Author Topic: Nationals @ Yankees, Game 1  (Read 23859 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Yankees, Game 1
« Reply #125: June 16, 2009, 07:37:39 PM »
that walk stings. he was ahead of him and let him off the hook.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #126: June 16, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
martis  :spaz: :doh: :hang: :bang:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #127: June 16, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »
Lodson says he'll get LoDuca'ed.

We can only pray.......

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #128: June 16, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »
1 run every 2 innings is good against this team in this park.

too bad our offense once again hangs one of our young pitchers out to dry. :hang:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #129: June 16, 2009, 07:41:45 PM »
Kearns sucks.  SF, your boy Bowden really screwed us with bringing him into town.  What a waste Kearns is.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #130: June 16, 2009, 07:41:55 PM »
that was damage control by Martis

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #131: June 16, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »
p.s. ian desmond is money recently at the dish and EA (Arnesen) is pitching another gem.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #132: June 16, 2009, 07:42:35 PM »
Kearns sucks.  SF, your boy Bowden really screwed us with bringing him into town.  What a waste Kearns is.
Am I mistaken or were you once a really big fan of his?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #133: June 16, 2009, 07:42:38 PM »
that was damage control by Martis

could've been worse but he freaked himself over.  just like det did the other day.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #134: June 16, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »

:rofl:  NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :rofl:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #135: June 16, 2009, 07:44:16 PM »

He even came up with a nickname for him. 

1 run every 2 innings is good against this team in this park.

That's the so called quality start definition.  :?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #136: June 16, 2009, 07:45:46 PM »
It's beginning to look like sportsfan gave me a break by not accepting my challenge.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #137: June 16, 2009, 07:46:39 PM »
Is MASN purposely not pointing the camera into the dugouts so there's no talk of Manny?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #138: June 16, 2009, 07:46:57 PM »
yea hernandez

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #139: June 16, 2009, 07:47:07 PM »
did you guys read Chico's latest post regarding Acta. some good stuff in there.

Q: The weekend has been a whirlwind for you. How are you feeling, and how do you feel about all the reports about your firing?

I feel great. I don't worry about rumors. Rumors or not rumors, when your number is up, your number is up. I don't spend time worrying about that, because if I worry and listen and answer to every one of the things that are gonna be said about me, I won't have enough time to prepare myself and put this club together. I can't control that. I just come here every day and prepare myself and prepare my club to play. I don't let that consume my whole time.

Q: Have you talked to the team about it?

No. And I don't have to. They don't have to be involved in everything. Everything that is out there -- what, are we gonna have a meeting every time everybody says something? They're playing hard. That series in Tampa was proof of it, and that's all we can ask for.

Q: Have you gotten any clarity from Stan about your job status?

No. I've been here for 2-1/2 years, and I don't have to be communicating with the people upstairs every day. I'm the type of guy who really doesn't need to be patted on the back every day to show up here with a good face, good attitude, and do what I'm supposed to do.

Q: If you look at this roster, it should be much better. Why hasn't it worked out?

I think the numbers are there. You win with pitching and defense, and it just hasn't been there for us. That's one thing, a lot of people are measuring progress when you're rebuilding on wins and losses, and that's not it. If you look at that roster from 2007 a lot of those guys aren't even in baseball now. I think this organization is heading toward the right direction. It shows with the starting pitchers we're throwing out there. It'll show. In 2007, we won more games than the Rays and the very next year the Rays went to the World Series. But I understand. The wins and losses, it's there. We have to live with it.

Q: Since the report came out on Saturday, have you spoken with anybody in the front office concerning it?

I spoke to them the same day, when it came out. Just same thing. It's a rumor.

Q: They assured you the report was inaccurate?

When they talked to me that day in Tampa, yes.

Q: Manny, as far as what it's like for you, is there a level of discomfort with not knowing?

I didn't know since spring training started. I'm not the only manager working on the last year of a contract, and like I said, I just show up to work every day. I don't need people patting me on the back. I'm comfortable in my skin. You're never going to have 100-percent approval, and you know, I'm prepared for all that. I'm just here to work every day.

Q: New York saw a bit of this last year with Willie Randolph, and the uncertainty with him seemed to creep into affecting the clubhouse. Are you worried at all that will affect your team?

It hasn't yet. If it does happen, it'll probably be a problem.

Q: So you haven't gotten any sort of vibe from the players in the clubhouse coming to you and saying, Hey, you doing OK? We're on your side.

Yeah, I have guys who, even sometimes they don't pay much attention to those rumors, and they have called me and said, 'Hey, what's going on?' And I said, Hey, it's just a rumor out there, and everyone who has managed in the game has had it in the past, and don't worry about it, I'm fine. Just play the game.

Q: What about the uncertainty? Would you rather a decision just gets made either way?

I have had 19 one-year deals in a row in my life, up until I had a two-year deal with the Mets in 2005. So I've been through this my whole career. I don't worry about that stuff. I'll be too selfish to be worrying about next year.

When a Fox Sports report on Saturday suggested that Acta's firing was imminent -- and already decided -- Acta spoke immediately thereafter with acting general manager Mike Rizzo and president Stan Kasten, who assured him that the report was inaccurate. But even that assurance does not solidify Acta's job, which now survives on a series-by-series basis.

"It's certainly uncomfortable with the speculation," Rizzo said. "Names are being bandied about of replacements and we haven't even discussed it with the current manager. He's still our manager. We support him. And all the reports that happened over the weekend, I don't know where those reports come from. And there's not much to comment on reports that there's no basis to."

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #140: June 16, 2009, 07:47:48 PM »
:az: '360' :az:

leonard davis with an rbi double ... 1-0 sens.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #141: June 16, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »
He even came up with a nickname for him. 

I thought so. he denies it but I remember him being a big AK fan a few years ago.

freaking Guzman sucks :bang:

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #142: June 16, 2009, 07:50:11 PM »
Austin Kearns fooled a lot of us.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #143: June 16, 2009, 07:51:08 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem with tonight's HD feed where the picture became rather choppy, for lack of a better word, during the Nationals' last turn at bat? It feels almost like it does when you see someone moving a hand or whatever in front of a strobe light. Making me dizzy.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #144: June 16, 2009, 07:51:17 PM »
Z is really struggling on throws

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #145: June 16, 2009, 07:51:34 PM »
:hang: you can't make those type of plays and expect to win.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #146: June 16, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »
I thought so. he denies it but I remember him being a big AK fan a few years ago

what AK25 ... yeah that doesn't mean i think the guy is a stud or anything.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #147: June 16, 2009, 07:51:38 PM »
Re: Austin Kearns...

I don't ever like to say ITYS. but I think I may have to on this one.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #148: June 16, 2009, 07:52:25 PM »
Z is really struggling on throws
he needs to spend a whole day just standing around third base and throwing the ball to first. Just work on the simple stationary throw.

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
« Reply #149: June 16, 2009, 07:52:49 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem with tonight's HD feed where the picture became rather choppy, for lack of a better word, during the Nationals' last turn at bat? It feels almost like it does when you see someone moving a hand or whatever in front of a strobe light. Making me dizzy.

I'm not having a problem