Author Topic: Nationals @ Yankees, Game 1  (Read 23870 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals @ Yankees, Game 1
« Reply #50: June 16, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »
Has he actually said anything that hasn't been thrown around on message boards for the past 2 months?

has anyone in the media gone out and publicly say what we've been saying for the past 2 months?  other than boswell.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #51: June 16, 2009, 06:20:24 PM »
You can easily turn that around and say it's a guy pissed off because the team didn't do what he said they would, when he said they would, especially by the "the way Manny is treated" line. Boo-freaking-hoo, you twit. If you were so protective of Manny Acta's feelings, you wouldn't have printed the freaking story! It was Rosenthal airing Acta's laundry, not the Lerners.

You know Rosenthal is sweating buckets right now and has to be taking at least some heat. I agree with what he is trying to say, but a whole lot of what he says is "No crap Sherlock" types of stuff. I'd like to know how he knows the inner workings of the club, so much so that he can say with evidence in hand say that Stan Kasten isn't allowed to do his job. Maybe Stan isn't as effective as everyone imagines. Who really knows the truth.

haha why do you hate reporters out there?  I can understand Nats320 b/c he tries to be a team spokesman, but Ken Rosenthal is one of the highly respected reporters in all of baseball.  He's not a homer and sucks off the Sawx like Gammons does.  He won't bash a club without ever watching one of the games like Kruk does.  Ask anyone in the baseball circle and KR is most of the time spot on.  And he never said it's a fact Manny Acta is getting fired on Monday.  He said according to his baseball sources he'll be likely be removed from the Nats manager position either Monday or Friday.

For a guy who bashes the organization as much as you do, it seems like you get defensive when others do. 

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #52: June 16, 2009, 06:27:04 PM »
haha why do you hate reporters out there?  I can understand Nats320 b/c he tries to be a team spokesman, but Ken Rosenthal is one of the highly respected reporters in all of baseball.  He's not a homer and sucks off the Sawx like Gammons does.  He won't bash a club without ever watching one of the games like Kruk does.  Ask anyone in the baseball circle and KR is most of the time spot on.  And he never said it's a fact Manny Acta is getting fired on Monday.  He said according to his baseball sources he'll be likely be removed from the Nats manager position either Monday or Friday.

For a guy who bashes the organization as much as you do, it seems like you get defensive when others do. 

He's from the Baltimore Sun and has always had a hardon for the Nats. But having said that, your account of his interview today puts him in a pretty defensive position as he further lashes out at the Nats for not doing what he predicted would happen.

« Reply #53: June 16, 2009, 06:29:26 PM »
haha why do you hate reporters out there?

Because many of them are not trustworthy or know jack crap. Mainstream media is not about truth and justice, it's about money and who can sensationalize more than anyone else to get as many readers as possible. I take many of them, especially ones with nameless sources with a grain of salt until proven otherwise. I would have thought the RU Media Studies Department would have taught you a little better. ;)

This is funny coming from a guy who can't take a dump, wipe his ass, look into the toilet and not mouth "freaking Lerners."

Read what I said. It has nothing to do with the team, but the reporting from the reporter.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #54: June 16, 2009, 06:29:27 PM »

I generally like Rosenthal, and he is probably the best of a mediocre lot, but it IS disingenuous of him to complain of how Manny is being treated, ie not firing him promptly. After all, it was Ken's article that put the spotlight on Acta, not anything the club did (except for one mole's leak, perhaps).  So, in this rare instance, I agree with NOTLD in that it was Rosenthal that called attention to Manny in a negative light, so he's the primary reason for the situation he complains about.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #55: June 16, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »

This is funny coming from a guy who can't take a dump, wipe his ass, look into the toilet and not mouth "freaking Lerners."

I can, I just chose not too.  I care about the Nats and the Lerner family are taking a dump on the Nats.  And I read what you said, I still see nothing wrong with his reporting.

He has his sources - who are more than likely are correct - Manny will be let go this week. 

And Tom, I think Ken was saying that either ya fire the guy or ya come out and say the reports are untrue Manny is here to stay. 

Online blue911

« Reply #56: June 16, 2009, 06:35:28 PM »
I generally like Rosenthal, and he is probably the best of a mediocre lot, but it IS disingenuous of him to complain of how Manny is being treated, ie not firing him promptly. After all, it was Ken's article that put the spotlight on Acta, not anything the club did (except for one mole's leak, perhaps).  So, in this rare instance, I agree with NOTLD in that it was Rosenthal that called attention to Manny in a negative light, so he's the primary reason for the situation he complains about.

It may be Hammonds and not Rosenthal. Is there a transcript of the show? Sorry, Hammonds but you've ruined your credibility with all of your Lerner bashing.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #57: June 16, 2009, 06:35:50 PM »
let's do a YNOT for tonight's game ...

1) Will Austin Kearns get a hit?
2) Will Shairon Martis last 6 innings or more?
3) Will a Nationals player hit a home run?
4) How many times will Bob Carpenter say jam job?
5) Will Manny Acta stand in the dugout with a lifeless expression on his face after a bad call (against the Nats)?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #58: June 16, 2009, 06:37:17 PM »
It may be Hammonds and not Rosenthal. Is there a transcript of the show? Sorry, Hammonds but you've ruined your credibility with all of your Lerner bashing.

i'm just posting what the guy said.  i'll see if i can find a link later, now it's dinner time.  (washington post live re-airs @ 11:30 on CSN)

and fwiw, i don't care what you say or feel about me.  i feel they deserve to be bashed for the way they run this organization.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #59: June 16, 2009, 06:39:54 PM »

And Tom, I think Ken was saying that either ya fire the guy or ya come out and say the reports are untrue Manny is here to stay. 

So Ken can write articles, then righteously demand responses (from the Lerners) to them?  What gives him the right to force them into making public statements?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #60: June 16, 2009, 06:40:55 PM »
4) How many times will Bob Carpenter say jam job?

It's rubbing off on Dibble, he said something about "serious jammage" in the last game.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #61: June 16, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »
Yankees line moves to -420

That is probably the biggest baseball line I have ever seen in my life.

The Nats are the biggest underdog in years.     

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #62: June 16, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
So Ken can write articles, then righteously demand responses (from the Lerners) to them?  What gives him the right to force them into making public statements?

he was just offering his opinion at that point.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #63: June 16, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »
Yankees line moves to -420 (Image removed from quote.)

That is probably the biggest baseball line I have ever seen in my life.

The Nats are the biggest underdog in years.    

no surprise.  martis is gonna get shelled, the bats are gonna be quiet against sabathia. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #64: June 16, 2009, 06:43:45 PM »
We have a two game winning streak over the Yanks.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #65: June 16, 2009, 06:44:22 PM »
1) Will Austin Kearns get a hit?  Hell no
2) Will Shairon Martis last 6 innings or more?  No
3) Will a Nationals player hit a home run?  Yes
4) How many times will Bob Carpenter say jam job?  17
5) Will Manny Acta stand in the dugout with a lifeless expression on his face after a bad call (against the Nats)?  Yes

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #66: June 16, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »
no surprise.  martis is gonna get shelled, the bats are gonna be quiet against sabathia. 
Yankees starting 7 LH batters in their lineup. Lefties pwn Martis.

Sabathia against the Nats last year: 9 IP 5 H 0 R 0 ER 1 BB 9 K

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #67: June 16, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »
I was tempted to put my entire betting account on the Yanks tonight but decided against it. too chicken :?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #68: June 16, 2009, 06:56:40 PM »
I was tempted to put my entire betting account on the Yanks tonight but decided against it. too chicken :?

After all the crap you've been talking about the Nats I wouldn't call that chicken. I'd call that just being a plain nag.  :lol:  I'm shocked that so many people are talking like this game shouldn't even be played. I guess most of you won't even be watching since we have no shot.  :?  I'm holding off on giving up and am hoping for a win.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #69: June 16, 2009, 06:58:40 PM »
Has the Sosa positive test for PED been mentioned yet? Is there a thread on it?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #70: June 16, 2009, 06:59:29 PM »
After all the crap you've been talking about the Nats I wouldn't call that chicken. I'd call that just being a plain nag.  :lol:  I'm shocked that so many people are talking like this game shouldn't even be played. I guess most of you won't even be watching since we have no shot.  :?  I'm holding off on giving up and am hoping for a win.

i don't think we have a shot tonight, but i'll be rooting my ass off.  i got my road blue hat on and a beer in my hand.  c'mon nats, freak the yanks.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #71: June 16, 2009, 07:00:02 PM »
Has the Sosa positive test for PED been mentioned yet? Is there a thread on it?

i was gonna post something, but i didn't want to waste a thread on that bum.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #72: June 16, 2009, 07:00:08 PM »
if there was any baseball game I would ever bet my life on it would be this one.

I just don't want to blow all the money I worked hard to win in one game.

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
« Reply #73: June 16, 2009, 07:00:53 PM »
How do the betting lines work in baseball?  Obviously that isn't like in football and the Yanks are expected to win by 420 runs.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #74: June 16, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
if there was any baseball game I would ever bet my life on it would be this one.

I just don't want to blow all the money I worked hard to win in one game.

If you would stake your life on the outcome what the hell is your money compared to that? Also, if it's such a sure thing there shouldn't be much of a risk. You're talking all the talk but you're not backing it up with action.