Author Topic: Nationals vs Red Sox, Game 1  (Read 20642 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Nationals vs Red Sox, Game 1
« Reply #525: June 23, 2009, 11:46:51 PM »
:rofl:

Don't laugh - you were showing your "Crow face" ;)

« Reply #526: June 23, 2009, 11:49:36 PM »
Red Sox Nation in DC: Record crowd cheers 11-3 win

It's headlines from AP stories like this that make me wanna puke.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #527: June 24, 2009, 12:04:23 AM »
anderson hernandez is not our future 2nd baseman.  terrible game.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #528: June 24, 2009, 12:08:22 AM »

unfortunately we don't have anyone that really excites me about our future at 2b. espinosa is a SS and kobernus just got drafted.

and besides, this organization has proved time and time again this year that they don't care about minor league stats, just the cheapest, dumbest options. it's all subjective and every player is not held up to the same standard/rules. have they even given a reason why clippard hasn't been given a shot?

we could end up developing a stud 2B but this FO would rather have a crappy, washed-up retread who will suck for 6 months at the vet minimum

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #529: June 24, 2009, 12:11:47 AM »
unfortunately we don't have anyone that really excites me about our future at 2b. espinosa is a SS and kobernus just got drafted.

and besides, this organization has proved time and time again this year that they don't care about minor league stats, just the cheapest, dumbest options. it's all subjective and every player is not held up to the same standard/rules. have they even given a reason why clippard hasn't been given a shot?

we could end up developing a stud 2B but this FO would rather have a crappy, washed-up retread who will suck for 6 months at the vet minimum
they said Clippard wasn't throwing enough first pitch strikes earlier in the season.

what is their excuse now? his ERA (0.92) isn't low enough? :?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #530: June 24, 2009, 12:13:00 AM »
they said Clippard wasn't throwing enough first pitch strikes earlier in the season.

what is their excuse now? his ERA (0.92) isn't low enough? :?

seriously? they said that? freak this organization. crap.

and wells, colome, and hanrahan do?

we're run by freaking clowns. embarrassing. i need to bring a sign or something to the game, similar to the "AOL and the Caps: see a pattern?" sign from a couple years ago at VC. Maybe: "The real estate market and the nats: see a pattern?" but that isn't that great and i'm not very creative

maybe i can shag some front-row seats behind the dugout and hold it up all game

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #531: June 24, 2009, 12:13:14 AM »
Acta just needs to pick either him or AlGo and play them everyday. no more platooning. let one of them get into a rhythm and play daily.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #532: June 24, 2009, 12:17:15 AM »
It's headlines from AP stories like this that make me wanna puke.
Why?  It's totally accurate.

DC's fault for not cheering on the home crowd.

« Reply #533: June 24, 2009, 12:19:10 AM »
Why?  It's totally accurate.

DC's fault for not cheering on the home crowd.

That's why I wanna puke.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #534: June 24, 2009, 12:20:30 AM »
That's why I wanna puke.

anyone know if kasten went on a boston talk show?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #535: June 24, 2009, 12:37:46 AM »
Acta just needs to pick either him or AlGo and play them everyday. no more platooning. let one of them get into a rhythm and play daily.

freak just start letting Ian Desmond or Leonard Davis play 2b.  I'm getting tired of '360's 2-hit nights sandwiched in with 0-for-4 night's and a bonehead error. 

Yeah Guzman doesn't have the best range, but he makes it up for his bat.  Zim, can't complete the easiest of throws, but he counters that with a huge hit or stop.  And Nick is an OBP machine with an average glove, no complaints. 

We didn't sign Hudson - b/c of a supposed failed physical (ummm how the freak did the Dodgers sign him then) - and we need a solution.  I don't think Anderson Hernandez is an everday 2B.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #536: June 24, 2009, 04:36:41 PM »
I was in Section 301 (last section in left field at that level), which was dominated by Red Sox fans, since that was what was being offered after the front office had sold what they could to season ticket holders.  I brought a relative from Boston to root for her team.  There is no public address speaker near that section, so you can't hear the announcements. It's a better view of the field than in right field's Section 234, where a good chunk of the right field corner and the scoreboard cannot be seen.  In 301 you cannot see a tiny corner of left field.

The Red Sox fans rooted openly for their team and were not rude or obnoxious.  The place really started clearing out after the 8th inning 6-run debacle.  The Red Sox fans in my section actually started cheering for the Nationals, when they batted in the 9th inning.  I think they just wanted to see more game for their money, but it was funny nonetheless.  

40,517 in attendance, new Nationals Park record, which was repeatedly flashed on the scoreboard.  I could see a huge throng standing in the Red Loft/Porch and along the right field rails.  There were a fair number of empty seats in the 213-214.  The Red Sox fan had pre-purchased parking in Lot M, but I missed a turn, got stuck in awful bumper-to-bumper traffic most of the way, and we were late.  (No free t-shirt for T-Shirt Tuesday!)  We were waved into Garage B at no additional cost, so they must have filled Lot M.  A garage elevator and the Park's escalator eliminated almost all walking to Section 301.