morse.shtml

Morse had been all but eliminated from the Mariners’ future plans after injuring his shoulder and missing extended time in 2008. The shortstop/third baseman/outfielder had spent all of 2009 at Triple-A Tacoma, where he posted a respectable batting line of .312/10/52 in 66 games this season... The departure of Morse should be viewed as a benefit to both the team and the player. Morse had virtually no role with the Mariners but should compete for playing time with the lowly Nationals.  He was never able to stay healthy when it mattered and paid the price for his injuries by spending significant time stashed away at Triple-A.

:panic:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #312: June 29, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »
I should register lowlynationals.com, .net, .org, etc.  We'd probably get a ton of extra traffic :roll:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #313: June 29, 2009, 11:20:25 PM »

Good grief, he's pitched 31 innings and has a 3.73 ERA, and this is who they are choosing to pick on?? Do they EVER have anything bad about the sucky offense???

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #314: June 29, 2009, 11:26:29 PM »
Good grief, he's pitched 31 innings and has a 3.73 ERA, and this is who they are choosing to pick on?? Do they EVER have anything bad about the sucky offense???
ERA doesn't tell the whole story.  It seems like everyone in our bullpen allow inherited runners to score.  Agreed that there are worse pitchers in the pen though.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #315: June 29, 2009, 11:28:10 PM »
I've seen that movie a ton of times but never noticed Crosby and Hope in that audience.  :rofl:

They just showed them.  The camera pans slowly on the crowd while someone's on the high wire.  They're both looking up while eating popcorn.  (I'll bet all the theater operators showing the film in 1952 loved that ad.)  The first time I'd seen any part of it at all was at my brother's house.  2 minutes pass, and I started laughing when I saw them, since it was just a gag and they had no lines.

At 153 minutes, any network other than TCM probably edited the hell out of it.  They should have cut an hour from it before releasing it.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #316: June 29, 2009, 11:29:22 PM »
way too many walks for a 15+ year veteran reliever. same with Villone. these guys are frauds.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #317: June 29, 2009, 11:32:24 PM »
i'm confident this team will never beat the marlins

and you know, if we ever get close to the playoffs, the last series of the year, which would decide it all, will be vs. the marlins

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #318: June 29, 2009, 11:33:55 PM »
ERA doesn't tell the whole story.  

No I realize that, and Julian has had a couple of games where he has flat out stunk but on the whole he seems to do his job more than most out there.  I just thought their whole tone when they were talking about Julian was pretty pissy tonight, and I just don't see how he warrants that type of derision from the normally "golly people these guys are trying reeeeaaalllly hard, i promise!" ray knight.  

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #319: June 29, 2009, 11:34:45 PM »
way too many walks for a 15+ year veteran reliever. same with Villone. these guys are frauds.

Yes, as is everyone on this team when they don't win, we get it.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #320: June 29, 2009, 11:41:13 PM »
tavarez isn't the worst we have. if i could get rid of the bullpen, this is the order i'd go:

colome
hanrahan
villone
tavarez
macdougal
clippard (for potential only, really)
beimel

edit because i forgot mcdogcrap

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #321: June 29, 2009, 11:44:25 PM »
tavarez isn't the worst we have. if i could get rid of the bullpen, this is the order i'd go:

colome
hanrahan
villone
tavarez
beimel
I'd say that's about right, though I don't know about the order of Hanrahan and Colome, they seem to be competing for the 'top' spot.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #322: June 29, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »

colome
hanrahan
villone
tavarez
beimel
I'd agree with that but just because he is the best of the worst doesn't mean anything.

Villone, Joel, and Colome are on the "don't use" list. Tavarez is nearing that status. Beimel has struggled recently. MacDougal has been fine in save situations. Clippard hasn't gotten a shot yet.

Bergmann should be up over Colome no question. such an albatross

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #323: June 29, 2009, 11:54:43 PM »
the only reason colome is up here is because he's manny's amigo

"These guy Huff hit ball a long way ageenst every guy.  This guys Guthrie and Bass have great stuffs.  Take my Sombrero off for this guys."
-my ese eaglesskins

god, quote of the year

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #324: June 30, 2009, 02:21:46 AM »
What are you guys on? MacDougal is our most promising reliever, then Clippard (just because he deserves a shot), keep Tavarez for his rubber arm, and Beimel has mostly got it together. Fire the rest and bring up kids until someone sticks.