Author Topic: Vacations - holidays?  (Read 751 times)

Offline AuRevoirExpos

Vacations - holidays?
« Topic Start: June 28, 2006, 11:29:46 AM »
So where are you guys taking your summer vacations?

I'm pretty excited as I'm off to Italy on Friday for 18 days, I've covered most of Europe but for some reason I've never been to Italy before.

I suppose it's a bit easier for a European like me to visit all these countries as we're pretty tightly packed over here, and I can be in France, Germany, Italy, Scandanavia, Spain, Portugal, or down in 'the Med' all inside a couple of hours, I can even be in Greece, Turkey, North Africa or Russia in 3-4 hour flight. Whereas Americans/Canadians need to go some distance to see the rest of the world, unless you head south I suppose to Latin America.

So where do you go to relax?

See you all after my trip.

8)

Offline DelNatsFan

Vacations - holidays?
« Reply #1: June 28, 2006, 06:57:54 PM »
No real vacation plans this year; started a new job in May and don't start accruing time for another month. Usually take one weekend at Rehoboth Beach (DE) with some friends, but I now work on Sundays and two friends are moving to NC. I may be heading up to a mountain retreat near Olean, NY next month for a reunion. Otherwise I like to road trip to ballgames in the area. I may try to get back down to Florida for Spring training again in '07. Went to Tampa/Clearwater in '04, and at least Clearwater was a blast!!!

Offline NatsAddict

Vacations - holidays?
« Reply #2: June 30, 2006, 07:28:22 AM »
This year is is just a bunch of short little 3, 4 & 5 day weekends.  

I'm planning on next year's vacation.  I'm taking Dad up to Cooperstown to watch what I expect to be Ripken's and Gwynn's induction.  Also, since he's a Yankee fan (as a kid, he worshiped DiMaggio), hopefully Gossage gets the call, too.

McGwire, if he hadn't cheated and further disgraced himself, would have probably been inducted next year, too (I can't understand writers that blast McGwire but say they'll still vote for Bonds).  Ricky Henderson un-retired and delayed his eligiblilty for a couple more years.